Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-07-2011, 09:55 PM

24,544 posts, read 56,029,399 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ihatespoiledbrattypeople View Post
still a lot of women, girls end up in long-lasting relationships, that last more than a year and what instantly got their boyfriend's attracted to them was her looks
No doubt, that's how they trap them, sometimes for the next 20 years!

Old 10-07-2011, 11:59 PM

48,518 posts, read 34,807,002 times
Quote:
yeah, but still, it's easier to attract people with your looks and body than it is with your confidence, attitude, social skills, etc., because you are more prone to mistakes when using words
Girls can get boinked with looks alone. EVERYONE has to work at being a good mate. Education, intelligence, social skills, hobbies/passions, activities... EVERYONE.

All you ever tell anyone is that you have no standards - at all. BUT, you are in the minority, MOST people, men and women have standards and requirements.

Please stop beating the boring poor men drum. You are mind-numbingly tedious. THAT'S why women aren't interested. I'm repulsed and I've never even met you.

Sorry that's harsh. But you need to do something about your mindset - you are making YOURSELF miserable. Not women.

Old 10-08-2011, 05:35 AM
miu

17,766 posts, read 40,152,606 times
Quote:
I want to be a one-woman's man, but unfortuneately, a man has to have confidence, and have all of what i listed above in order to be boyfriend material to the woman, but if a woman is hot, she can attract a guy easily
How old are you??? From your first post, it sounds like you want the same dating appeal privileges as a woman. So... are you a hot looking guy that lacks social skills?

Old 10-08-2011, 08:24 AM

8,003 posts, read 11,719,353 times
Well, if you're anything in real life, like you appear to be in your posts..."whiny, self-pitying, talk a thousand miles per hour in run on sentences, without hardly taking time for a breath", it's easy to see why you have trouble with relationships. I'm exhausted, after reading just a few of your posts!

You're wrong, women don't have it any easier than men to. Clearly, you don't have a whole lot of female friends or you'd know that. Stop trying to make excuses (your gender) for why you aren't successful in relationships, then take the necessary steps to correct what's wrong. You'll find yourself having an easier time of it. Oh man, do lose the self-pity....God that is so tiresome and repulsive....most women HATE that!!

Last edited by beachmel; 10-08-2011 at 08:44 AM..

Old 10-08-2011, 08:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
How would you know that? Did you used to be a woman? If so, I will concede your point.
Great post! I will join you in conceding the OP's point!

Old 10-08-2011, 08:36 AM

Quote:
yeah but nowhere near as long as the list of requirements women have for men
What a ridiculous assumption here. Oh hey, some guys may not have a very long list of requirements which need to be filled, in order to have sex or get a blow job from some random female at the end of the night, but make no mistake....MOST guys have a pretty damn long list of requirements for a female he's going to date and/or marry. Good grief, how old are you? You must live in a pretty sheltered world.

Old 10-08-2011, 09:15 AM

4,164 posts, read 6,312,593 times
We live in a highly competitive world...We have to compete against other applicants for jobs and many other things in life...Everyone is free to "pick" and "choose" who they want to date and marry too. Thank goodness we don't live in a country where marriages are "arranged" for us! ...We can increase our "odds" of finding a better job by going back to school and developing more skills and expertise in our field...All of this applies to dating too. If we want to become more popular and appealing to the opposite sex we have things to learn too... There are no "free passes" or "free rides" in life. Everything requires "work!" And effort! ...I had to learn these lessons back in 2nd grade. (When I was a shy and self-conscious chubby little kid who was lousy at sports!) I "moped" around a lot and pouted and felt sorry for myself back then because I didn't have many friends. And I played "poor me" because no one wanted to pick me for their team when we played "ball" at recess...I definitely felt like a "victim" and I walked around "mad" all the time and felt that life was totally "unfair!" Then one day I "got it!"...I realized that I was just not a very interesting person. I didn't have much to "offer." Little by little I developed more "social skills" and showed more interest in the people around me. I stopped being so self-centered...And I practiced playing "ball" with my Dad every night after school. This helped me build up my skills and confidence...If we don't work to "sharpen our skills" we're always going to end up "last in line." Nobody is obligated to "hire us" or "like us." We live in a free country with lots of options and choices.

Old 10-15-2011, 08:38 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,384,526 times
great observations. have you noticed that the list for boyfriend looks just like the list for employee? also the very short list for female employee?

Old 10-15-2011, 08:45 PM

1,196 posts, read 2,313,002 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
great observations. have you noticed that the list for boyfriend looks just like the list for employee? also the very short list for female employee?
yeah, it's like guys have to be a certain way, but girls have to look a certain way

Old 10-15-2011, 10:02 PM

45 posts, read 45,267 times
Quote:
yeah, it's like guys have to be a certain way, but girls have to look a certain way
No. You're describing the shallow ones who don't really know what they want. You don't want to be with those types anyway. A good portion of women, like men, have a vague outline of what they are looking for in a partner: hobbies, interests and so on. That doesn't mean they will only go for someone who adheres strictly to what they may be looking for. My ex, for a little over 5 years is from thailand, she only dated thai men up to that point and her parents were very traditional. At first her parents weren't comfortable due to me growing up in Italy and the cultural differences, but after they got to know me we got along great.

Work on yourself for a little bit (don't put so much pressure on yourself), get a better positive outlook which could be as simple as being happy, & lower your standards a little which in turn will build up your confidence.

Last edited by EpochWraith; 10-15-2011 at 10:32 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships