Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-01-2011, 03:21 PM

244 posts, read 333,189 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thehouse View Post
I am going to be blunt for a moment.,.....

Should women start accepting cheating from a man as long as he doesn't bring it home or make it very obvious?..disrespectful....

And just to add support, I have spoken to females who say that they don't care if their man is cheating, as long as they are not being disrespected and use protection.

In 2011, I cannot understand why a woman would be surprised if their man/husband cheated.
It may be a little jaded to say that. I understand in today's world there are circumstances and relationships that have the type of arrangement where it's accepted though it is frowned upon, but it's not for us to say why be surprised.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-01-2011, 03:38 PM

1,833 posts, read 2,509,364 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TaoistDude View Post
This is a "politically correct" myth, but often not substantiated in reality. It is seldom so simple, and love can be a spectrum. Not that I condone cheating. At the very least it is a violation of trust, and often much worse.

There's no myth behind it and it's quite simple. If you truly love someone, you're not going to betray them like that. If you cheat on your SO, you don't love nor respect them.

Old 11-01-2011, 03:54 PM

45,217 posts, read 100,721,390 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WakaFlocka View Post
There's no myth behind it and it's quite simple. If you truly love someone, you're not going to betray them like that. If you cheat on your SO, you don't love nor respect them.
I only wish the world were so black and white my friend.

In reality, the world is made up of many shades of gray

Old 11-01-2011, 03:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
I only wish the world were so black and white my friend.

In reality, the world is made up of many shades of gray

There's no gray here. Cheating means you don't love or respect the person. It's quite simple.

Old 11-01-2011, 04:03 PM

Quote:
There's no gray here. Cheating means you don't love or respect the person. It's quite simple.
Simple for you, and that's great!

But in the bigger picture, this is just sometimes a lot more complicated than you can currently appreciate.

Men are particularly adept at being able to "compartmentalize", meaning in their minds one thing they do does not have to have any relation to something else they do.

Read up on this a bit to try to understand it better. Not saying you ever have to agree it's "okay", but you do need to try to see that it just is what it is and does exist

Psychology of Compartmentalizing Sex ~ Relationships and Sex

Old 11-01-2011, 04:05 PM

14,294 posts, read 13,187,604 times
Quote:
I am going to be blunt for a moment.,.....

Should women start accepting cheating from a man as long as he doesn't bring it home or make it very obvious?..disrespectful....

And just to add support, I have spoken to females who say that they don't care if their man is cheating, as long as they are not being disrespected and use protection.

In 2011, I cannot understand why a woman would be surprised if their man/husband cheated.
Why not f his brains out like a mad monkey at home so he doesn't have the urge?

Old 11-01-2011, 04:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
Simple for you, and that's great!

But in the bigger picture, this is just sometimes a lot more complicated than you can currently appreciate.

Men are particularly adept at being able to "compartmentalize", meaning in their minds one thing they do does not have to have any relation to something else they do.

Read up on this a bit to try to understand it better. Not saying you ever have to agree it's "okay", but you do need to try to see that it just is what it is and does exist

Psychology of Compartmentalizing Sex ~ Relationships and Sex

Are you seriously trying to back your claim with that article?

Old 11-01-2011, 04:09 PM

5,987 posts, read 10,470,434 times
Quote:
It may be simple if you're programmed to think in a simple-minded fashion. Life is rarely so clear-cut.

Old 11-01-2011, 04:50 PM

Quote:
Are you seriously trying to back your claim with that article?
Not at all, just providing some reading material for you to see that there is more to this subject than you may realize

Feel free to google better articles for yourself

Old 11-01-2011, 05:46 PM

17,717 posts, read 13,533,813 times
Quote:
lol not at all. i am just asking the questions.......

It sure sounds like one.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships