Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-24-2011, 07:07 PM

13,608 posts, read 21,392,840 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ferretkona View Post
God does not say anything. The bible was written by men/humans.

You don't need to get on her case about that. Some people want to live by a certain code of ethics. More power to them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-24-2011, 07:30 PM

422 posts, read 756,931 times
I will pray for you. HIV is a life style changer, you are young still my friend I suggest for you to relax and not worry so much about being alone or when you will find the right person. Use this time to become knowledgeable about your situation and like some have suggested search out some support groups. Good Luck try not to get depressed I Know your situation seems bleak but I know some people that are 10 times far worse than you and they are doing ok.

Old 08-24-2011, 07:41 PM

826 posts, read 1,893,669 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stepka View Post
Yeah but if you read her post you'll see that she's been able to have sex partners, just not LT relationships. If they're so concerned about getting HIV why are they willing to have sex? OP, I think you've just been dating the wrong kind of men. This has got to be a tough situation.
Exactly! So she's good enough to have sex with but not good enough for a long term relationship? SMH at some guys.

OP, those men were just the wrong ones.

Old 08-24-2011, 07:48 PM

16 posts, read 19,377 times
Everyone opinion and thought is appreciated except the one of God and the bible but then again, its ok, because everyone is allowed to have their own feelings and opinions about everything in this world. Thank you for caring enough to leave a comment, it is really appreciated. Yes I don't get that part either about "good enough for sex" and not a long term relationship. Then there is a chance that a relationship can happen if a person willing to be intimate. I think they using the excuse of my situation to bail out. Cuz as soon as it happens they bailed out. Yes , wrong men that crossed my path. Waiting for a good one to cross my path now, tired of the wrong ones. I tried to leave the relationship subject alone and just live each day, and finish school and work as a social worker helping everyone around the world. But from time to time I do feel so alone and I really desire a partner. A partner to love and share good times and bad times, to fight with sometimes over the stupidiest things, but not serious stuff, make up, support one another, and you know enjoy life with I guess. Again, ty all for your thoughts.

Old 08-24-2011, 07:58 PM

826 posts, read 1,893,669 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aguacate_cremosa View Post
Everyone opinion and thought is appreciated except the one of God and the bible but then again, its ok, because everyone is allowed to have their own feelings and opinions about everything in this world. Thank you for caring enough to leave a comment, it is really appreciated. Yes I don't get that part either about "good enough for sex" and not a long term relationship. Then there is a chance that a relationship can happen if a person willing to be intimate. I think they using the excuse of my situation to bail out. Cuz as soon as it happens they bailed out. Yes , wrong men that crossed my path. Waiting for a good one to cross my path now, tired of the wrong ones. I tried to leave the relationship subject alone and just live each day, and finish school and work as a social worker helping everyone around the world. But from time to time I do feel so alone and I really desire a partner. A partner to love and share good times and bad times, to fight with sometimes over the stupidiest things, but not serious stuff, make up, support one another, and you know enjoy life with I guess. Again, ty all for your thoughts.
If it makes you feel any better, even us non HIV folks suffer those same issues too. Guys bailing out after sex, seeking "the one", making stupid decisions, loneliness etc.
We are all just doing the best we can. Keep your head up

Old 08-24-2011, 07:59 PM

16 posts, read 19,377 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peacelilies View Post
If it makes you feel any better, even us non HIV folks suffer those same issues too. Guys bailing out after sex, seeking "the one", making stupid decisions, loneliness etc.
We are all just doing the best we can. Keep your head up

That is so true, thank you Peacelilies

Old 08-24-2011, 08:55 PM

18,836 posts, read 37,360,870 times
That is very sad. I think, maybe you are not dating the right guys for you, I don't know where you can meet the right man...but I do know this, focus on things in your life that you can control, rather than things that you cannot control. When you do that, other pieces just fall into place. Best luck to you. You deserve all the happiness in the world.

Don't settle, you are better than that, and you deserve more.

Old 08-24-2011, 09:58 PM

17,869 posts, read 20,994,484 times
I would appreciate your honesty about having HIV before sleeping with you, but I would not have sex with you after. I'm not going to shun you away or anything of the sort, and would happily stay friends with you, but HIV does scare the crap out of me, and I'm not going to take any chances with all the available information presented to me.

Same goes for Hep C. I'm not a mind reader so she can just as easily with hold the information from me, but if she did, I wouldn't sleep with her, and would offer friendship as probably my best offer.

Old 08-24-2011, 10:34 PM

3,835 posts, read 4,442,278 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prince_Frog View Post
I would appreciate your honesty about having HIV before sleeping with you, but I would not have sex with you after. I'm not going to shun you away or anything of the sort, and would happily stay friends with you, but HIV does scare the crap out of me, and I'm not going to take any chances with all the available information presented to me.

Same goes for Hep C. I'm not a mind reader so she can just as easily with hold the information from me, but if she did, I wouldn't sleep with her, and would offer friendship as probably my best offer.

I know this will sound really harsh to the OP but as a guy, it absolutely BLOWS MY MIND that guys would still sleep with you KNOWING that you had HIV...protection or not, that is not something to play with! I would be running for the hills...my brother had a similar experience with a girl that he had been dating...he honestly thought she was "the one"...big words coming from my proud bachelor brother...till she finally told him that she had herpes...that ended that relationship...he was really bummed out too, but you just can't take those kinds of risks with your body...I'm so sorry for the OP that she has had to go through all these problems...with crappy guys

Old 08-25-2011, 12:38 AM

22,278 posts, read 21,725,695 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bouncethelight View Post
It's possible to get HIV through oral sex. Wear a condom!

I've had friends with HIV who never got AIDS, but still died very young of other diseases. Their immune systems were not strong enough to handle what a completely healthy person could. I'm not mentioning this to scare anyone or make the original poster feel bad, but rather to remind some that HIV is a serious disease, and it's not as simple as just taking some medicine regularly and being fine.
Wrong information.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships