U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-25-2011, 10:34 PM

26,118 posts, read 26,015,357 times

Advertisements

Funny this statistic too, mentions Phoenix as #1! I've read and heard many other sources say the same thing about Phoenix, maybe these stats are correct after all. Which of course is a good thing for those out there who are browsing.
Definately nothing here, at least not mentioned, in NE WI, lol.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-25-2011, 11:01 PM

2,102 posts, read 4,259,629 times
There's definitely a reason why my friends from San Jose nicknamed the city "Man Jose."

Old 08-25-2011, 11:37 PM
Status: ""Beware of Drunken Russians" As True today as ever" (set 13 days ago)

26,959 posts, read 18,643,116 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mir86 View Post
my jaw dropped when I read Phoenix...as I'm only 2 hours away. I do remember there being tons of good looking men up there! haha
Phoenix is probably better for woman than men as for as looks go. A lot of men that work for my company who are permanently located in Phoenix are in great shape, not so much the woman. Vegas is better for the men!

Old 08-26-2011, 07:55 AM

7,493 posts, read 11,113,401 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by West of Encino View Post
What's the male/female balance like in Alaska?
From what I heard, lots of men as opposed to women. Too bad I hate winter so much because there's some nice-looking guys up there!

Quote:
Originally Posted by imalert View Post
I once heard that Denver is a place for married couples to raise kids.
You heard right.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrEarth View Post
Why?
There aren't many singles here. In fact I don't know any whatsoever. And I refuse to do the online dating thing since I don't really want to stay here anyway. It's pretty interesting to me that Denver and/or cities around it consistently end up on all these top lists (best cities to live, best cities for singles, best cities for jobs, thinnest, etc.) when it's not true. Somebody somewhere has to be getting paid to market Denver as some awesome place (don't get me wrong it has it's good points, but for the most part, no).

Old 08-26-2011, 10:42 AM

2,282 posts, read 3,746,065 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by imalert View Post
I once heard that Denver is a place for married couples to raise kids.
Absolutely. Most people here ARE NOT single. There are definitely more single men than there are women. Metro Denver is either very conservo (in the burbs), or very gay (Cap Hill, City Park, Congress Park). There are a lot of hotties around here, don't get me wrong. But I'd say that 98% of them are locked up in some serious relationship. A lot of folks I know here ended up moving here with their SO from out of state. That's really mostly what Denver is, a bunch of transient couples.

Old 08-26-2011, 01:26 PM

12,671 posts, read 22,667,485 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by passionatearts View Post
There's definitely a reason why my friends from San Jose nicknamed the city "Man Jose."
No way Jose.

Old 08-26-2011, 01:36 PM

26,125 posts, read 29,573,719 times
Looking up cities by female population will yeild you both married and unmarried and under age 18. If you are looking for the cities with the highest populace of single women I came across this article (it's about 12 pages with specifics as to why each of these places were selected).

2010 Top 10 Cities for Single Women | Single Minded Women

Old 08-26-2011, 04:55 PM

12,671 posts, read 22,667,485 times
Just because they are Single does not mean they are available.

Old 08-27-2011, 12:25 PM

4,987 posts, read 10,304,479 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by passionatearts View Post
The same nickname can be given to "Man Diego." San Diego has a high male-to-female ratio because of all the military installations, and like San Jose has a large IT industry. I still had my fair share of tail there though.

In the US, I think the best city to be a single male is Atlanta (at least if you're white or black, not sure for other races. Then again, the city and metro has become more cosmopolitan over the years).

Old 08-27-2011, 06:51 PM

15,972 posts, read 8,699,317 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by d-boy-80 View Post
Here I was thinking it was a good thing to live in Chicago

So the question is what can a young single male do to get a woman; when the majority of women his age do not want him: be it for social awkwardness, out of shape, low self esteem, too nice, etc?
Work out to get in better shape. That in itself will go a long way will have a positive effect on your social skills.

Don't take census information and "Top Ten" lists too seriously. You live in one of the largest metro areas in the US. MILLLOINS of people.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships