Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-27-2011, 07:28 AM

3,440 posts, read 5,717,541 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by West of Encino View Post
Straight up. As a teen, I opposed rap lyrics that were misogynistic. But after seeing how females really are, I started singing off those lyrics.

But you're right. Men aren't misogynists on purpose. Women create sexists and their own enemies.
Women create jerks and badboys.

Old 08-27-2011, 07:39 AM

19,046 posts, read 25,190,600 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crabman1 View Post
No Braun, there is not. WA state is the most divorce friendly state in the nation for a person that was in her shoes, or so the attorneys tell me. At her age it is considered impossible to train her to bring in an income that would allow her to live in any close facsimile of the manner to which she had become accustomed during the marriage. This outcome is not common because there are few people in her situation but among those that are it is pretty much whats going to happen.

No she does not work, she has no need of it. I don't know what she is doing.
Your anecdote is certainly a case study. It's good to read that it's not common, but still. Another poster in a different thread mentioned that people receiving alimony should have to work for their x-spouse. I wish that could be the case. The whole idea of developing a human being, over several decades, who cannot survive on their own is just wrong. Hopefully, more people will wise up to this and your situation will become even that much more uncommon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Jack22 View Post
Women create jerks and badboys.
Yep, and men create B's with attitudes. Both groups get to stand there and point fingers at each other. Forget about personal responsibility and ownership in one's life.

Old 08-27-2011, 08:06 AM

9,408 posts, read 13,738,548 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 007.5 View Post
Being good parents has everything to do with being Married because it sets the right example for committed love no matter what may come , to the children. Regardless of your Parents bickering, they made it work and to your benefit. At least you werent the product of divorce, or a parent running off having an adulterous affair, or being an illigitimate child. Had they Shacked Up, you most likely would have been raised by one Parent for a good part of your childhood and have an emotional imbalance , possibly even homosexuality, due to a missing Parent who took advantage of the door being propped open for easy escape. You should tell your parents how proud of them you are for making it work , and not denounce the sanctity of Marriage since you didnt turn out too bad . Im pleased they had dignity and enough respect for each other and their children to stay together during not so easy times. Its a good lesson for todays apathetic/narcisistic/and 'whatever' generation to heed .
What a load of complete baloney.

Tell that to my two well adjusted adult daughters who had two parents who lived together for 10 years before getting married then divorced 3 years later

I have known hundreds of people over my lifetime who are the product of divorce, gay parents, unmarried parents and guess what...they're normal.

Let me tell you about my parents who stayed miserably married for 40 years before my Father dropped dead. Shall I tell you of the messed up kids they had, the dysfunction that no-one really saw but left a legacy on myself and my brothers and sisters?

Marriage is NOT the basis for bringing up well adjusted kids. Having people who love them and teach them is the basis and those people can be grandparents, gay parents, single parents or two parents.

Sometimes your extreme religious ideas get in the way of reality.

Old 08-27-2011, 09:08 AM

4,837 posts, read 8,855,157 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight2009 View Post
Actually, I was reading something in the newspaper recently that said that men *need* marriage, to live a happier and healthier life. The article associated unmarried or never-married men as having much less quality of life, worse mortality rates, and significantly more mental and emotional health issues, among other things, if I am recalling correctly...
You should be very careful believing much of this material that obviously runs counter to what most people are experiencing. There are well funded right wing groups that have set up foundations to produce this supposedly "independent" research and the gullible MSM swallows it hook line and sinker. Unlike real research, they start with a conclusion and look for "evidence" to support their biases.

Three good examples:

1) Fundamentalist religious sects that are "promoting" marriage.

2) Oil and particularly coal companies that are finding "fault" with those doing research on climate change and on alternate energy sources.

3) Right wing, quasi fascist political movements associated with the Republicans who are looking hard for problems with gay rights, policies that tax speculation and encourage real investment and attempt to tar real conservative and moderate voices as being "leftist", etc. Meanwhile the extreme and loud right wing trash elements of society are portrayed as somehow being reasonable - when their actions over the last 30 years have created this mess we are in. They benefited from their extremely bad policies and are afraid that they might be forced to help clean up this mess of their making.

Beware.

Old 08-27-2011, 09:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broncos Quarterback View Post
Marriage is indeed declining in the US, but it's declining most amongst those who are less educated.
Certainly not my experience. Maybe the people I know are so embarrassed that they got married in secret!

Old 08-27-2011, 09:19 AM

19,046 posts, read 25,190,600 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NotARedneck View Post
Certainly not my experience. Maybe the people I know are so embarrassed that they got married in secret!
So, you think your experience trumps census/CDC vital statistics and that census/CDC vital statistics is a right/left winged conspiracy to fool unsuspecting net readers?

Old 08-27-2011, 09:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Jack22 View Post
Women create jerks and bad boys.
So true. This behavior is amply rewarded with sex and other forms of support. Of course, what is left out of the equation is that such men are also good looking. Now days, to attract such a man, women must stoop to this behavior or they will not be in the game.

What is illuminating is how these women treat other men. Badly and rudely. They blame them for being "nice guys" - fakes - to make this seem reasonable but the fact is, they seldom really get close enough to them to know them at all.

Old 08-27-2011, 09:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Braunwyn View Post
So, you think your experience trumps census/CDC vital statistics and that census/CDC vital statistics is a right/left winged conspiracy to fool unsuspecting net readers?
No. The supposed "research" from women's studies types fails at the most basic level - correlation doesn't equal causation - and yet this garbage gets circulated endlessly!

It is expensive and time consuming to refute this material and such endeavors are seldom adequately funded.

Old 08-27-2011, 09:33 AM

1,417 posts, read 2,180,685 times
Quote:
So true. This behavior is amply rewarded with sex and other forms of support. Of course, what is left out of the equation is that such men are also good looking. Now days, to attract such a man, women must stoop to this behavior or they will not be in the game.

What is illuminating is how these women treat other men. Badly and rudely. They blame them for being "nice guys" - fakes - to make this seem reasonable but the fact is, they seldom really get close enough to them to know them at all.
For what it's worth...men that are a$$es and women who are bit$hes come in about equal numbers throughout the population.

Some people find everyone in the opposite sex evil because they HAVE A CHIP ON THEIR SHOULDERS.

If any man or woman expects the best and is willing to give their best- the chances of landing a good person dramatically increase.

...but I can pretty much guarantee you wont believe me.

Life is sad sometimes.

Old 08-27-2011, 09:36 AM

3,440 posts, read 5,717,541 times
Quote:
No. The supposed "research" from women's studies types fails at the most basic level - correlation doesn't equal causation - and yet this garbage gets circulated endlessly!

It is expensive and time consuming to refute this material and such endeavors are seldom adequately funded.
Unfortunately, feminism has embedded itself in the government and the government controls what we see and controls the media.

The media is backed by the powerful, evil Central Bankers that want to enslave humanity who also were the same people who funded feminism.

Wake up people!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships