Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-26-2011, 06:03 PM

18,160 posts, read 15,628,539 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ihatespoiledbrattypeople View Post
and women love to be dick-whipped I guess, since they want the man to be dominant
(SIGH)
Here is where things wildly separate. As this post insinuates,when a man is the " dominant" personality in a relationship so ietal views have come to assume he must be abusive in some way, therefore when a relationship shows a dominant female entity this is viewed as ....progressive...in some manner and is either condoned as " cute" or as a blow for women everywhere in a feminist vein or scorned by chauvinistic male factions and labeled with su h.things as the topic of this thread.
Middle ground is getting.hard to find. This topic is a hard rock...and I can cut no sign on it. Personally, I have tried very hard to be considerate and a.gentleman with the women I ha e been involved with in my life. That's how I was raised. There has been friction. Most noticeable in my current relationship as my.mil is a domineering type who has tried to pass this to my SO. I don't want.total control of anything...but I wont be badgered and hen pecked neither. Thus, accords are reached. She don't nag, I don't beg. Life is good.
Lmao...I rather differed some heads would get packed with C4 on this thread.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-27-2011, 10:29 PM

1,196 posts, read 2,313,826 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NVplumber View Post
(SIGH)
Here is where things wildly separate. As this post insinuates,when a man is the " dominant" personality in a relationship so ietal views have come to assume he must be abusive in some way, therefore when a relationship shows a dominant female entity this is viewed as ....progressive...in some manner and is either condoned as " cute" or as a blow for women everywhere in a feminist vein or scorned by chauvinistic male factions and labeled with su h.things as the topic of this thread.
Middle ground is getting.hard to find. This topic is a hard rock...and I can cut no sign on it. Personally, I have tried very hard to be considerate and a.gentleman with the women I ha e been involved with in my life. That's how I was raised. There has been friction. Most noticeable in my current relationship as my.mil is a domineering type who has tried to pass this to my SO. I don't want.total control of anything...but I wont be badgered and hen pecked neither. Thus, accords are reached. She don't nag, I don't beg. Life is good.
Lmao...I rather differed some heads would get packed with C4 on this thread.
i believe they mean dominant without domineering, but that is still a lot of work
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships