Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-27-2011, 12:11 PM

13,933 posts, read 12,890,487 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amelorn View Post
As far as men go, I'm the salad. On top, I'm iceberg lettuce that's both cold and resistant to being picked up with the tongs. Combined with a heartily eccentric dressing, most people are put off. Most women go for the exotic (the sushi bar), the prime beef (carving board), or the tried, true, and tasty fried foods bar.

However, that exotic sushi doesn't last long (it IS raw fish). (Think of a vacation fling...you have to fly home sometime).

That greasy, simple crap can and often will leave a bad after taste in your mouth at best, or feeling guilty with yourself in the morning. (Did I really need to eat 8 pieces of fried chicken?)

And of course all the other women want a taste of that thick, long prime rib....it will likely be gone before you get to it.

However, if you're willing to work those tongs and see what there is in my salad, you'll find bits of warm, tender filet mignon. Having eaten me for dinner (and gotten your 30 essential vitamins and minerals). Better yet, you'll wake up feeling well-taken care of!
Salad might be be an interesting change, but in the end, it always leaves you feeling empty and unsatisfied.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-27-2011, 12:15 PM

17,869 posts, read 20,988,473 times
I might go to the China boofet today!

For the peanut butter cat, of course. Not the other...buffet conversation going on...yeah..

Old 08-27-2011, 02:55 PM

12,974 posts, read 33,945,093 times
Of all the buffet Ive tried, I still end up right back with health food. Doesnt matter where its from as long as its health food. Still, with that being said I JUST DO NOT LIKE FILIPINO FOOD.

Old 08-27-2011, 04:26 PM

30,907 posts, read 32,984,452 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CArizona View Post
I tend to view dating as walking down a long "buffet line" with lots of choices and options. Will I pick my "all time favorites" or try something "new?"...I don't have any illusions about who I am...I'm not usually everyone's "first pick." And this is okay. I'd rather wait for the "right person" and a "good match!" I'm looking for a "needle in a haystack" and this might require a very long wait!....People who fit the norm tend to get "picked" first. Don't you think?...When I walk down a "buffet line" I go for the "familiar" but I like to try new and exotic dishes too. I like to be surprised! I get bored with "same old, same old" all the time. But some people like to stick with "what they know best" to feel safe and secure. How do you feel about it? Thanks!
Just be sure to wear a sneeze guard.

Old 08-27-2011, 04:53 PM

1,431 posts, read 2,479,708 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhipperSnapper 88 View Post
Salad might be be an interesting change, but in the end, it always leaves you feeling empty and unsatisfied.
Not if there's some meat and nuts in it.

Old 08-28-2011, 12:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amelorn View Post
Not if there's some meat and nuts in it.
HAHA... tried to rep you but wouldnt let me

Old 08-28-2011, 12:14 AM

8,515 posts, read 16,178,585 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by D217 View Post
All I can think about is all the grimey people who touched the serving spoons before me...and where is my hand sanitizer??
The very reason why I stay out of Buffet lines.

Old 08-28-2011, 01:44 PM

3,770 posts, read 6,739,508 times
The buffet analogy doesn't exactly work, because those dishes (people) aren't just sitting there waiting for you to choose them and then choose a little bit of another, then come back and maybe choose a little bit more of the first. The dishes can get up an walk away from your buffet an any given time and you are stuck there with a bunch of mediocre dishes.

Old 08-28-2011, 02:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FelixTheCat View Post
The buffet analogy doesn't exactly work, because those dishes (people) aren't just sitting there waiting for you to choose them and then choose a little bit of another, then come back and maybe choose a little bit more of the first. The dishes can get up an walk away from your buffet an any given time and you are stuck there with a bunch of mediocre dishes.
Well, this depends. There are some places where you pay and the dishes are just standing there waiting for you to pick one.....

Old 08-28-2011, 02:32 PM

3,770 posts, read 6,739,508 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhipperSnapper 88 View Post
Well, this depends. There are some places where you pay and the dishes are just standing there waiting for you to pick one.....
like a prostitute?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships