Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-31-2011, 11:09 AM

2,994 posts, read 5,769,430 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
I don't miss a thing by being single.
I found marriage and LTRs to be more work than they were worth; not that I didn't love the people.
I need inordinate amounts of time alone.
I find i enjoy alot of time alone, but, still have the need for community with other Singles. Thats why a couple of large local Church Singles Ministries fit the bill for me --- its a great balance.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-31-2011, 11:34 AM

3,588 posts, read 5,726,959 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kupkake View Post
Single people what do you miss or feel you're missing out on? I miss not having a companion to talk to and spend quality time with having been single for quite a while.
What I miss:
the hugs, kisses and the playful teasing and horsing around.

What I'm missing out on:

being with a man who was chronically ambivalent and unsure about our relationship's future.

What's been gained in my single again status:
peace, contentment and a strong resolution to only love those who love me back.

Old 08-31-2011, 02:03 PM

2,994 posts, read 5,769,430 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by laorbust61 View Post
What I miss:
the hugs, kisses and the playful teasing and horsing around.

What I'm missing out on:

being with a man who was chronically ambivalent and unsure about our relationship's future.

What's been gained in my single again status:
peace, contentment and a strong resolution to only love those who love me back.
I think we can have 'a' love for all if not most people...but a deep emotionally intimate love which comes thru trusting disclosure is certainly reserved for those who are willing to love us back unconditionally. I still believe in the sanctity of marriage, but , I think most marrieds should have just remained good friends and not gotton married .. as evidenced by the high divorce rate. Getting married is a risky proposition today and few can honestly say they have a great workable marriage and would do it all over again.

Old 09-01-2011, 12:39 AM

31,006 posts, read 22,045,160 times
I miss the cats. My last girlfriend had tons of them...ok 5, but I think they invited friends over, because I swear it seemed like there were 20+

Old 09-01-2011, 08:27 AM

1 posts, read 722 times
Default Single

Hi my name is Kennedy and am single and have been since a year .

Old 09-01-2011, 09:35 AM

24,620 posts, read 28,273,993 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 007.5 View Post
I find i enjoy alot of time alone, but, still have the need for community with other Singles. Thats why a couple of large local Church Singles Ministries fit the bill for me --- its a great balance.
I wouldn't do anything with organized religion if my life depended on it.
I have all the company I want when I want it; it's my choice.

Old 09-01-2011, 10:00 AM

529 posts, read 1,300,711 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Babygirl101 View Post
Hi my name is Kennedy and am single and have been since a year .
What an odd place you found to say hi. That said...

Hi Kennedy!

Old 09-01-2011, 10:43 AM

2,488 posts, read 4,320,786 times
I miss having someone to talk to for hours and hours.

Old 09-01-2011, 11:37 AM

946 posts, read 2,917,991 times
I enjoy being single, but I guess the only thing I miss is having someone to share the beautiful sunsets/movies/romantic nights/walks. There are times when I think, "This would be so much more special if I had someone by my side to share it with." Also, the butterflies and feeling you get in your chest when you think of that person you really like. I haven't felt that in a while!

Old 09-01-2011, 07:14 PM

740 posts, read 1,973,197 times
I live a crazy, somewhat dangerous life which most women would have little interest in. I definitely miss being in a relationship, though. Things I miss:

1. Holding her in my arms
2. Someone to laugh with and share those special moments.
3. The scent of her hair
4. Spooning and just plain cuddling.
5. Knowing that I can rely on her through our most challenging moments.
6. Making love with someone I love, rather than just a one nighter.

I had a bad breakup with my last ex and we were together for 7 years. I remember the first week of waking up alone and just how hellish it was. Now for the most part, I am used to being single but not always liking it. I am absolutely following my heart at the moment and love what i am doing, so a relationship will have to wait.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships