Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-07-2011, 07:54 AM

27,957 posts, read 39,764,451 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by West of Encino View Post
If a man has too many female friends, he will begin to think like a woman and tend to bash the male gender.

If a man and woman are in an argument, these men are always ready to step in as Captain Save A Girl.

If a couple gets divorced, the men will blame their female friend's husband for the failed relationship. Which is why I don't believe in opposite sex friendships.
Bull****. Throughout high school and to this point in life, more of my friends are women. It doesn't diminish that I am very much a man. Understand the fairer sex doesn't turn you into one.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-07-2011, 09:08 AM

1,781 posts, read 2,680,859 times
Lightbulb Now This Makes Sense

Quote:
Originally Posted by SD4020 View Post
Bull****. Throughout high school and to this point in life, more of my friends are women. It doesn't diminish that I am very much a man. Understand the fairer sex doesn't turn you into one.
I thought this was City-Data Relationships---not Camp B****enwhine...

What is up with all this nonsense...somehwere in the past some woman tied someone's equipment in a knot, and he didn't like it, therefore, all women are evil daughters of Satan, and any man who has female friends, loses his manhood and becomes 'Captain Save A Girl'? WTF?

My wife and I have friends of each other's opposite sex---GOOD friends, and good people to boot...stop trying to cram people into neat little pigeonholes, just because some girl stole your Bunny Foo-Foo when you were a kid, and you never got over it...jeezle pete---enough already

Old 09-07-2011, 09:40 AM

563 posts, read 1,498,820 times
I think I am number 4 for my husband. His first marriage he had a child with her and she left him and he raised the kid himself. I'd have to say they did not get along and didn't love each other really. He was pretty young. He was 22 when his son was born, I think and the son was 2 when they got divorced.
The other two marriages, I'm pretty sure the women were just leeches. He's had quite a few women just leech off him. The relationship before me, they were engaged, but I think he was more or less trying to find a mother figure for his son more than he was looking for a partner. That and she has a history of getting engaged to men she only wants to use. She barely held a job in the years they were together. His son was 17 or 18 when we got together, and I'd have to say I'm probably one of the few women that he's ever been with that isn't looking for anything from him.
We have a child together and I'm 200% sure that he isn't going anywhere, and neither am I.

Old 09-08-2011, 08:05 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,845,629 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by captaincatfish View Post
I thought this was City-Data Relationships---not Camp B****enwhine...

What is up with all this nonsense...somehwere in the past some woman tied someone's equipment in a knot, and he didn't like it, therefore, all women are evil daughters of Satan, and any man who has female friends, loses his manhood and becomes 'Captain Save A Girl'? WTF?

My wife and I have friends of each other's opposite sex---GOOD friends, and good people to boot...stop trying to cram people into neat little pigeonholes, just because some girl stole your Bunny Foo-Foo when you were a kid, and you never got over it...jeezle pete---enough already
Um you responded to the wrong person. He agrees with you. lol

Old 09-08-2011, 08:13 PM

1,781 posts, read 2,680,859 times
Lightbulb Hiya Raena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raena77 View Post
Um you responded to the wrong person. He agrees with you. lol
LOL...I was actually co-signing his(SD4020's)post, where he had told someone else (the OP, I believe) that it was BS that having female friends means a guy should have his 'man-card' pulled...he quoted and responded to that post, and I was backing him up

Old 09-08-2011, 08:17 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,143,589 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SallyLynn812 View Post
I think I am number 4 for my husband. His first marriage he had a child with her and she left him and he raised the kid himself. I'd have to say they did not get along and didn't love each other really. He was pretty young. He was 22 when his son was born, I think and the son was 2 when they got divorced.
The other two marriages, I'm pretty sure the women were just leeches. He's had quite a few women just leech off him. The relationship before me, they were engaged, but I think he was more or less trying to find a mother figure for his son more than he was looking for a partner. That and she has a history of getting engaged to men she only wants to use. She barely held a job in the years they were together. His son was 17 or 18 when we got together, and I'd have to say I'm probably one of the few women that he's ever been with that isn't looking for anything from him.

We have a child together and I'm 200% sure that he isn't going anywhere, and neither am I.
All of the above-mentioned probably thought so, too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships