Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-27-2011, 10:32 PM

48,518 posts, read 34,821,209 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
Don't worry, honey! That's exactly where their souls are! You ain't doin' nothin' wrong!
There is so much TRUTH in your cynicism!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-27-2011, 10:55 PM

3,485 posts, read 7,309,059 times
I could also extend your question to "Would you date a person that failed in previous relationships?" Cuz I would wonder why the heck their last relationship failed and that there must be something terribly wrong with them. It doesn't take a divorce to be a failure, ya know. Maybe I should just assume that because you failed your last relationship that you are un-date-able forever, and I won't even bother to find out about your individual situation. I will just assume you must have the cooties. See what I mean?

Old 08-27-2011, 10:59 PM

48,518 posts, read 34,821,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by miyu View Post
I could also extend your question to "Would you date a person that failed in previous relationships?" Cuz I would wonder why the heck their last relationship failed and that there must be something terribly wrong with them. It doesn't take a divorce to be a failure, ya know. Maybe I should just assume that because you failed your last relationship that you are un-date-able forever, and I won't even bother to find out about your individual situation. I will just assume you must have the cooties. See what I mean?
Cooties! A serious downfall in MANY a relationship.

Old 08-27-2011, 11:43 PM

20,292 posts, read 37,167,593 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by West of Encino View Post
Me, I not sure, but most likely no. If a man marries someone who's divorced, likelihood is she'll divorce him too for no apparent reason.
Me? My present wife married me after I divorced over 31 years ago (her first marriage for her, and second for me). She raised my two young daughters, and our two sons. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't

Old 08-28-2011, 12:03 AM

1,011 posts, read 1,257,171 times
Yes. I dated with one, he had 2 kids. Very good father for both of them .

Old 08-28-2011, 12:31 AM

27,957 posts, read 39,764,451 times
Quote:
Me, I not sure, but most likely no. If a man marries someone who's divorced, likelihood is she'll divorce him too for no apparent reason.
How praytell do you arrive at that conclusion?
Logical fallacy must follow you around.

Old 08-28-2011, 10:08 AM

1,549 posts, read 4,256,348 times
Quote:
99% of the divorced men never initiate the divorce. They'll do anything to make the relationship work, but their lover always want out for no reason.

That's the way I see things.
They'll do anything to make the marriage work..I agree..just like my exhusband ran off with some young girl and got her pregnant..that sure made our marriage work... and to think, he was the one who initiated the divorce....

Quote:
Mostly for alimony, or her friends encouraged her to divorce just because.
Please..I had to pay HIM and look what his !$@%!@ did to me..lol!!!

I would marry a divorced person..you would have to ask why the person is divorced i.e. what went wrong in the relationship, etc..I know I was not the right person for my exhusband and he was not right for me. In my opinion, a divorced person is no different that someone who has had a long term (or short term) relationship and it just didn't work out. Not all divorced people are bad!!!

Old 08-28-2011, 10:15 AM

1,833 posts, read 2,509,028 times
Once divorced I can deal with. Anything more than that, no. We can all end up in a bad marriage, but if it's happened multiple times, there has to be a common denominator.

Old 08-28-2011, 01:15 PM

346 posts, read 507,398 times
I married a divorced father of two school aged children 15 years ago. I am still happily married, I made sure we would be a good match, felt we were compatible on many levels and had similar goals, values, and work ethics.

I saw that he was a loving and caring- hands on father and I knew I would cherish and value those traits when it came to making more babies, which we did.

Now I would advise someone considering marriage to a divorced person to examine why that person was divorced, and if they were divorced more than once I would steer clear! My husbands ex remarried a man who had been divorced twice already, and even though they are still together, he has cheated on her several times that I know of. Who wants to deal with that?

Old 08-28-2011, 01:44 PM

4 posts, read 5,257 times
As a divorced person I will tell you this. I know exactly what I want and don't, and I will have no problems letting you know. I will not hide my bad habits.

Maybe I will scare some away, or a lot, but when I find "the one," I am fairly sure that is going to be "the one."

My ex-wife is a good person, but if I knew what I really wanted, I would have never married her.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships