Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-28-2011, 11:38 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,170,643 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Violett View Post
I really like him, and we've been good friends for 6 years. But after we recently started hooking up, things have gotten weird between us and I don't know how he feels. He acts like he likes me sometimes, but then he pulls way back.

Anyway, thanks for you responses
Six years? That kind of makes me change my mind... You never know what bunny may jump out of that bush...

There is a good possibility of losing a friend, too, though.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-28-2011, 11:40 PM

2,385 posts, read 4,334,058 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kupkake View Post
See that's the thing with "fwb" there are often weird moments and being that you're not offically dating it's odd to present certain issues because you have no basis for that. Let him be..ultimately you'll find out what he means. I hate situations like these (fwb) because they cause too much problems and when I have questions I need answers because I can't take the stress! Been there..done that and all I got was f*cked!ha..it was good though but still???
See, I used to date his friend (who's also a part of our group), but his friend and I have been broken up for 6 months now. I think the guy is having some guilt over the whole thing, but I have no idea why since the other guy and I have been broken up for a while!

Old 08-28-2011, 11:40 PM

200 posts, read 328,418 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
Six years? That kind of makes me change my mind... You never know what bunny may jump out of that bush...

lol bunny!

Old 08-28-2011, 11:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post

Yeah, losing a friend and feeling awkward around all our friends for a while is what I'm afraid of.

Old 08-28-2011, 11:43 PM

7,454 posts, read 13,427,075 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
If you only want a guy on a stick go ahead....
A stick on a guy is a better way of saying it

Old 08-28-2011, 11:44 PM

5,730 posts, read 10,127,514 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
I won't make any effort to actually make it happen.

Or I'll make an effort when I want some and no other options are available.

Sorry.

BTW, if a guy EVER said that to me... he would NEVER "see" me...

I'm a GUY....

Sometimes (OFTEN) we don't 'think that deep'

I've said it and ment the EXACT SAME thing as:

"I'll see you later"

"Goodby"

"Take care"

"Be good or be good at it"

...I'd not think too deep.

Women overanalise, guys are simple.

Old 08-28-2011, 11:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Themanwithnoname View Post
I'm a GUY....

"I'll see you later"

"Goodby"

"Take care"

yeah, I was wondering about this too! lol. If I was reading too much into it.

Just given that we don't talk much when we're around others now, and what we say to each other is limited to an exchange of important information (no idle chit chat), I tended to think that him saying this *meant* something, but maybe it didn't.

Old 08-28-2011, 11:46 PM

200 posts, read 328,418 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Violett View Post
See, I used to date his friend (who's also a part of our group), but his friend and I have been broken up for 6 months now. I think the guy is having some guilt over the whole thing, but I have no idea why since the other guy and I have been broken up for a while!
Damn so you maybe you'll end up losing two friends in total..well good luck but I wouldn't date two guys in the same circle even if I broke up with the first one. I wouldn't because it would be so awkward and I would wonder if the first guy joined up with the second one to set me up for heartache.

Ultimately we won't know what he meant be it something good or bad only he knows.

Old 08-28-2011, 11:47 PM

48,532 posts, read 34,851,331 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Themanwithnoname View Post
I'm a GUY....

"I'll see you later"

"Goodby"

"Take care"

You sleep with a chick, and say "I'll see ya when I see ya"....

not much analysis needed.

Old 08-28-2011, 11:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kupkake View Post
Damn so you maybe you'll end up losing two friends in total..well good luck but I wouldn't date two guys in the same circle even if I broke up with the first one. i wouldn't because it would be so awkward and I would wonder if the first guy joined up with the second one to set me up for heartache.
I'm not worried about a setup...and it just sorta happened. I don't tend to date people in my circle bc I'm usually not interested in them!

But when you all of a sudden like someone after 6 years, it tends to hit you pretty hard.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships