Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-02-2011, 09:49 AM

1,133 posts, read 2,283,333 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by WakaFlocka View Post
Me personally, looks alone doesn't do it. As a good looking guy, I don't value looks as much as an average looking guy, because I have it myself. What does she have to offer? Does she have a good job? Is she hard working? Is she a good person? Will she give me plenty of sex? Those are the things I look for. Hot women don't impress me.
So you're not a Joe Schmoe. Your experiences don't reflect what the average guy will go through. Maybe your looks compensate for your lack of this or that, but the average Joe doesn't have looks to fall back on. He has to work on other aspects to become a desirable man.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-02-2011, 09:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BajanYankee View Post
I'm with you. She should swing for the fences! But she shouldn't be mad when she strikes out and gets forced into early retirement.
Yep some girls go for those model-10's, get used up and end up with baggage.

But there's an equal number of girls who are high-quality, attractive and respectable and don't go for them.

Like I said the first time, if guys want to overlook this, that's fine - there will be more quality girls for the guys who actually put in the effort.

Old 09-02-2011, 09:54 AM

1,833 posts, read 2,509,364 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BKSnook View Post
So you're not a Joe Schmoe. Your experiences don't reflect what the average guy will go through. Maybe your looks compensate for your lack of this or that, but the average Joe doesn't have looks to fall back on. He has to work on other aspects to become a desirable man.

Not disagreeing, but the implication that Joe Schmoes should better themselves while Plain Janes are told that the right guy will come and not holding her accountable for anything, is BS and sexist.

Old 09-02-2011, 10:04 AM

32,101 posts, read 34,714,145 times
Quote:
Yep some girls go for those model-10's, get used up and end up with baggage.

But there's an equal number of girls who are high-quality, attractive and respectable and don't go for them.

Like I said the first time, if guys want to overlook this, that's fine - there will be more quality girls for the guys who actually put in the effort.
You're missing the point.

Nobody's saying that girls are chasing after the male equivalent of the "dime piece." What people are saying is that men will deal with a number of women that are below their own level of attractiveness. Women, on the other hand, will only deal with men at, and preferably above, their own level of attractiveness. In some cases, this may result in the "6" chasing the male "10," but it's more commonly the male "8" who has a harem of "6s" who'd rather take a shot at him than settle with men of equal attractiveness. Alpha males deserve some blame in this, but the true culprit is Mother Nature, as we're all just doing what we're biologically wired to do.

Besides, being a male "10" has nothing to do with having "model" looks. An ugly, 5'8 extrovert with a quick wit, a deep rolodex and a "I make and break the rules" attitude will be more attractive to women than a 6'2 Ashton Kutcher lookalike who's shy and plays by the rules. Women dig power and looks rarely translate into the type of power women yearn for.

Old 09-02-2011, 10:05 AM

Quote:
Not disagreeing, but the implication that Joe Schmoes should better themselves while Plain Janes are told that the right guy will come and not holding her accountable for anything, is BS and sexist.
It is but that's just the way the cookie crumbles.

On the bright side some men may look at this as an advantage since they are able to improve themselves in ways that will make them more attractive to women and have some control over it.

Old 09-02-2011, 10:09 AM

Quote:
You're missing the point.

Nobody's saying that girls are chasing after the male equivalent of the "dime piece." What people are saying is that men will deal with a number of women that are below their own level of attractiveness. Women, on the other hand, will only deal with men at, and preferably above, their own level of attractiveness. In some cases, this may result in the "6" chasing the male "10," but it's more commonly the male "8" who has a harem of "6s" who'd rather take a shot at him than settle with men of equal attractiveness. Alpha males deserve some blame in this, but the true culprit is Mother Nature, as we're all just doing what we're biologically wired to do.
You can complain about it, but that's just the way the social hierarchy is. Women tend to date at their level or higher. No point in dwelling on something you can't change.

Old 09-02-2011, 10:11 AM

Quote:
Alpha males deserve some blame in this, but the true culprit is Mother Nature, as we're all just doing what we're biologically wired to do.

They don't deserve blame. The women they're with do. They know they're part of a harem and they're allowing the guy to put their health at risk by sleeping with other women. If women keep going to them, is the guy really to blame? This gets right back to my point of not holding women accountable for their actions.

Old 09-02-2011, 10:11 AM

42,831 posts, read 88,156,261 times
Quote:
As a good looking guy, I don't value looks as much as an average looking guy, because I have it myself.
That's quite an unusual concept... As a matter of fact, I've never heard of anybody not caring about looks because they have them.

Old 09-02-2011, 10:14 AM

Quote:
You can complain about it, but that's just the way the social hierarchy is. Women tend to date at their level or higher. No point in dwelling on something you can't change.

And many end up jaded and bitter because Mr. Alpha won't settle down or he cheats.

Quote:
That's quite an unusual concept... As a matter of fact, I've never heard of anybody not caring about looks because they have them.

You'd be surprised. Many good looking guys aren't impressed by hot women. Hot women are a dime a dozen. My dad married someone below him in looks. What does a hot woman have besides looks that an average-slightly above average woman can't provide?

Old 09-02-2011, 10:39 AM

339 posts, read 836,941 times
Quote:
And many end up jaded and bitter because Mr. Alpha won't settle down or he cheats.

You'd be surprised. Many good looking guys aren't impressed by hot women. Hot women are a dime a dozen. My dad married someone below him in looks. What does a hot woman have besides looks that an average-slightly above average woman can't provide?
Most "hot" women are average to below avg looking without makeup.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships