Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-02-2011, 10:41 AM

1,833 posts, read 2,508,598 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilgamesh8 View Post
Most "hot" women are average to below avg looking without makeup.

They're not below average looking because a below average looking woman can't look that hot, even with makeup. It's the same thing with Michael Phelps. All the makeup in the world in his shoots and he still looks like Frankenstein in a speedo.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-02-2011, 10:48 AM

339 posts, read 836,638 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WakaFlocka View Post
They're not below average looking because a below average looking woman can't look that hot, even with makeup. It's the same thing with Michael Phelps. All the makeup in the world in his shoots and he still looks like Frankenstein in a speedo.
You'd be surprised what makeup can cover up! LOL. I see what you're saying though.

Old 09-02-2011, 10:59 AM

24,561 posts, read 40,263,571 times
I'm a Plain Jane and we definitely have it rough.

Old 09-02-2011, 11:00 AM

1,833 posts, read 2,508,598 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDGeek View Post

Not as rough as you'd like to believe.

Old 09-02-2011, 11:10 AM

2,392 posts, read 5,721,886 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDGeek View Post
At the end of the day you'll ultimately do the picking. How soon you get there depends on your expectations: strive for the high value male or pick the average Joe the plumber guy. Average Joe the Plumber guy no matter how much he tries to better himself is still dependent upon you selecting him. Therefore, he's still at the mercy of someone picking him. If the high value guy doesn't pick you you can always decide that you want to finally give JP a chance.

Old 09-02-2011, 11:32 AM

4,837 posts, read 8,852,402 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BajanYankee View Post
See...I don't think that's the chief complaint. I think what guys complain about mostly is that you have a very few guys hogging damn near all of the chicks in their prime years. Modern-day dating for men is the equivalent of unbridled capitalism, where there are a few "Fat Cats" and an impoverished proletariat. Feast or famine is the game. What Joe Schmoes are upset about is that the Plain Janes are not even an option for them. And that's because they're all a part of Mr. Varsity's harem (knowingly or unknowingly). Granted, most women do not want to share a man, but they'd much rather share a high status man with several other women than have a low status man all to themselves.
You are quite accurate and have a way with words. I saw this all to many times when I was younger. What was really amusing was in a workplace where "Mr. Varsity" was married. The women all perceived it to be a shaky marriage, of course!

Old 09-02-2011, 11:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaoistDude View Post
This is one of the reasons why society has usually attempted to impose monogamy - so that everyone has a chance at a relationship, thereby reducing civil unrest. Rather than a few happy alpha males and a mass of unhappy beta males, everyone has a chance at being unhappy! It's not a bad system, but it was imposed too rigidly in the past, which many people seem to pine for or agitate for from a narrow religious agenda. I think we're in a transition to a more flexible society with women gaining greater equality and influencing the whole dynamic. Men are going to have to adapt too.
Yes. Adapt to a society that again has de facto harems and concubines and has gross inequality. Looking back at what was initially promised, it's amusing how much the modern feminist movement (post 1965 not 1838 as someone recently told me!) has contributed to this retro shift. Of course, there were other forces at work, too.

Old 09-02-2011, 11:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BajanYankee View Post
Obviously, not every man can be high status. If every man were high status, the whole entire concept of "status" would cease to exist, wouldn't it? Women judge men based on where they fit in the male status hierarchy, and no amount of social conditioning, wishful thinking, or City-Data posts will ever change that.

As one poster already said, monogamy was a clever invention that ensured that nearly everyone had a mate. Joe Schmoe got with Plain Jane. Beyonce got with ***** Man. A 7 got with another 7. That seems fair, right? Everybody "deserves" a mate right at their level of overall attractiveness. That's hard to argue against.

Somewhere down the line, someone thought it was a good idea to open up the Pandora's Box of human sexuality. Now we have a free for all where a guy who's an 8 on the attractiveness spectrum has an "8", three "7s, four "6s" and five "5s." You have a small group of men who hog most of the women during their most desirable years. And once they're done with them, not even the Joe Schmoes want them. You get a whole bunch of Joe Schmoes who don't want women who have been "used up" and a whole lot of scorned Plain Janes who are trying to figure out why the sexy guys they dated in college no longer look at them with lust in their eyes.

So if you're an alpha male, life is great. You'll be able to juggle multiple women you have no intentions of commiting to and they'll love you for it.

If you're an alpha female (meaning a beautiful woman, not a Type-A woman), you have more short-term competition from beta females who throw themselves at the small pool of alpha males.

If you're a beta male, you sit on the sidelines and watch everyone else have fun.

If you're a beta female, you have a pretty good dating life until you start getting serious about the long term, and find that the guys you like are reserving their commitment for the alpha females.
Another excellent post. Why women and manginas cannot see the logic of this is beyond my comprehension!

Old 09-02-2011, 12:41 PM

32,084 posts, read 34,672,030 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NotARedneck View Post
Looking back at what was initially promised, it's amusing how much the modern feminist movement (post 1965 not 1838 as someone recently told me!) has contributed to this retro shift.
Isn't that the juiciest irony in all of human history? Feminism has lead its followers directly into middle-Eastern style de facto harems. You can't make this stuff up!

Old 09-02-2011, 12:54 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,130,581 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NotARedneck View Post
Why women and manginas cannot see the logic of this is beyond my comprehension!
Cheap attempts to insult successful men do not make anybody any less of a loser.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships