Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-06-2011, 04:32 PM

1,351 posts, read 2,901,118 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BKSnook View Post
Social proof isn't a girl wanting a guy because he's slept with or is currently sleeping with many women.

Social proof is when a guy is surrounded by many attractive women and therefore is assumed he has attractive qualities and has immense knowledge and experience in the situation (being with girls).
right. and it would be completely illogical to conclude that said guy has actually slept with many women. i mean why should he, right? he probably just enjoys the attention, then goes home every saturday night and sleeps alone. week after week, month after month...

listen to yourself...

if a guy is constantly surrounded by attractive women (and im not talking abt gay guys or the kind that women only see as friends), its safe to say he's a player. therefore, any woman that wants such a guy must automatically be wanting a guy that has, in fact, slept with many women. that might not in fact be the specific criteria she's looking for (number of sexual partners), but if she gets an alpha male, she's getting someone that's been around the block. the two go hand in hand, most of the time.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-06-2011, 04:46 PM

1,351 posts, read 2,901,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BajanYankee View Post
What's that have to do with pretty girls not wanting to risk looking like sl*ts so they won't forfeit the possibility of long-term commitment from alpha males?

I mean, a pretty girl sleeping around would be like JFK, Jr. becoming a drug kingpin. Why would he waste all of that potential to get something he had easy access to anyway? Pretty girls know they are the alpha male's first choice, and thus, they don't have to throw sex at them to get their attention. And if they do throw it at them, they know full well that those same guys (that they could have without throwing it at them) will downgrade them as girlfriend material.
this has been my observation as well. when i last lived with girl roomies, the hottest of them had a steady BF for over 7 months; one of the others (she was about average) went through 7 different guys in that same time period, while the one that was left was basically too unattractive to even get asked out.

Old 09-06-2011, 05:12 PM

19,046 posts, read 25,190,600 times
I'm curious as to why you guys care who is sleeping with who. Is it just a matter of gossip or is there some kind of invested interest here?

Old 09-06-2011, 08:22 PM

1,833 posts, read 2,509,364 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Braunwyn View Post
I'm curious as to why you guys care who is sleeping with who. Is it just a matter of gossip or is there some kind of invested interest here?

A girl that's having casual sex is not worth having as a GF. It's done to weed out the undesirables.

Old 09-06-2011, 08:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WakaFlocka View Post
A girl that's having casual sex is not worth having as a GF. It's done to weed out the undesirables.
That's fair, although I don't think the analysis in this thread is going to provide much guidance. In that plain Jane's are sluts because they're plain. Hot women aren't sluts because they're hot. It pretty much leaves out the vast majority of women available to the vast majority of guys.

Old 09-06-2011, 08:40 PM

1,833 posts, read 2,509,364 times
Quote:
That's fair, although I don't think the analysis in this thread is going to provide much guidance. In that plain Jane's are sluts because they're plain. Hot women aren't sluts because they're hot. It pretty much leaves out the vast majority of women available to the vast majority of guys.

That's Bajan's analysis. I don't necessarily agree with it.

Old 09-06-2011, 08:43 PM

2,392 posts, read 5,724,143 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElysianEagle View Post
right. and it would be completely illogical to conclude that said guy has actually slept with many women. i mean why should he, right? he probably just enjoys the attention, then goes home every saturday night and sleeps alone. week after week, month after month...

listen to yourself...

if a guy is constantly surrounded by attractive women (and im not talking abt gay guys or the kind that women only see as friends), its safe to say he's a player. therefore, any woman that wants such a guy must automatically be wanting a guy that has, in fact, slept with many women. that might not in fact be the specific criteria she's looking for (number of sexual partners), but if she gets an alpha male, she's getting someone that's been around the block. the two go hand in hand, most of the time.
Whaa! So just bc I know and talk to alot of attractive women at my gym and other women see me talking to them, they should automatically assume that I'm a player and that I've slept with those women? listen to yourself..... You can't just be a friendly guy? Now I'll freely admit that there are women who think the way you do. My female friend has a best girlfriend; we all hangout together and sometimes when we go out said best girlfriend will notice how women act around me. So one night after we went out the best girlfriend decides to imply that I've must have slept with copious amounts of women in the last several months. That's a weird way of thinking.

Old 09-06-2011, 08:45 PM

Quote:
True. I haven't been keeping up with the thread the last several pages. I'm curious if there are folk here who take these threads, the content, or whatever ideas off line with them. For me the forum is kind of like TV. Once it's off I don't really think about it. When I try to it doesn't seem real. eta: unless something is really funny!

Old 09-06-2011, 11:56 PM

4,837 posts, read 8,855,157 times
Quote:
Quote:

In reality, it is the vast majority women still trying go snag the desirable men who have not yet paired off with the hot ones and quickly married. The competition gets ever more fierce and vicious since these guys who married and have withdrawn,have a far bigger influence on the size of their pool compared to the far larger pool of women available.

Most of the men available - the "vast majority of guys" are largely out of this breeding frenzy and only have much to look forward to when women finally give up on these long odds. Few are taken in by this anymore.

Old 09-07-2011, 12:14 AM

8,679 posts, read 15,267,934 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BajanYankee View Post
Huh?

Guys know who's sleeping with who. We like to talk about that type of stuff. Just because you pinky swear with a guy before Jesus, Buddha and Vishnu the Destroyer to never, ever ever tell anybody about what happened on a certain night does not mean he won't go and tell all of his boys about it. That's like asking a woman to keep an engagement a secret.

Based on the information network that exists among the bruhs, which is better than Google if you ask me, we can determine with a fair degree of certainty how many dudes a girl has been with. Of course, it's much easier to do if you're in the black or South Asian community, but word also gets around pretty quickly on white girls, too. With the advent of Facebook, the world's so much smaller today. And because there are only so many pretty girls, and they naturally get more attention, any word of their promiscuity is going to spread faster and wider than it would for an average girl.

"Hey, man, I saw that hot chick Tiffany is mutual friends with Charles. What's the deal?"

"Oh yeah, man, she's bad! But I know she was Charles' line brother's jump off a few months ago."

"Damn!"
Fortunately, most people grow out of that kind of gossip and stupidity by the time they're in their mid- to late 20s.

Or should. It's locker room talk, and any man--or woman--who engages in it in their 30s would look like an idiot, in their 40s socially inept, and in their 50s pathetic.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships