Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-05-2012, 11:57 PM

5,472 posts, read 7,604,039 times

Advertisements

From my personal experiences, Ive noticed that if a girl is coming on to you and you simply choose to ignore her, she intensifies her actions and wants you that much more. Ive done this a couple of times, but had pretty solid reasons for doing so.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-06-2012, 01:12 AM

601 posts, read 758,750 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChessieMom View Post
I've never seen ANY man that was so appealing that he had women staring and "following him around" the gym. Me thinks you are having trouble keeping your fantasies separate from reality.
Not sure why thats so strange..its quite common that women do that in the gym..

Old 12-06-2012, 05:33 AM

16,200 posts, read 23,043,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Herc130 View Post
Do you females get angry at a guy when you try to make contact with him via "getting the guy to do it first", by showing obvious, but deniable interest and the guy flat out ignores it?
I had a woman pushing to be with me, sadly Im trying to focus on my self, she was a bit upset. She wanted to spend time with me but I could not offer the same. We still talk and I recently had a good makeouy session with her but really im not in the mood for a full time relationship until I make a slight improvement up the economic ladder as well as my family needs me, she has to understand that. She showed me ques that she wanted me to be gain some interest and when we met her and did ignore signs.

Old 12-06-2012, 12:45 PM

232 posts, read 632,799 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alicant310 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChessieMom
I've never seen ANY man that was so appealing that he had women staring and "following him around" the gym. Me thinks you are having trouble keeping your fantasies separate from reality.

Well, since she has never seen it, obviously it must be me having a fantasy because I can't possibly know wtf I am seeing right in front of my eyes. No, what she has never experienced takes precedence over what I am experiencing because she is an expert on everything and knows all there is to know, so everyone else that has different experience from her is wrong.

"ChessieMom", every girl I have ever gone out with or dated or asked out....in some way showed interest in me and eventually, I approach them. Yes, some of them follow me around or are always where I am going to be for some strange reason. Sometimes I act on it...which proves to me, it's not just in my head since the girls are always very receptive and generally seem excited and happy when I talk with them, get their numbers and/or ask them out on the spot. Sometimes, I ignore their shows of interest....and that's it, nothing further comes of it....which is great. Sometimes I ignore their show of interest and they keep going. Not only that, but their girlfriends get in on it trying to push me towards her and still I refuse to do anything and eventually it just gets ugly and awkward. I can't just say, "I am not interested", because they never actually ask anything and ignoring them doesn't seem to work.

Old 12-06-2012, 01:07 PM

9,301 posts, read 8,346,533 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChessieMom View Post
I've seen it, though

One of my best friends. I used to be so jealous... LOL!!!

Old 12-06-2012, 01:14 PM

102,217 posts, read 107,859,557 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alicant310 View Post
I've never seen women following a guy around in any gym I've been to. It sounds a little creepy, actually.

Old 12-06-2012, 03:05 PM

691 posts, read 1,427,040 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Herc130 View Post
Well, since she has never seen it, obviously it must be me having a fantasy because I can't possibly know wtf I am seeing right in front of my eyes. No, what she has never experienced takes precedence over what I am experiencing because she is an expert on everything and knows all there is to know, so everyone else that has different experience from her is wrong.
No, it was just her way of putting you down. Her, and several other women on here always call BS on a post where the woman is acting creepy towards a guy...because in CD land women are never creepy. Only men are.

Quote:
Sometimes I ignore their show of interest and they keep going. Not only that, but their girlfriends get in on it trying to push me towards her and still I refuse to do anything and eventually it just gets ugly and awkward. I can't just say, "I am not interested", because they never actually ask anything and ignoring them doesn't seem to work.
Tell them to get away from you if you don't want to talk to them. What's the worst thats going to happen? You're going to hurt their feelings? Big deal, they obviously don't care about yours if they can't get the hint that you don't want to be bothered. Its not that hard.

Old 12-06-2012, 03:20 PM

5,258 posts, read 9,142,025 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdrop93 View Post
Mad? No. I remember being upset and disappointed - but never mad. Why would I get mad?
Same here. This has happened to me numerous times before and, while being hurt or disappointed, I was never mad.

Old 12-07-2012, 05:01 AM

16,391 posts, read 30,928,953 times
I aint even mad bro

Old 12-07-2012, 07:28 AM

2,618 posts, read 6,162,802 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyGem View Post
If the guy isn't interested he should say so.

Ignoring it won't make her stop if you're not interested.

To say that you're going to "flat out" ignore someone's advances means you know what they're doing and choosing to ignore it.

Why allow someone to make a fool out of themself by throwing themself at you when you aren't interested?

Do you think that's funny? Would it make you feel good to know it makes a female mad?

Misogynist much?

How about when you like a female (or a male) and they ignore you, how do you feel about that? Make you mad?
I hope this isn't serious.

Women NEVER flat out reject guys, especially in online dating. 99% of the thought out emails I've sent to women were never returned. Not good enough example?

How about women I've gone on 4-7 dates with and then NEVER HEARD FROM AGAIN. I always thank women when they do actually tell me there aren't interested as my way of changing the world, but it's very very rare. I've shown interest in women who flat out just say nothing, not even a rejection, just ignored.

I welcome the rejection, at least you know where you stand. I don't think any woman has a right to complain about this from their end in any way whatsoever.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships