Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-03-2011, 09:37 AM

986 posts, read 1,662,459 times

Advertisements

You know we've talked about this offline, but yes, I would (and have).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-03-2011, 09:39 AM

8,515 posts, read 16,156,595 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southkakkatlantan View Post
Would you MOVE for a better dating scene if you felt like the city another city would provide much better dating opportunities than the one you currently live in?
Not at all........unless the city was VERY small.

But since I have always lived in bigger cities, at least 1 million people, I would not move.

Why have you considered this?

What city are you in now?

Old 09-03-2011, 09:40 AM

1,833 posts, read 2,505,876 times
In my case, the only place I'd move to is where I grew up...south Florida. Never a shortage of women down there.

Old 09-03-2011, 05:40 PM

26,400 posts, read 46,389,722 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoNative34 View Post
Moving from one large city to another? No.

From a remote/rural/small town environment? Yes.

In the end, it largely depends on the individual to be sucessful than the "scene". I say that because we've gotten so inundated with "Top Ten" lists for pretty much anything and that's led to unrealistic expectations and disappointment.
When did you move to Austin? Does it actually feel like living on the surface of the sun there

Old 09-04-2011, 08:02 AM

5,353 posts, read 5,779,936 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southkakkatlantan View Post
Would you MOVE for a better dating scene if you felt like the city another city would provide much better dating opportunities than the one you currently live in?
YES!!!!! I hate Atlanta, and there's no jobs in my industry anyway. I'm trying to move and the single scene will be a big consideration after the job.

Old 09-04-2011, 08:15 AM

20 posts, read 32,269 times
I live in a tiny town in north Ga. In two years I have only had a hand full of dates and most lived 90 mins to 2 hrs away.

I am considering moving back to AZ but that can't be the only reason. I have family in AZ as well. I do know that i'd like to start dating more and this likely is not the place where I have a good chance of that happening.

Old 09-04-2011, 09:26 AM

5,353 posts, read 5,779,936 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DesertRose61 View Post
I live in a tiny town in north Ga. In two years I have only had a hand full of dates and most lived 90 mins to 2 hrs away.

I am considering moving back to AZ but that can't be the only reason. I have family in AZ as well. I do know that i'd like to start dating more and this likely is not the place where I have a good chance of that happening.
I'm looking at Milwalkee, WI of all places. There's a job opportunity there. Its about 90 miles from my brother and his family live in Chicago. So I may move and freeze my a*s off. Still, can't be a worse dating scene than Atlanta.

Old 09-04-2011, 03:07 PM

10,307 posts, read 13,840,434 times
I would never move based on a better dating scene. Every single person in a town with a lousy dating scene is always tempted to do this, but only move if you will get a pay raise in an area that will keep up with the cost of living, or where a pay cut will not put you in the poorhouse. Just because a place has a better dating scene does not mean you should be poor to live there. Also, I am going to assume that a better dating scene just means more of the opposite sex available. Be aware this could be quantity over quality. Not having a good dating scene allows you the opportunity to find happiness in other ways.

Old 09-05-2011, 08:05 PM

7,826 posts, read 11,752,083 times
I have always thought about this. I've wanted to move out of the United States, possibly to Latin America or Europe as women there seem to LOVE me, I get a good amount of attention there but it's usually the case that I cannot pursue a relationship due to the distance...however I have not had much luck here in LA attracting women who have anything of value to offer.

So why don't I move? well, easier said than done. I would not earn half as much as I do in Europe as I do here in the US...not to mention the taxes are insane in Europe and things are about twice as expensive without even figuring in the 20% VAT. It's insanity. There is also the language problem...but I guess I would learn that slowly. The money is a big incentive to stay.

So yes, I would drastically improve my love life if I move to Europe or Latin America but the good money keeps me here in the US...even if it means that I have to compromise in my personal life. Who knows? if things keep going the way they are the money may disappear and I may make that move

Old 09-05-2011, 08:11 PM

18,837 posts, read 37,281,021 times
It really depends on your age, and career. Maybe a rural area would benefit your career, many of my friends in high positions now, had to "pay" their dues in Podunk, USA for a few years...but it was worth it to them...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships