Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-25-2011, 03:47 PM

12,940 posts, read 21,622,832 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
I'm wondering what the female version of creep is. We all now a guy who is a creep. But what do call a woman who is a "creep"

"Wife" ?

*runs, ducks and hides*

Old 09-25-2011, 03:48 PM

52,263 posts, read 52,686,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SifuPhil View Post
"Wife" ?

*runs, ducks and hides*
LOL, I did sorta spoon feed that setup line.....

Old 09-25-2011, 03:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
LOL, I did sorta spoon feed that setup line.....
Thank you - I needed an easy feed after today.

Actually wasn't too bad a day - beat up my student for 2 hours, made a couple hundred recycling metal, played with my ladyfriend and had a good dinner. It's just online I had the real downers.

Old 09-25-2011, 03:59 PM

19,046 posts, read 25,192,725 times
Quote:
The old rule-of-thumb used to be an inch of fish for every gallon of tank for freshwaters - don't know if that's changed or not.

Tetras and angels always used to get along for me, as well as clown loaches and barbs. Discus I didn't have much luck with in a community tank though.

Enjoy!

PS: Sea monkeys - the preferred brunch of community tanks everywhere!
Yea, I know the one inch rule. My angel is a small/med sized fully grown. At this point I haven't hit it, but I usually don't worry about it when it comes to small fish. Just the big guys. This particular angel has always been pretty passive. She lost her buddy last december and has been alone ever since. Her curiosity is definitely peaked! I broke the tank down on Friday and set up with special plant substrate. I'm trying aquascaping again. I'm already $200 into it. geesh. Maybe I'll take a pic later.

And I love clown loaches! I had three at one point. They joined a larger community some years back.

What was your problem with Discus? I'd love to have Discus, but it worries me.

Old 09-25-2011, 04:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Braunwyn View Post
Maybe I'll take a pic later.
I'd love to see it!

Quote:
What was your problem with Discus? I'd love to have Discus, but it worries me.
Maybe it was just the individual ones I had, but they developed a very bad temper toward the angels a short time after I introduced them. They fin-nipped the little guys but really got into it with the angels, so they ended up in their own tank.

Maybe that was their plan after all ...

And yeah, I liked that the angels paired up - mine also "grieved" when their partner passed.

Old 09-25-2011, 04:08 PM

7,126 posts, read 8,652,997 times
I have always been known as the plant and fish killer...I think I always overfeed everything and kill em with kindness. I would love to have one of those fish tanks in the wall, it's like having living art!! I sent for sea monkeys through a comic book once was so disappointed I think they were brine shrimp??Flushed em!!

Old 09-25-2011, 04:10 PM

2,650 posts, read 3,012,284 times
Had to look these critters up, made note in passing that it does look like you could sink a few dollars into a good aquarium.

Old 09-25-2011, 04:20 PM

19,046 posts, read 25,192,725 times
Quote:
I'd love to see it!

Maybe it was just the individual ones I had, but they developed a very bad temper toward the angels a short time after I introduced them. They fin-nipped the little guys but really got into it with the angels, so they ended up in their own tank.

Maybe that was their plan after all ...

And yeah, I liked that the angels paired up - mine also "grieved" when their partner passed.
Come to think of it, the majority of Discuss tanks I've seen have been Discus only. That's too bad. How was the maintenance?

Quote:
Originally Posted by crabman1 View Post
Had to look these critters up, made note in passing that it does look like you could sink a few dollars into a good aquarium.
The fish can be expensive, but I spent a majority of that money on other stuff (substrate, plants, new lights, etc).

Old 09-25-2011, 04:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irishiis49 View Post
I have always been known as the plant and fish killer...I think I always overfeed everything and kill em with kindness. I would love to have one of those fish tanks in the wall, it's like having living art!! I sent for sea monkeys through a comic book once was so disappointed I think they were brine shrimp??Flushed em!!
Awwwww! Surely you saved the King and the Queen!?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by crabman1
As I might have mentioned here before, in my early-mid teens I was convinced I was going to be a marine biologist - Jacques Cousteau was my idol - and I had half of my parent's finished basement as my "Oceanic / Limnological Testing and Research Facility". I had tanks from 5 gallons up to 125 gallons, microscopes, dissecting gear, even a little fish hospital.

After "The Wave-Tank Incident", however, my parents' enthusiasm dimmed considerably.

Old 09-25-2011, 04:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Braunwyn View Post
Come to think of it, the majority of Discuss tanks I've seen have been Discus only. That's too bad. How was the maintenance?
Yeah, I discovered that a little late, but no major loss-of-life, so I considered my self lucky.

Maintenance was a constant thing, especially back then before the days of under-gravel filters, ionizers and whatever else they have now. But I developed a routine, and I was a teen, so what else did I have to do?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships