Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-29-2011, 03:05 PM

8,515 posts, read 16,188,268 times

Advertisements

I never go to bars to pick up women. That being said, I've met women at bars.

Do you frequent bars that often and look for mates in bars so often that it has worn you tired?

Most women that go to bars are usually with other women or a man. Not all of the time but I'd say most of the time.

Men on the other hand go to bars alone. For a drink, to watch a game,etc.....

I think I'll always go to bars, I like bars. No, not trashy hick bars neither.

If you've said "I'm tired of the bar scene", tell us what that means and why?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-29-2011, 03:24 PM

494 posts, read 1,610,366 times
Uhhh, they want more places to pick up a chick/dude than a bar?

I've never had to utter this as the only bars I go to are sports bars, and I usually go with other people to watch games and eat. But for the most part, people say this in reference to the more social bars.

Old 10-29-2011, 03:24 PM

8,515 posts, read 16,188,268 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southseeker View Post
Uhhh, they want more places to pick up a chick/dude than a bar?
Exactly my point....there are way more places to meet people than a bar.

Old 10-29-2011, 03:26 PM

221 posts, read 598,271 times
A woman says that to signify that she isn't an easy lay or is trying to live down a reputation as one.

Men say that to signify that they aren't looking for an easy lay, especially when they really are looking for one.

Old 10-29-2011, 03:30 PM

Location: Everybody is going to hurt you, you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for-B Marley
9,516 posts, read 20,009,486 times
Waiting for the rest of the usual suspects to make their appearance.

Old 10-29-2011, 03:40 PM

8,956 posts, read 20,379,888 times
To the OP.....you might want to take a look at similar thread, "The Bar Scene.....How Successful by Sift. I posted in that one and talked about my experiences in nightclubs. I was told by the OP of that one that he wasn't talking about nightclubs. I'm happily married now, but just how do men meet women in Sports Bars or Cocktail Lounges? When I was single, I always thought one of the best ways to meet a gal was at a place that played music and dancing went on. I met my wife thru a Personal Ad I had placed in a local magazine and she answered. Even though I could easily meet a lady at a nightclub, I'm glad I met her thru the ad.......way to many ladies, and men, are very different after they've been drinking half of the night!

Old 10-29-2011, 03:42 PM

8,956 posts, read 20,379,888 times
Question would be for many single men/women in this forum........WHERE???

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron. View Post
Exactly my point....there are way more places to meet people than a bar.

Old 10-29-2011, 03:45 PM

3,059 posts, read 8,286,787 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whyte Byrd View Post
Waiting for the rest of the usual suspects to make their appearance.
I'll join ya!

Old 10-29-2011, 03:51 PM

Location: Everybody is going to hurt you, you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for-B Marley
9,516 posts, read 20,009,486 times
Some people do just go to mingle with others. Humans are a social creature, you know. And doing that in a bar can become old when some think you're there to get laid or drunk.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sunshineleith View Post
I'll join ya!
Yeah. If you change your point of view about the cluelessness oozing from some responses, you actually can be quite entertained. Just relax....let it flow

Old 10-29-2011, 03:57 PM

2,472 posts, read 3,198,960 times
It's pretty self explanatory, but the reasons vary. I like bars more than clubs, because I can actually talk to people in a bar. So that is my reasoning for being tired of the club scene.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships