Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-04-2011, 09:41 AM

44,254 posts, read 64,347,350 times

Advertisements

There have been some lovely threads on here describing how and why our husbands/wives/etc are so awesome. Love it!

Now's the time for some self love! What makes YOU a great partner? Why does your SO count themselves lucky to have you?

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-04-2011, 09:42 AM

44,254 posts, read 64,347,350 times
What would be interesting would be to list the reasons you think you are a good SO and then see if those are the same reasons your SO thinks you're a good SO.

Old 09-04-2011, 09:45 AM

20,048 posts, read 18,302,537 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
There have been some lovely threads on here describing how and why our husbands/wives/etc are so awesome. Love it!

Now's the time for some self love! What makes YOU a great partner? Why does your SO count themselves lucky to have you?

Physique, el braino, endurance, and a heart of gold!

Old 09-04-2011, 10:01 AM

9,408 posts, read 13,736,850 times
I have a long list so here goes;

-I have a wicked sense of humour and can make him laugh at random moments
-I have his back at all times so he knows he can rely on me
-I give him back, shoulder, hand and foot massages
-I tell him I love him and appreciate him every single day
-I share everything with him
-I listen to him when he needs me
-I care for his well being and he knows it
-I love him even when he's being an ass
-I earn pretty good money and I have exposed him to a much better lifestyle

I'm sure there's plenty more ways I am a wonderful SO to my beloved so I'll ask him when I get home.

Old 09-04-2011, 10:02 AM

45,218 posts, read 100,707,267 times
Quote:

I am passionate about my guy and I make sure he always knows it

I am loyal to a fault and would never undermine him, even when I don't agree with him or his choices on something.

I take care of him in all ways that make him feel loved (though he does the exact same for me!)

I am always ready to forgive him when he screws up or hurts me and never hold it over his head later - forgiven means forgotten

Old 09-04-2011, 10:02 AM

513 posts, read 897,096 times
well, compared to some of SO's of people that post on here i must be the best catch in the world. i help with household chores, cooking/cleaning/laundry/etc... without being nagged into or even asked. i take care of all of her animals, from feeding/walking dogs to feeding/caring for the horse.

right now she and the kids went to her dad's for the weekend. i was supposed to go but had to stay home to pull call this weekend. i'm doing laundry now so SHE does not have to do it when she gets home and can enjoy some down time.

also, when it comes to the bedroom i make sure she is satisfied before i am.

i am not jealous, nor am i an accuser. i don't snoop thru her email/texts/fb even though she tells me all the time to check them for her if she is unable to do so at the moment.

when we fight, and we do have arguments a few times a month, i keep it to the topic at hand and don't drag up old things just to deal a blow. and i refuse to let us go to bed angry. we work it out, after the initial tempers flare i'll do my best to calm it down and talk rationally. sometimes this requires that we drop the subject entirely for an hour or two before talking. sometimes, the best thing is to just shut up and drop it. most of the time i know which is best, though i have been known to do the wrong one and make things worse.

and lastly, i will admit when i am wrong. no one is perfect, and just admitting this about yourself to your SO goes far.

what i do must work, we've been together nearly 18 years now.

oh, i can say this too- if she was one to nag/complain constantly i seriously doubt i would do as much as i do. she treats me well, i treat her well.

Old 09-04-2011, 10:13 AM

1,250 posts, read 2,157,786 times
Quote:

I am a terrible SO, and I know it. I do my best to avoid relationships because I am not good at it.

Old 09-04-2011, 12:16 PM

3,488 posts, read 8,220,089 times
I'll post what I think and then ask him what he thinks.

I think I am very loyal and very affectionate. Tell him how important and loved he is a lot. I make him laugh. I challenge him and keep him on his toes (hopefully in a good way!). I'm very supportive - he always talks through work issues and stuff with me and he knows that if he decided one day that he wanted to quit the corporate world and do something totally different (and a lot less well paid) that I would be just fine with that.

i just asked him and he says: I'm funny, smart, good natured (ha!) and I care about his health and well being. He also said that we get on great and that he thinks I am "very beautiful" (I guess this contributes in some way to being a good SO ) and apparently I'm great in bed.

So yeah, our two lists are not quite the same. Men!

Old 09-04-2011, 12:59 PM

2,472 posts, read 3,197,332 times
I'm just a nice guy, not all of us finish last.

Old 09-04-2011, 01:20 PM

4,500 posts, read 12,341,052 times
I think: I'm honest (this might go both ways actually, lol), very loyal, protective, just jealous enough to make her feel wanted but usually not going overboard, funny, though my humor IS overboard, relatively good lover, thoughtful, challenging.

I asked, and she said: Sweet, thoughtful, funny, interesting, smart, the ability to have real conversations, attractive, knows her very well and understand her, willing to do things for her that I wouldn't otherwise do, good chemistry, well endowed and good "bedtime skills" (that's how she put it).

Well... they kind of say the same.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships