Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-04-2011, 12:52 PM

18,158 posts, read 15,628,539 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by crisan View Post
Wow! That was really great of you.

Why didn't you ask her to come and visit you?

Do you have a hard time letting go of the past?
No...in my mind if your SO is in trouble its boots n saddles. Why...when I was in such pain and not able to care for myself....should I HAVE to ASK my wife for support....and letting go of the past is easier said than done when certain factors figure in. Life and death kinda jump out ascgood examples of the latter....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-04-2011, 01:01 PM

2,725 posts, read 5,190,213 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NVplumber View Post
Why...when I was in such pain and not able to care for myself....should I HAVE to ASK my wife for support....
Again, you sound like a great, dependable guy but I can't answer that question for you. Sometimes we don't receive pleasing answers but we should get them nonetheless if the question is important to us. It is how you get to know a person and know what to expect.

Old 09-04-2011, 01:36 PM

Quote:
Again, you sound like a great, dependable guy but I can't answer that question for you. Sometimes we don't receive pleasing answers but we should get them nonetheless if the question is important to us. It is how you get to know a person and know what to expect.
The big problem here...if it is EXPECTED ..of me which it is....absolutely. Then, if I give as much, how is it when I need that same support, I cannot count on it. Thus.....High Lonesome. That's how I came to that term in this context. It has many meanings. Depends on ones circumstances. I just said this on another thread ...I BELIEVE. in the fairy tale. I BELIEVE that a man and a woman can complete each other. And....I would rather die fighting for thatfeeling than spend a long life without it. Thus is where I am. One trail ends...the new one is dangerous and unpredictable. Turn back? Better the devil you know? Or go on. And maybe still not find what your looking for....or maybe you will. That is where I am....and I think...I would rather dieon FIRE for the CHANCE of that on fire feeling than sit tight and feel like I am already dead. Is that so....unusual?

Old 09-04-2011, 01:47 PM

11,864 posts, read 17,001,935 times
Quote:
The big problem here...if it is EXPECTED ..of me which it is....absolutely. Then, if I give as much, how is it when I need that same support, I cannot count on it. Thus.....High Lonesome. That's how I came to that term in this context. It has many meanings. Depends on ones circumstances. I just said this on another thread ...I BELIEVE. in the fairy tale. I BELIEVE that a man and a woman can complete each other. And....I would rather die fighting for thatfeeling than spend a long life without it. Thus is where I am. One trail ends...the new one is dangerous and unpredictable. Turn back? Better the devil you know? Or go on. And maybe still not find what your looking for....or maybe you will. That is where I am....and I think...I would rather dieon FIRE for the CHANCE of that on fire feeling than sit tight and feel like I am already dead. Is that so....unusual?
Sometimes it's best to just let go. Scary at first, but freeing at last.

Old 09-04-2011, 01:55 PM

Quote:
The big problem here...if it is EXPECTED ..of me which it is....absolutely.
Expectations can only be met when we know what they are. Everything else you do without being asked, you do because you are a great guy.

You sound really disappointed and it is okay to feel this way. Find a way to be happy because you sound like a good guy.

Last edited by crisan; 09-04-2011 at 02:06 PM..

Old 09-04-2011, 02:04 PM

52,263 posts, read 52,686,640 times
Tough spot to be in. I feel for you.

I hope things work out well for you.

We all deserve happiness.

Old 09-04-2011, 02:26 PM

Quote:
Expectations can only be met when we know what they are. Everything else you do without being asked, you do because you are a great guy.
Or because I was raised to know certain things are expected of a man. The wanting of it has no bearing. Certain situations demand certain actions. Whether you FEEL anything is irrelevant ...you got it to do. When it comes to your woman, if you don't FEEL something, if there are expectations without desire, if your woman expects somethi.g of you, but comes up with an excuse as to why(gawwwwwd I hate the word why) she cannot reciprocate the very thing that is EXPECTED" of you, as her man, that is a serious problem. The whole relationship is a false front, and ain't worth the powder to blow it all to Hell.
I have a road to ride here. Its no sure thing. Might be I find more pain at theend of it than I have now. Might be....But I think I will take that chance...danger. is there a danger in that choice? Yes..there is, certainly, but, once again, live as if your already dead? Or, die for even the merest chance of knowing youralive? Something, someone, somewhere, is out there...I want the chance. And am willing to fight for it.
Knight? Nooooo. Lol....just a guy. A guy with a dream and no more time to spend staying in bed wishing I could could go back to sleep and try and find that dream again.
No....I know where the reality is of that dream...but its gonna hurt getting there again. Its not just a dream. I wrote something once..."You know you ain't really livin' ....till your pleasure comes with pain"...that ones mine to keep...and stop at just words or really live it. High Lonesome....

Old 09-04-2011, 02:47 PM

Quote:
Or because I was raised to know certain things are expected of a man. The wanting of it has no bearing. Certain situations demand certain actions. Whether you FEEL anything is irrelevant ...you got it to do. When it comes to your woman, if you don't FEEL something, if there are expectations without desire, if your woman expects somethi.g of you, but comes up with an excuse as to why(gawwwwwd I hate the word why) she cannot reciprocate the very thing that is EXPECTED" of you, as her man, that is a serious problem. The whole relationship is a false front, and ain't worth the powder to blow it all to Hell.
I have a road to ride here. Its no sure thing. Might be I find more pain at theend of it than I have now. Might be....But I think I will take that chance...danger. is there a danger in that choice? Yes..there is, certainly, but, once again, live as if your already dead? Or, die for even the merest chance of knowing youralive? Something, someone, somewhere, is out there...I want the chance. And am willing to fight for it.
Knight? Nooooo. Lol....just a guy. A guy with a dream and no more time to spend staying in bed wishing I could could go back to sleep and try and find that dream again.
No....I know where the reality is of that dream...but its gonna hurt getting there again. Its not just a dream. I wrote something once..."You know you ain't really livin' ....till your pleasure comes with pain"...that ones mine to keep...and stop at just words or really live it. High Lonesome....
Good for you, High Lonesome. It sounds like you are going to take a chance and live life according to your expectations. Just try to be a gentleman about it. Most situations in life do not require a life or death reaction. Also, asking somebody nicely to do something for you doesn't hurt. The answer won't always be perfect but at least a compromise may result.

Old 09-04-2011, 03:22 PM

438 posts, read 1,731,088 times
It's difficult to hear your child tell you it's time to move on. When you believe so strongly that the fairytale exists and true love prevails, seeing your marriage disintegrate is painful. Like you, I believe a spouse should be there fighting at your side through thick and thin but being the only one working at saving a marriage doesn't save it. You seem to know what you want and what you need to be happy.

Good luck.

Old 09-04-2011, 04:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dea13 View Post
It's difficult to hear your child tell you it's time to move on. When you believe so strongly that the fairytale exists and true love prevails, seeing your marriage disintegrate is painful. Like you, I believe a spouse should be there fighting at your side through thick and thin but being the only one working at saving a marriage doesn't save it. You seem to know what you want and what you need to be happy.

Good luck.
Yea.....hearing your teenage son sounding so much like a man can be both painful and make a guy bust with pride at the same time. Ain't that kind of thing why we have children? I think so. My son can tell when I am hurting...and he just has a gift as to knowing why. Could be we have much in common in our thought process.
Could be...lmao
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships