Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-17-2011, 03:04 PM

37,409 posts, read 53,569,981 times

Advertisements

-Being able to work late without feeling guilty that I'm not home.

It's not that I have any burgeoning desire to work late, but on occasions when it's necessary, it's an added pressure to know that somebody's disappointed that I'm having to do it.

-Also knowing that the only messes in my house that require cleaning are ones I'm responsible for.

-Half as much laundry. We split the duties, but it's still twice as much clothing, no matter how it's sliced.

-Being able to make delicious meals without having to give consideration to a picky eater's many conditions.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-17-2011, 07:16 PM

7,474 posts, read 22,880,812 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Crabcakes View Post
The only thing I miss is being able to flirt or sleep with whoever I wanted. There were a few times were I was juggling a couple of guys.

And every now and then a bootycall was kinda fun.
I'm thinking a booty call with someone named "Crabcakes" wouldn't be something that would be high on my list of things to do...!!

Old 09-17-2011, 07:58 PM

3,488 posts, read 8,220,866 times
Flirting, a first kiss and the first time having sex with a new guy. That stuff was fun!!

Other than than that nothing really.
Plus stuff in the sack seems to have got even better after I came off the pill over a month ago so I'm very happy with what I've got!

Old 09-17-2011, 09:05 PM

9,408 posts, read 13,738,548 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hobokenkitchen View Post
Flirting, a first kiss and the first time having sex with a new guy. That stuff was fun!!

Other than than that nothing really.
Plus stuff in the sack seems to have got even better after I came off the pill over a month ago so I'm very happy with what I've got!
Be careful, you might get pregnant

Old 09-17-2011, 09:12 PM

3,488 posts, read 8,220,866 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Djuna View Post
Be careful, you might get pregnant
With any luck!
After almost 9 years of marriage, endless indecision, several city data threads and a few months of discussing it with a therapist, we have finally decided to give nature a chance. We'll see what happens.... and in the mean time have a lot of fun trying!

Old 09-17-2011, 09:14 PM
FBJ

39,605 posts, read 59,011,429 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarnor View Post
Sometimes I miss my single saturdays.
Waking up at 10am, watching cartoons/sitcoms or playing xbox the whole day, just wearing boxers, ordering a Jumbopizza and feasting on it the whole day, then its nighttime and you either get fresh and meet with friends or going to bed.

I was thinking about this today and it seems like while I was out saturdays is a couples day and you have to be out doing stuff. I like being in my underwear on saturdays writing on my blog and watching TV and eating nachos and cheese while listening to jazz.

Old 09-17-2011, 10:34 PM

479 posts, read 835,620 times
What do I miss about singledom? Absolutely, positively...nothing!

For the record, I'm currently single...and it's absolutely, positively...bliss! : )

Old 09-17-2011, 11:46 PM

9,394 posts, read 15,691,376 times
What the **** could you possibly miss?

Old 09-18-2011, 11:18 AM
FBJ

39,605 posts, read 59,011,429 times
this thread should be renamed-"the negatives of being in a relationship"

Old 09-18-2011, 06:11 PM

37,611 posts, read 45,988,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TVandSportsGuy View Post
I was thinking about this today and it seems like while I was out saturdays is a couples day and you have to be out doing stuff. I like being in my underwear on saturdays writing on my blog and watching TV and eating nachos and cheese while listening to jazz.
See, this is when you come off sounding like a total goober. Saturdays is no more a "couples day" than any other day. I'll explain this for you, since it's pretty doubtful you'll ever figure it out on your own. When you are in a relationship with someone, a serious relationship...one where you might even LOVE them (I know that's hard to grasp)...then generally, you actually like spending time with that person. In fact, you really WANT to spend time with them doing almost anything, rather than spend your time alone doing those truly compelling things like sitting around in your underwear, writing a blog, and watching TV and eating garbage.

Yeah...I know...it's a hard concept.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships