Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-07-2011, 09:26 AM

8,802 posts, read 8,897,466 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bson1257 View Post
After looking through many online dating sites, I'm surprised at how many below average looking women there are. More importantly, its amazing how many of them seem to have very high standards. If a women is as big as Sherman Klump, you really shouldn't have high standards. Ugly men lower their standards so women should do the same.
If I had posted this, it would have been deleted because of "sexism."

Old 09-07-2011, 10:14 AM

31,033 posts, read 22,070,533 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by carp killer View Post
100%

This is the truth. I hate to sound shallow but most guys, if given a choice, will go for the thin average woman over the fat average woman. I see it all the time.
Personally I would rather go for a woman who has some curves who has a beautiful face than a skinny woman with an ehh face or bad teeth.

Old 09-07-2011, 10:39 AM

8,679 posts, read 15,267,934 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LS Jaun View Post
Personally I would rather go for a woman who has some curves who has a beautiful face than a skinny woman with an ehh face or bad teeth.
How does the saying go: "Fat is temporary but ugly is forever?"

Or like this T-shirt I saw not long ago: "I may be fat, but you're ugly and I can lose weight."

Speaking of ugly, what is really unattractive is the constant harping by certain men on here about women's weight. Sorry, but women were not put on this earth to be eye candy for men. If you don't like overweight women, don't date them. Really, it's just that simple. There are plenty of happily married or partnered women who are overweight. They survive just fine without dating any weight-obsessed dbags.

And no, I'm not fat.

Old 09-07-2011, 10:45 AM

936 posts, read 2,061,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
Wow, you meet all my requirements? I'm gonna be in Vegas this weekend if you're interested in a quicky marriage
Slow down there, Jackie Cochran! I don't just fall for just any zoomie who flies by!

Besides, I'm going to be in my studio in Philadelphia this weekend. Meet me halfway? How about dinner in Kansas City, MO?

Old 09-07-2011, 10:54 AM

2,501 posts, read 3,648,778 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bson1257 View Post
After looking through many online dating sites, I'm surprised at how many below average looking women there are. More importantly, its amazing how many of them seem to have very high standards. If a women is as big as Sherman Klump, you really shouldn't have high standards. Ugly men lower their standards so women should do the same.
Oh man! You asked for it now. I'm not Sherman klump big or fat, but seriously do you have any idea how much flack you're gonna get for this thread?

Old 09-07-2011, 10:55 AM

12,940 posts, read 21,621,557 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RockJock1729 View Post
Slow down there, Jackie Cochran! I don't just fall for just any zoomie who flies by!

Besides, I'm going to be in my studio in Philadelphia this weekend. Meet me halfway? How about dinner in Kansas City, MO?
This guy is smooth!

Beta-manlets, take notes.

Old 09-07-2011, 11:10 AM

14,229 posts, read 30,031,639 times
I spent a lot of time scoping out the competition on the dating sites and I learned a lot. I tried to read the profiles and see them as a man would. Many lessons to be learned there. But I thought there were quite a few attractive women out there. At least the pics looked pretty good. IRL, who knows?

Seemed to me there were just as many unattractive men as women out there. A big part of it is age. Neither sex stays young and pretty. Much easier to find attractive people in their 20's than 40's and 50's.

Old 09-07-2011, 11:25 AM

12,974 posts, read 33,955,777 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by carp killer View Post
100%

This is the truth. I hate to sound shallow but most guys, if given a choice, will go for the thin average woman over the fat average woman. I see it all the time.
So true. Im amazed that there is so much "deep thought" going on about this. Its very very simple. Women - dont get fat and you WILL get dates. Get fat and expect a difficult time. Simple as 2+2=4.

Ive never used any dating sites and have just gone by what people I know have told me and from what I have seen on the many times Ive looked over the shoulders of friends who were on those sites. The types of pictures women post are always hilarious to me.

You have the "Face Shot" pics - these are pics where they just kinda get a closeup of their face in hoping to keep their bodies concealed. Usually, you can tell by the face if the person is overweight anyway.

You also have the "group" pics - these are the ones where there is at least two people in the pic. It seems to almost always be that the lesser of the two is the woman who is looking for a date.

The very worst is the "blocked out pic of old boyfriend" pic - These are the most hilarious to me. Its like the chick took a pic of her and her old boyfriend and used photoshop to blackout his face, but left the remaining part of the pic that obvious shows that they were closer than just friends.

Someone here also made a dead on remark that age plays a key role as well. It goes without saying that a 50 year old is not going to be as attractive as a 40 year old who is not going to be as attractive as a 30 year old who is not as attractive as a 20 year old. This is true a majority of the time.

Also, not all women on dating sites are average looking or worse. I've mentioned before that I know several couples (13 actually) who met and got married online (all met on Match). Most of the women are well above average, and wouldnt you know it, they used the same full body photos on the dating site they have on their Facebook pages.

Old 09-07-2011, 01:34 PM

7,796 posts, read 16,399,244 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaoTzuMindFu View Post
So true. Im amazed that there is so much "deep thought" going on about this. Its very very simple. Women - dont get fat and you WILL get dates. Get fat and expect a difficult time. Simple as 2+2=4.

Ive never used any dating sites and have just gone by what people I know have told me and from what I have seen on the many times Ive looked over the shoulders of friends who were on those sites. The types of pictures women post are always hilarious to me.

You have the "Face Shot" pics - these are pics where they just kinda get a closeup of their face in hoping to keep their bodies concealed. Usually, you can tell by the face if the person is overweight anyway.

You also have the "group" pics - these are the ones where there is at least two people in the pic. It seems to almost always be that the lesser of the two is the woman who is looking for a date.

The very worst is the "blocked out pic of old boyfriend" pic - These are the most hilarious to me. Its like the chick took a pic of her and her old boyfriend and used photoshop to blackout his face, but left the remaining part of the pic that obvious shows that they were closer than just friends.

Someone here also made a dead on remark that age plays a key role as well. It goes without saying that a 50 year old is not going to be as attractive as a 40 year old who is not going to be as attractive as a 30 year old who is not as attractive as a 20 year old. This is true a majority of the time.

Also, not all women on dating sites are average looking or worse. I've mentioned before that I know several couples (13 actually) who met and got married online (all met on Match). Most of the women are well above average, and wouldnt you know it, they used the same full body photos on the dating site they have on their Facebook pages.
The chicks aren't the only ones posting "hilarious" pics. Your buds just aren't checking out the men, but trust me, many of pull that crap too.

When I was "browsing online," I also met guys who lied about their age (they knocked 5+ years of their number), which kind of shocked me.

Old 09-07-2011, 01:47 PM

12,566 posts, read 10,616,175 times
If you are looking for attractive people look no further than here: Funny Pictures at WalMart
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships