Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-07-2011, 10:30 PM

30,907 posts, read 32,947,627 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by josh u View Post
Are you kidding? Where do you live? Obviously it's not in the US because only a small portion of US women "make a real effort to look good nearly all the time". Like 3%? Most of the time they look like slobs, spending 15 seconds on their hair and 0-1 minute on makeup. Then put on flipflops and whatever random clean shirt they have at the top of their dresser. Is that your idea of putting in effort?
Where do you live???

Old 09-07-2011, 10:31 PM

1,833 posts, read 2,506,920 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by josh u View Post
Are you kidding? Where do you live? Obviously it's not in the US because only a small portion of US women "make a real effort to look good nearly all the time". Like 3%? Most of the time they look like slobs, spending 15 seconds on their hair and 0-1 minute on makeup. Then put on flipflops and whatever random clean shirt they have at the top of their dresser. Is that your idea of putting in effort?

And once they're married or hooked in a guy, their effort level falls even lower. The excuse becomes "I don't have time anymore". The real reason is, "I just got even lazier "

That sure isn't the case in south Florida where I grew up, or in NYC where I am now.

Old 09-07-2011, 10:55 PM

1,841 posts, read 3,170,085 times
LMAO!

I always find threads like this hilarious!
The number one reason is the OP...is usually judging based on their taste or scope of what he/she consider to be attractive...

What people do not realize is that is always different strokes for different folks....
And while men/women may have their sights on the sky they may find someone on land that they did not anticipate on liking and it happens to be the best thing for them...

My mother stated to me once..."Noone is truly ugly...there is always beauty to be found somewhere..eyes, lips, hair, personality...ect" AND..."There is always somebody for everybody"

Old 09-07-2011, 11:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElysianEagle View Post
oh no, you don't say!

there are women on this very forum who'll argue until the end of time that they're just as hot - no, hotter - at 40 or 50 than they were back at 20. they'd also have you believe that this is true for ALL women in general.

there was a thread on here a while back, started by some guy in his 40s in which he said he just didn't find women his age attractive. the posts made by women in that thread are interesting to say the least
lol....lol..lol..lol...

Well I can agree that I was hotter in my teens and 20's than I am now, to say otherwise is ridiculous..however every age looks good in their own right if the individual takes care of themselves..

I have several pics of myself up here ( Not trying to be younger than I am) and ALWAYS I have people stating that I must be lying about my age? lol..Noone lies about their age unless they are underage or older...lmao..

I may have looked better in my younger days ( I am 37) but I feel more comfortable in my skin now then back then..now what?

Also...to state fact for fact? There are men I went to school with and most of them are now with shaved heads...lol..a trend? I think not...because I can see the receding hairline...lol..I see men as young as 27-29 with hir issues...lmao..also with 7 month old beer babies in their bellies...so umm back of the line with your ridiculous rant

Old 09-07-2011, 11:09 PM

4,837 posts, read 8,847,076 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mandavaran View Post
Oh brother, all this crap about overweight women. Here's the truth. The vast majority of women are overweight ranging from slightly to massive SSSSSSSSSSSBBBBBBBBWWWWW.

You know what? Most of them have relationships. You know why? The vast majority of men will gladly take a fat woman over having no woman at all. Men can't afford to be that choosy. If they want the p***y, they got to take the weight that comes behind it. They may come on forums like this and gripe about how they don't want fat women but they're full of the brown stuff. They may not LIKE it but they LIVE with it.

If you don't believe me, just take a look around you next time you're at a large event with plenty of people. Look at the couples. Most of them feature a heavy woman with a normal weight guy. They're all over the place.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timmyy View Post
Funny how it is just the opposite for TV SitComs. Overweight husband with the hot wife.
TV in general and sit-coms in particular thrives on putting men down. This just makes it easier and more palatable. Women might complain if the actor that they had the hots for was insulted. Advertisers don't like that.

Old 09-07-2011, 11:21 PM

UGGGG..the more I read the more disgusted I get!

The attack on big girls? Really? And by looking into the crowd one will see a couple with a big girl and a normal guy?

lol...okay I do see this..but the guy? Is less than mediocre..a soft middle, ( Body by grinch) bad teeth and receding hairline while the bbw has a gorgeous face and can get ten times better...body not evaluated...lmao
I would most def. say to the bbw that got the hot guy 6 packs and over 6' damn she must be a good person..

Old 09-07-2011, 11:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Crabcakes View Post
When I was single and "out there" everywhere I went I saw dozens of attractive women, but very rarely really attractive men. I thought no wonder no men can't commit, its a candy store for them.

I still rarely see attractive men in general. I don't know if its cause they don't know how to pull themselves together or what. But most men I encounter are just "meh" or "ick".
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBT1980 View Post
Women have a much smaller definition of whats attractive in the opposite sex than Men..Women seem to be picker
Pickier is certainly what I see where I live. However, I live in a place where there are at least 3 single men for every 2 single women in every age group from the early 20s to the mid 40s. Perhaps Miss Crabcakes lives in a place where there are no jobs so such men must move away. They come here.

In general, however, when it comes to desirable men (mostly because they are good looking - but some women are able to demand more) there are generally 5 to 7 women who are after them. Even here, where the odds are not as good, such men can still use this mercilessly.

The remaining men have to wait until these women come to their senses and it seems more and more, many never do.

However, less desirable men are advised to be careful because it is obvious that these women are not suddenly interested in them because they've had an epiphany. They just realize that marriage is a good deal and they may miss their chance if they aren't willing to settle. It's not like it's "til death do us part" anymore. Six months of marriage can set a woman up for life!

Old 09-07-2011, 11:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiippaKiwi View Post
And think about how pretty are kids of ugly couple? There is a reason why nobody want to reproduce with uglies. That is "Stop making more uglies to this beauty-addicted world" .
Even most average women don't want to have kids anymore.

Old 09-07-2011, 11:44 PM

12,974 posts, read 33,915,163 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerZ View Post
Go, adorable guys. Keep up the good work!
Will do. Thank you.

Old 09-08-2011, 01:22 AM

5,321 posts, read 6,092,512 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NotARedneck View Post
Pickier is certainly what I see where I live.
However, less desirable men are advised to be careful because it is obvious that these women are not suddenly interested in them because they've had an for

Yeah im kind of leery..31 and never had luck with women..may sound sad but if a women around my age did show interest in me somewhere in the back of my mind id be thinking if shes with me just because shes desperate to get kids and a family..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships