Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-08-2011, 10:11 PM

51,901 posts, read 52,312,474 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by justthe6ofus View Post
LMAO...shoot and I thought I looked like I fit in with the 5's and 6's on that list and wasn't doing too shabby for an old chick!

But according to CD men those 5's and 6's are really 1-4's. Cripes! Where's my paper bag!

Really, this the most shallow thread I've ever read on here. And picking on people because of their looks is just shameful! Truly!
Yeah, there is a few douchbag type threads running around right now, the forum usually goes in cycles sometimes the ladies are extra rude, now we've been on they guys being rude. Some other thread about some dude acting like a major peckerhead about some online ad with a typo or something in it and he's carrying on about "Oh this is the crap I have to deal with".

Shut up sir and relax.

People make a typos or two.

These woman hating nitwits can't understand why they are at home with a jumbo size bottle of KY and a one extra soft hand........

Old 09-08-2011, 11:06 PM

12,974 posts, read 33,850,830 times
I was able to find a cleaner version of the list on bodybuildingDOTcom and actually, the dudes who created it put some pretty good thought into it. Not mean at all. I love how they categorize 10s as 9s who fill a certain niche with guys.

Old 09-09-2011, 12:59 AM

3,611 posts, read 3,859,624 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justthe6ofus View Post
LMAO...shoot and I thought I looked like I fit in with the 5's and 6's on that list and wasn't doing too shabby for an old chick!

But according to CD men those 5's and 6's are really 1-4's. Cripes! Where's my paper bag!

Really, this the most shallow thread I've ever read on here. And picking on people because of their looks is just shameful! Truly!
The list is so poorly designed that it is almost comical. Don't take anything serious from it either way; for entertainment purposes only.

Old 09-09-2011, 01:22 AM

14,771 posts, read 17,046,112 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ALackOfCreativity View Post
The list is so poorly designed that it is almost comical. Don't take anything serious from it either way; for entertainment purposes only.
I guess some people find laughing at how others look is entertaining.

To me, it shows that there are plenty of below average people out there. And I don't mean looks.

Old 09-09-2011, 01:30 AM

3,611 posts, read 3,859,624 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by artemis agrotera View Post
I guess some people find laughing at how others look is entertaining.

To me, it shows that there are plenty of below average people out there. And I don't mean looks.
The humor doesn't come from how the people look; the humor comes from the combination of how utterly wrong the list is (the 1-4s as mentioned above are different gradations of 1 while the higher numbers are just generally mashed up in general in inexplicable ways) combined with the fact that whomever made it put the effort forth / felt authoritative enough to create such a list in the first place. The juxtaposition is funny.

Old 09-09-2011, 01:43 AM

5,312 posts, read 6,079,489 times
I dont let anyone under a 5 near me..i bring velvet ropes in public and section myself off from the unattractive and homely..

Old 09-09-2011, 03:45 AM

591 posts, read 863,655 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJulia View Post
By definition, there are as many below-average-looking women as there are above-average-looking women.
Not with a sample that is even in number (statistics), in which case both the central people are the "average"; just like a piano with 88-notes, there is no "average" key in the middle.

With an odd number, as you said, there are as many above as below.

Old 09-09-2011, 03:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Crabcakes View Post
When I was single and "out there" everywhere I went I say dozens of attractive women, but very rarely really attractive men. I thought no wonder no men can't commit, its a candy store for them.

I still rarely see attractive men in general. I don't know if its cause they don't know how to pull themselves together or what. But most men I encounter are just "meh" or "ick".

A "candy store" in what alternate universe??????

Old 09-09-2011, 03:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockJock1729 View Post
That's the median, not the average. One or two super-above-average-looking women can draw the average up high enough that more women are below average than above.

(Yeah, I'm a math geek. I own it. )

Yep, just like there can be more teams below .500 in baseball than above if two or three teams are excessively good and warp the numbers.

Old 09-09-2011, 04:53 AM

3,588 posts, read 5,707,778 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheImportersWife View Post
It's almost as if some take pleasure in it. I have trouble comprehending the mentality.
Moderator cut: Deleted inflammatory comment.

Men, get a clue: 10s are also capable of cheating, stealing, lying and violence. And if they're that beautiful, they know it, honey, and might not be into monogamy and faithfulness. They always think they can do better than you. Karma, much?

In a divorce, their sense of outrage over their ravishing beauty not being enough to keep a marriage afloat will cause them to turn on you in such a
way you'll be kicking yourself for not giving the 5's, 6's and 7s a chance.

But then again, if a person is willing to gamble their future happiness based solely on looks, one might argue they deserve what they get for their foolishness.

Last edited by JustJulia; 09-09-2011 at 01:48 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships