Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-10-2011, 07:06 AM

9,001 posts, read 10,154,582 times

Advertisements

Just curious to know if anyone has had the "creep" experience. The stalking/constant driving past your house kind of creepiness. The never ending calls, etc. I've experienced it quite a few times. And I know that women as well as men are capable of that kind of weirdness, so how did you deal w/ it?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-10-2011, 07:43 AM

12,322 posts, read 17,089,650 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by believe007 View Post
Just curious to know if anyone has had the "creep" experience. The stalking/constant driving past your house kind of creepiness. The never ending calls, etc. I've experienced it quite a few times. And I know that women as well as men are capable of that kind of weirdness, so how did you deal w/ it?

I did. Went on a date with a woman, Just a date and nothing else. It was a friend of a friend of a friend. I decided not to pursue things, and told her so nicely. She was not convinced. I got text messages and calls at all hours. She got her "cousin" to call me and leave a message telling me how I need to date her. She called demanding money for her phone bill even. She had trouble with her mom and told me she needed to move in with me, And then accused me of being evil for not helping her. Finally after ignoring her for a year and a half she it stopped. The stress was awful. I considered moving to a remote town in New Mexico or out West somewhere to get away it was so bad. I was fortunate she does not know where I live or work.

Old 09-10-2011, 08:24 AM

I'm glad I'm not the only one; good to have a guy's perspective, also. That's another reason I'm very guarded when I meet people, I guess

Old 09-10-2011, 08:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe007 View Post
I'm glad I'm not the only one; good to have a guy's perspective, also. That's another reason I'm very guarded when I meet people, I guess
That's a good thing. Trust is earned, not just given. Though you cant always see everything coming. In my situation you would have never guessed she was disturbed. She was polite and put together, and then all hell broke loose.

Old 09-10-2011, 08:51 AM

2,501 posts, read 3,642,939 times
Maybe not to that extent but yes. There was this guy at my school library who wasn't a student and he was able to get onto the computers in the lab even if you need a username and password under the school. He gave a me a creepy vibe throughout the whole time we were talking and he gave me his number when we finished talking. Then, as I walked out of the library, this girl comes up to me and asks if I gave him my number and I told her no. She said that was good because that guy had stalked her friend!!! and he was doing the things the OP mentioned!! I freaked out and after Sociology class I went to Campus Safety and told the security guard. He said that he'd look out for him

Fast forward the clocks about 2 weeks later. A security alert went out of a guy of the exact description that creeped me out! It turns out, he had assaulted a girl at another college close to mine!!!! so I went back and told them that I had seen the guy and gave him the name that the guy gave me! And the other girl who warned me went to go tell him everything she knew too!

The last I heard about him was that he was in jail.

Old 09-10-2011, 09:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CancerianMoonPrincess View Post
Maybe not to that extent but yes. There was this guy at my school library who wasn't a student and he was able to get onto the computers in the lab even if you need a username and password under the school. He gave a me a creepy vibe throughout the whole time we were talking and he gave me his number when we finished talking. Then, as I walked out of the library, this girl comes up to me and asks if I gave him my number and I told her no. She said that was good because that guy had stalked her friend!!! and he was doing the things the OP mentioned!! I freaked out and after Sociology class I went to Campus Safety and told the security guard. He said that he'd look out for him

Fast forward the clocks about 2 weeks later. A security alert went out of a guy of the exact description that creeped me out! It turns out, he had assaulted a girl at another college close to mine!!!! so I went back and told them that I had seen the guy and gave him the name that the guy gave me! And the other girl who warned me went to go tell him everything she knew too!

The last I heard about him was that he was in jail.
Great call not giving your number! You are smart and aware, And glad it turned out ok. The guy was obviously dangerous.

For me, I don't think the gal was violent..Or I could be wrong. But it was hard being woken up in the middle of the night with crazy phone calls saying im "the evil one" and bizarre texts. When you get woken up at 1 Am. 3 AM, and have to get up at 5AM for work, It affects a person. You lose sleep and get stressed out. If she found out where I lived I would have had to move for sure. I keep my cell on 24/7 for emergencies if needed, for work or personal, So I was defenseless. Brooklyn boy took a mental beat-down from that one.

Old 09-10-2011, 09:13 AM

^^^ She may not have been violent but she needs to he locked in a rubber room with a straight jacket on pronto!

Old 09-10-2011, 09:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CancerianMoonPrincess View Post
^^^ She may not have been violent but she needs to he locked in a rubber room with a straight jacket on pronto!
Yes indeed. I actually saw her on the subway a few months ago. I threw on sunglasses and buried my face in a newspaper. She got off the next stop, so there was not enough time to spot me. I think that would jump-started the whole thing again.

Maybe I will get one of those funny mustache/glasses disguises when I travel, come to think of it.

Old 09-10-2011, 09:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by D. Scott View Post
Yes indeed. I actually saw her on the subway a few months ago. I threw on sunglasses and buried my face in a newspaper. She got off the next stop, so there was not enough time to spot me. I think that would jump-started the whole thing again.

Maybe I will get one of those funny mustache/glasses disguises when I travel, come to think of it.
Lol!

Old 09-10-2011, 09:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by D. Scott View Post
Great call not giving your number! You are smart and aware, And glad it turned out ok. The guy was obviously dangerous.

For me, I don't think the gal was violent..Or I could be wrong. But it was hard being woken up in the middle of the night with crazy phone calls saying im "the evil one" and bizarre texts. When you get woken up at 1 Am. 3 AM, and have to get up at 5AM for work, It affects a person. You lose sleep and get stressed out. If she found out where I lived I would have had to move for sure. I keep my cell on 24/7 for emergencies if needed, for work or personal, So I was defenseless. Brooklyn boy took a mental beat-down from that one.
"Brooklyn boy took a mental beat down" Its pretty exhausting, so I know what you mean. When I realized the extent to which some people can become obsessed, I felt the same way, I'd have to move, etc. And I did, a few times...That line about her being the "evil one" would have freaked me out, though
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships