Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-30-2011, 05:36 PM

15 posts, read 21,603 times

Advertisements

I am recently divorced and getting back into the dating world. I seem to get hit on by a lot of younger men ages 21- 28. Not complaining really but one in particular caught my eye.

I met him at a wrestling show and asked around and messaged him on facebook. We began texing and talking on the phone. I noticed on the phone that he was pretty quiet.

We met at the local mall and hung out for an hour basically getting know each other type of stuff. After the date he called me and asked if I wanted to come to the show the next day and hang out with him after and I said yes but the show ran late and I had kids to take home and put to bed.

He then asked me to hang out again this weekend. Maybe I am a little nervous but somthing feels a little weird. When I text him he doesnt always respond. I only text about once a day and I dont want to bug him. Plus when we are around each other he is really quiet which makes wonder if he is interested.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-30-2011, 05:41 PM

1,591 posts, read 3,427,612 times
It sounds like he's interested but might not be all that awesome of a person.

Old 09-30-2011, 05:52 PM

4,098 posts, read 7,107,360 times
There are people who are quiet, it doesn't mean they aren't interested in you, it means they don't get excited easily. No two people think the same, or behave the same for any given circumstance. I think it would be a mistake to write him off as not interested just because he is quiet. Give him some time, if he isn't interested you'll find out soon enough. Using the phone instead of communicating by text messages is a lot more personal and allows you to find out more about him.

Old 09-30-2011, 05:53 PM

3,187 posts, read 5,152,185 times
It sounds like he is unsure. Usually if someone is shy, they will lose that once they get to know you. You have gone out on a date, and have texted several times, therefore; he wouldnt be so nervous like shy people are if that were the case. I think he is feeling you out, and just not sure.

Old 09-30-2011, 05:58 PM

2,289 posts, read 5,774,399 times
He is either shy or otherwise committed and unsure of what to do. No reason to not meet him this weekend, he may loosen up.

Old 09-30-2011, 06:26 PM

13,511 posts, read 19,281,755 times
If he's asking you to "hang out"....there must be some interest.....maybe after time, if you get to know him a bit more...you'll know why he's such a quiet person...it could be like Dollydo says.

Old 09-30-2011, 06:27 PM

861 posts, read 1,124,398 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lonelyhousewife View Post
I am recently divorced and getting back into the dating world. I seem to get hit on by a lot of younger men ages 21- 28. Not complaining really but one in particular caught my eye.

I met him at a wrestling show and asked around and messaged him on facebook. We began texing and talking on the phone. I noticed on the phone that he was pretty quiet.

We met at the local mall and hung out for an hour basically getting know each other type of stuff. After the date he called me and asked if I wanted to come to the show the next day and hang out with him after and I said yes but the show ran late and I had kids to take home and put to bed.

He then asked me to hang out again this weekend. Maybe I am a little nervous but somthing feels a little weird. When I text him he doesnt always respond. I only text about once a day and I dont want to bug him. Plus when we are around each other he is really quiet which makes wonder if he is interested.
Just b/c he is shy doesn't mean he's not interested....when he trusts you or finds you interesting then he will open up

Old 09-30-2011, 06:31 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,860,632 times
I think you need to give him time. In the beginning it can be awkward. I wish you well.

Old 09-30-2011, 08:04 PM

4,153 posts, read 9,267,863 times
Quote:

Sounds like he's interested me but taking things slow. My best advice is be patient.

Old 09-30-2011, 08:56 PM

16,224 posts, read 25,666,259 times
Quote:

Maybe he is sittin `back observing the situation, before he opens up any farther, to you. Take your time...day by day, /have fun, and enjoy yoursej=
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships