Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-11-2015, 05:41 PM

41 posts, read 43,465 times

Advertisements

We have been to four dates.

We have kissed, hold hands, laugh....had a great time...etc. She talks about our future encounters in all of the previous dates while we're on the date.

Perfect huh? Not until we start texting/calling is when I start feeling she's playing games.

- Short responses that don't lead to a conversation.
- Takes her sweet time
- text me first then either falls asleep or takes a long time to respond
- Tells me she'll call me later and never calls (with no explanation)

Here's an example:

Yesterday while I was working during midnight I get a text from her that says "Baaaaaaaaaae"....Well I reply, she replies back...and then she falls off the face of the earth. I'm guessing she fell asleep right? never got a text in the morning explaining so (she used to do this before). I called her around 2 PM today, she was in Barnes and Nobles...she cuts it off with "I'll call you back in a bit"...is 7:30 pm and still no response or signs she's alive.

I'm getting fed off with this. For a girl that exchange to me that good relationships are built on good communication....well this is a shocker.

We were talking about safe sex just last Saturday in our 4th date and she told me in a enthusiastic voice while I was talking about it "You have to make me your girlfriend first before we have sex!"...took me by surprise a bit and I smiled and said "of course".... But looking at it now, I don't see why I would make a girl that's acting shady this early my girlfriend.

The disconnection between texting and in person has been going for a month now.

Should I call her out on it? not exactly as an ultimatum or anything, but as something that has been bothering me? I mean if the plan is a stable relationship then I should be able to express my concern and displeasure right?

Is like the closer we get in person, the more distant she becomes on the phone/text.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-11-2015, 05:45 PM

11,400 posts, read 24,487,413 times
I think you need to relax a little. You're too impatient.

Old 03-11-2015, 05:45 PM

718 posts, read 616,754 times
lol bae.

Call her out. She might just like being coy. Girls are notorious for their 'playing hard to get' antics. So just be direct and tell her that you find it rude, silly or whatnot when she plays those games. If she's receptive to it and changes, then problem solved! If not, move on.

Old 03-11-2015, 05:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellie View Post
I think you need to relax a little. You're too impatient.
I feel like maybe I didn't notice this mind games when I wasn't that into her but know they're getting to me.

I do agree I'm a little impatient when things don't go absolutely perfect,

Old 03-11-2015, 05:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashleyga View Post
lol bae.

Call her out. She might just like being coy. Girls are notorious for their 'playing hard to get' antics. So just be direct and tell her that you find it rude, silly or whatnot when she plays those games. If she's receptive to it and changes, then problem solved! If not, move on.
I have a feeling she's doing it on purpose.

Yes, this girl has play hard to get in the past. Specially when it came to kissing and her silly "no kissing in the first date" policy.

She was all over me Saturday.

Maybe I should just relax and let her come to me from this point and on? This is not a shy girl...this girl basically made up the first date happen herself.

Old 03-11-2015, 05:52 PM

2,970 posts, read 2,774,921 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yankeesfans View Post
I feel like maybe I didn't notice this mind games when I wasn't that into her but know they're getting to me.

I do agree I'm a little impatient when things don't go absolutely perfect,
OP:

Regarding the bolded part in pink...

There is nothing perfect in this world.

There is no-one perfect in this world.

So there cannot be anything or anyone absolutely perfect either.

Old 03-11-2015, 06:01 PM

She has never flaked on a date either and obviously just implied the thought of me making her my girlfriend just last Saturday...

But still bothers me that she still playing this silly text games. What is her issue and what is the point of doing this?

Just to see what I'm made of and to see I'm not needy?

She literally text me "Baaaaaaae" yesterday and her second message was "Mwah!" which felt kinda good...but then she didn't reply to my message after than and didn't get that apology for falling asleep like in the past.

She's on her spring break vacation on his friend's mom house in Miami right now...but she still post a status on facebook.

Crap I over-think too much.

Good thing is that I have yet to show it though. My tone of voice in the phone and responses have been as relax as anyone can be.

Old 03-11-2015, 06:29 PM

bump

Old 03-11-2015, 06:39 PM

20,722 posts, read 16,418,465 times
Why don't you back off and let HER contact you first? Let her set up your next date. Or will you not be able to do that? There's obviously a chance she won't...or that you'll jump in before she does and then you'll have learned nothing. Give HER the chance to do something...and then move on - it's only been 4 dates.

Old 03-11-2015, 06:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by reneeh63 View Post
Why don't you back off and let HER contact you first? Let her set up your next date. Or will you not be able to do that? There's obviously a chance she won't...or that you'll jump in before she does and then you'll have learned nothing. Give HER the chance to do something...and then move on - it's only been 4 dates.
She's on vacation right now.

And she DID contact me first first last night with "Baaaaaaaeeee" followed by a kissing sound "Mwah".

So not sure what you're saying.

I'm waiting for her to comeback from Miami (She will be there for a week).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships