Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-07-2011, 04:14 PM

114 posts, read 214,360 times

Advertisements

Whew!@#$

The cynicism.....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-07-2011, 04:15 PM

5,987 posts, read 10,471,479 times
Maybe YOU can't get a date online, but I've had tremendous success with online dating. I think MOST guys have some success, while SOME don't have much or any.

Old 10-07-2011, 04:41 PM

2,444 posts, read 3,583,980 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by punkerjim View Post
never put all your eggs in one basket. if you're trying to date, don't rely ONLY on online dating.

i believe it was on here a couple of months ago that i read something to the effect that online dating has made women more selective because of the scale being drastically tipped in their favor (probably 5:1 ration of guys to girls)... so much so that the girl that would normally be considered a 6 or 7 now THINKS she's an 8 or 9 from all the attention she gets.

certainly there's nothing wrong with self esteem but, yes, all the woman that are doing online dating probably get hundreds of emails a day (ok, maybe 10 a day ) so it is very hard for males to stand out from the pack.
Doesn't all women 0-7 act like they're 8-9 regardless?

Old 10-07-2011, 05:30 PM

3,440 posts, read 5,717,968 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bson1257 View Post
It seems like most guys who use online dating will never get a date, even if they message 1000 different girls. If you are not very attractive and have a good paying job, most women wouldn't even bother with you. It seems like a waste of time and money for most guys since women can be extremely selective.
Because males have been dumbed down by western society.

Many males will come to reality sooner or later.

Many women on online dating sites are only there to get attention and many women on there already have boyfriends.

Women get most of the attention on online dating sites and they get off knowing so many men will send them hundreds of messages.

Old 10-07-2011, 05:34 PM

2,444 posts, read 3,583,980 times
Because men want women way more than women want men, this by the way is the universal answer to most sources of male frustration...

Old 10-07-2011, 07:29 PM

24,544 posts, read 56,060,466 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Repubocrat View Post
I have made a lot of female friends through online dating, few friends with benefits, and 2 short relationships. I use it as a backup but if you are not getting any responses, sorry to say but there is something wrong with you or your profile.

Most women on these websites are "broken goods", lots of losers, honestly, I have never met anyone who I would consider "long term relationship worthy" but it is fun!
Believe me it's tough for even an average looking guy. For every 100 messages I send I can seriously expect a success rate of 1 reply for every 10 I send out. And of those, maybe 1 is even interested in meeting up. I can count the number of times a girl has actually messsaged me, not including fakes.

Plenty of people are those online dating sites these days, but photos and profiles definitely can lie. I wouldn't say most women there are 'broken goods', some don't really take it that seriously. The ratio of overweight women you see on a typical dating site though is certainly alot higher than that in a fashionable nightclub or something.

Old 10-07-2011, 08:45 PM

37,617 posts, read 45,996,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TaoistDude View Post
Maybe YOU can't get a date online, but I've had tremendous success with online dating. I think MOST guys have some success, while SOME don't have much or any.
Yup. And those are the ones that start these types of threads. I suspect they don't have much luck with dating of any sort. So really, where is the problem? Hmmmm...

Old 10-07-2011, 11:58 PM

1,325 posts, read 2,920,389 times
OP, are you kidding me? I've had sex with over 20 women in the past 3-4 years from online sites alone. It's really not that difficult if you have something that stands out, such as a ripped body, handsome face, by indirectly letting women know that you make good money (like putting that you're a doctor/lawyer/dentist/investment banker, etc in your profile), or by appearing to be a really fun guy with a high quality social circle that many women would want to be a part of (put up some pics with you at a decent lounge/bar/club surrounded by good looking people of either gender). If you can manage to have just one of those four things going for you, you'll land a lot of dates (and plenty of sex) from online. However, the problem a lot of guys have is that they have none of the above going for them so they don't even get noticed.

That said, if you're a guy and you can't get any play from online, it's pretty much your fault. I understand that not everyone can have a great face or make 6 figures (or more), but it's pretty easy to hit the gym regularly and get ripped, wear nice clothes, keep good skin care, keep your hair cut regularly, adopt an alpha attitude, and develop a pretty decent social circle over, say, a 2-3 year period.

Last edited by bicoastal10; 10-08-2011 at 12:14 AM..

Old 10-08-2011, 12:18 AM

5,730 posts, read 10,127,514 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bson1257 View Post
It seems like most guys who use online dating will never get a date, even if they message 1000 different girls. If you are not very attractive and have a good paying job, most women wouldn't even bother with you. It seems like a waste of time and money for most guys since women can be extremely selective.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trimac20 View Post
Believe me it's tough for even an average looking guy. For every 100 messages I send I can seriously expect a success rate of 1 reply for every 10 I send out. And of those, maybe 1 is even interested in meeting up. I can count the number of times a girl has actually messsaged me, not including fakes.

Plenty of people are those online dating sites these days, but photos and profiles definitely can lie. I wouldn't say most women there are 'broken goods', some don't really take it that seriously. The ratio of overweight women you see on a typical dating site though is certainly alot higher than that in a fashionable nightclub or something.

LOL, NO!

Did I (Havn't looked online in months now) send out alot more than I got responses to?

Sure.

Was my suscess rate WAAAY higher than 1:100
Sure

IS the Young woman I'm seeing now attractive, intelligent, A PHD candidate, etc...

Sure.

Do women do 'the online thing' because they don't know anyone, or don't have lots of time, or want to expand past their social circle?

Sure.

Are these 2 (And others) Bitter, and basing their statements on personal failure?

Sure.

As to why I did it... simple... same as the women.
Didn't know many people, it increased my odds, and it's easy.

My Godchildren's parents met online. Many do nowadays.
Welcome to the 21st century.

Old 10-08-2011, 12:23 AM

1,841 posts, read 3,173,928 times
Quote:
I have made a lot of female friends through online dating, few friends with benefits, and 2 short relationships. I use it as a backup but if you are not getting any responses, sorry to say but there is something wrong with you or your profile.

Most women on these websites are "broken goods", lots of losers, honestly, I have never met anyone who I would consider "long term relationship worthy" but it is fun!
broken goods? What have you been attracting or are cointacting?

Quote:
Exactly! My "broken goods" theory is: If you are a somewhat attractive woman with good social skills, a good group of friends, mentally stable, you probably would not have to be on an online site to find a guy!

If you see a woman who is really attractive on an online dating site, you better believe, she is an emotional mess!

Like Pimpy said, online dating works well if you are a guy looking for casual sex, a fling, or a short term deal, in my opinion
lmao! Pot meet kettle..!
First of all some women have careers and children and are not bar flys...sex can be gained at the local pub period and end of story so if you questioned this before? I just laid some of the theories to rest...it is called a busy life style and being able to sift through most of the bs...
hmmm what makes me think you are not damaged? lmao..exactly...
So by your gross admission you are what most GOOD women try and avoid..the usual robot who states what is needed and is really after a smash n dash...so shallow and predictable..which leads me to my idealogy..which states some people men and women need to come with warning labels...

Quote:
Originally Posted by SVTRay View Post
I know several friend's who have met people online and ended up marring.
So have I ...attended one in 2010 and another 7 months ago..and another friend is engaged...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships