Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-11-2011, 08:02 PM

1,140 posts, read 2,138,067 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by elamigo View Post
Afraid of approaching them? Why? I admit it is beyond me why people shy away from talking with good looking people. In the end they do have their own issues. There are many hot women that look themselves in the mirror and think they are not that hot. So when you see them realize they have the same concerns even though to you or others may not think so, take care.

Not all, I get on better with good looking women, and good looking people in general - there is less attitude and jealousy from them, there more happy - its the less attractive you have to worry about - there spiteful and jealous of the good looking people. Its like being in special club, where only certain people get admitted - I know I can look at a woman - we both know we are part of that club - she knows it, I know it - and then we have pretend to be equal with the less attractive. I only wish there were more truly attractive women around me.

I do think that good looking people, surrounded by less attractive are somewhat discriminated against, particuarly women, and even men as well, in the workplace mostly.

Also i don't like the description of woman as "hot" - hot implies sexual, or dressing to look hot - I am talking about genuine good looks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-11-2011, 08:35 PM

12,671 posts, read 23,797,747 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 80SC View Post
If you see a person who's extraordinarily beautiful/handsome are you afraid to approach or talk to them? I've been present on numerous occassions when such individuals bemoan never being approached and going home alone from the bars.

What's been your experience?

Has
Not at all. They are not any better then me. This goes for celebrities also.
no one approaching that woman or man in there?

Old 10-11-2011, 10:08 PM

541 posts, read 940,916 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 80SC View Post
If you see a person who's extraordinarily beautiful/handsome are you afraid to approach or talk to them? I've been present on numerous occassions when such individuals bemoan never being approached and going home alone from the bars.

What's been your experience?

Has

Yeah I would never go after a guy that was so beautiful/ handsome especially if he knows he is all that. In high school, I have actually gone up to a random beauiftul guy and asked him what his name was. 2 weeks later, I asked for his #. He was so nice about it even though I was too eager. I did that 1 more time. I dont regret it. It was a little embarrasing though. If he was nice and not cocky I will definately give him a holler. I havent gone up randomly to a guy and talked him. I havent done that in years.

Old 10-11-2011, 10:17 PM

8,276 posts, read 12,853,744 times
no, and if they want I might even consider going out with them as long as they stay attractive with their mouths open.

Old 10-11-2011, 10:26 PM

268 posts, read 817,160 times
I would have no problem talking to a pretty woman. No doubt she would probably think of me as creepy because I'm ugly, so why make her uncomfortable. So I just wouldn't approach in the first place.

Old 10-11-2011, 11:33 PM

376 posts, read 665,112 times
well, if i'm attracted to them, yeah.

Old 10-12-2011, 01:01 AM

1,801 posts, read 3,552,822 times
I don't. When I was a little girl, if I saw someone whom I thought was extremely beautiful, I always approached him/her and tried to make friends lol (successfully, as we were all children looking for new friends and games). I approached all sort of children whom I perceived as interesting in any way (smart children, mysterious children, extraordinarily nice children... ). I just wanted to get to know them.

Then, as a teen, I simply kept doing that. A "no fear" policy usually works with people, so no, never been intimidated. And if I've ever been, I've let go of the feeling and I've gone ahead all the same! Being impulsive isn't always a curse

One more thing: I've never had specific expectations when I approached someone beautiful, beyond making conversation. This may or may not lead to other things, but people who believe that just by being daring they'll be able to sleep with anyone should think twice!

Old 10-12-2011, 03:18 AM

18,270 posts, read 14,422,191 times
If left to my own devices (nobody introduced them to me), I wouldn't talk to anybody - pretty or ugly. I'm too shy, in general. However, unattractive people make me nervous.

Old 10-12-2011, 05:10 AM

3,631 posts, read 10,230,788 times
yeah, I am, even though I know it's stupid.

Old 10-12-2011, 08:12 AM

7,507 posts, read 4,396,941 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeyking View Post
Not all, I get on better with good looking women, and good looking people in general - there is less attitude and jealousy from them, there more happy - its the less attractive you have to worry about - there spiteful and jealous of the good looking people. Its like being in special club, where only certain people get admitted - I know I can look at a woman - we both know we are part of that club - she knows it, I know it - and then we have pretend to be equal with the less attractive. I only wish there were more truly attractive women around me.

I do think that good looking people, surrounded by less attractive are somewhat discriminated against, particuarly women, and even men as well, in the workplace mostly.

Also i don't like the description of woman as "hot" - hot implies sexual, or dressing to look hot - I am talking about genuine good looks.
Uh yeah...That's because they know they are either good looking or get praised all the time. Sometimes the longer I look at a particular beautiful person, the less they become attractive to me. Looks are only looks. Beauty does not always equal to happiness. It can be that happiness = beauty.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships