Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-12-2011, 08:20 AM

864 posts, read 1,450,890 times

Advertisements

Nope, not at all!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-12-2011, 08:24 AM

5,139 posts, read 12,690,042 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 80SC View Post
If you see a person who's extraordinarily beautiful/handsome are you afraid to approach or talk to them? I've been present on numerous occassions when such individuals bemoan never being approached and going home alone from the bars.

What's been your experience?

Has
I prefer them. I really only like the calm and centered ones though that know they are good looking and don't use it to manipulate people. I like the girls for exchanging silly beauty stuff and actually be able to be honest on shallow points instead of speaking like you are running for sainthood. I like the guys for the way you can tease each other and make rude jokes and they still laugh about it because they are not insecure. Most beautiful people I know have had life experience that adds to the beauty of the flesh and that is fun to share. Its just little things like that.

Sometimes regular people leave me feeling sour. They seem to be more pessimistic, lack life experience, prone to staying down when down, don't laugh or love enough. It just has this limbo feeling like they are waiting for something to happen.

I have quite the soft spots for ugly goofs. I love it when people act beautiful and fill your day with laughter and enjoyment without being all caught up on those average problem. They know they are ugly and they make themselves beautiful by being beautiful with personal energy.

I like this lecture on beauty:

Richard Seymour: How beauty feels - YouTube

Old 10-12-2011, 08:49 AM

3,494 posts, read 4,541,090 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeyking View Post
Not all, I get on better with good looking women, and good looking people in general - there is less attitude and jealousy from them, there more happy - its the less attractive you have to worry about - there spiteful and jealous of the good looking people. Its like being in special club, where only certain people get admitted - I know I can look at a woman - we both know we are part of that club - she knows it, I know it - and then we have pretend to be equal with the less attractive. I only wish there were more truly attractive women around me.

I do think that good looking people, surrounded by less attractive are somewhat discriminated against, particuarly women, and even men as well, in the workplace mostly.

Also i don't like the description of woman as "hot" - hot implies sexual, or dressing to look hot - I am talking about genuine good looks.
Good points and I agree with much of what you say. As far as the term hot is simply another way of saying a woman may be prettier than normal, gorgeos? Implies sexual? Women are sexual beings just as men are. What is wrong with that? Sexuality is part of all human beings and there is nothing wrong with recognizing that part. Because I think a woman is hot does not mean I want to make with her. I love my wife very much and would not jeopardize my relationship with another woman no matter how hot she may be. When my wife may say some guy on TV or on the street looks hot I do not take offense to that. She simply recognizing his good looks also. I am not insecure at all when it comes to that. Take care.

Old 10-12-2011, 11:26 AM

5,987 posts, read 10,449,069 times
I was somewhat intimidated when I was younger. Now, I'm not. I am still an introvert so don't easily approach just anyone, but beauty alone is not an impediment. I was at an event recently where I asked a much younger professional dancer and bikini model to dance a few times, and had a good time.

Old 10-12-2011, 11:28 AM

8,262 posts, read 18,452,468 times
No. I do not intimidate myself!

Old 10-12-2011, 11:32 AM

5,886 posts, read 10,500,519 times
Theres no reason to be intimidated by me

Old 10-12-2011, 11:45 AM

3,187 posts, read 5,139,093 times
I think almost everybody has been itimidated at one time or another. And if they say they never have,--I personally think that they are lieing. Almost every girl I ever got with (not one night stands, I'm talking boyfriend/girlfriend) either I or her was intimidated at first. I think most of us can tell sometimes. Wheather it was me or them, atleast when severe attraction is involved their is some intimidation. I think it stems from fear of rejection. You just have to push through it, because doing nothing gets you knowwhere. Basically, I am shy by nature. However, you would never have known it, because I don't let it get in the way. I figured a long time ago, no guts no glory. Fake it til you make it. That sort of thing. The more you talk to girls the easier it gets..

Plus, and this is a side note. Usually very good looking people are used to people going up to them. There not always used to doing the pursuing. And when they do do it, most likely the person their pursuing is very good looking too, so this can cause a bit of hesitation. Especially if their not used to being the pursuer. .

Old 10-12-2011, 11:58 AM

3,516 posts, read 6,769,913 times
Most of the traditionally attractive men I've met have been pretty worthless. The kind you could imagine seeing in a Calvin Klein ad know they're good-looking and tend to have ****ty personalities because of it. They're not always the brightest crayons in the box, either.

When I know a guy is intimidatingly beautiful, I usually relax because I realize it's pretty unlikely he'll be interested in me. I'm no dog, but I'm not a typical sort of beauty so if I don't have to worry about impressing the lovely creature in front of me, I can have an actual conversation with them instead.

Old 10-12-2011, 12:12 PM

8,012 posts, read 8,185,561 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by supermanpansy View Post
I think almost everybody has been itimidated at one time or another. And if they say they never have,--I personally think that they are lieing. Almost every girl I ever got with (not one night stands, I'm talking boyfriend/girlfriend) either I or her was intimidated at first. I think most of us can tell sometimes. Wheather it was me or them, atleast when severe attraction is involved their is some intimidation. I think it stems from fear of rejection. You just have to push through it, because doing nothing gets you knowwhere. Basically, I am shy by nature. However, you would never have known it, because I don't let it get in the way. I figured a long time ago, no guts no glory. Fake it til you make it. That sort of thing. The more you talk to girls the easier it gets..

Plus, and this is a side note. Usually very good looking people are used to people going up to them. There not always used to doing the pursuing. And when they do do it, most likely the person their pursuing is very good looking too, so this can cause a bit of hesitation. Especially if their not used to being the pursuer. .
Doing nothing keeps you from being rejected.

Old 10-12-2011, 12:50 PM

Location: where people are either too stupid to leave or too stuck to move
3,982 posts, read 6,675,416 times
yes i am
but then again i have low self esteem
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships