Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-12-2011, 12:54 PM

41,479 posts, read 59,765,227 times

Advertisements

I have not been intimidated for a very long time. I love to meet beautiful women. There is frequently a lonely person inside tired of people that never get beyond the looks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-19-2011, 07:43 PM

4,045 posts, read 4,427,941 times
I've seen the guys most beautiful women go for and it ain't me;

Old 10-19-2011, 08:27 PM

1,192 posts, read 1,810,470 times
Im one if them ha...

Old 10-19-2011, 08:30 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,143,589 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetchas View Post
Im one if them ha...
Is that supposed to answer the question or is it time for a commercial break?

Old 10-19-2011, 08:33 PM

2,472 posts, read 3,197,141 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 80SC View Post
If you see a person who's extraordinarily beautiful/handsome are you afraid to approach or talk to them? I've been present on numerous occassions when such individuals bemoan never being approached and going home alone from the bars.

What's been your experience?

Has
Not crippling intimidation, and if anything, I want to be around them more, that's natural.

Old 10-19-2011, 09:11 PM

591 posts, read 866,122 times
OK, when young I had thin skin so approaching anoyone who turned me down hurt, but after living a few years I can state that my personal experience has been:

A) some 10's used that against other people to control them/play with their emotions (c*cteasings-putdowns-humiliations)
B) some had an attitude that you're only interacting because they're hot (i.e. the typical man-hater or woman hater)
C) some honestly had low-self opinion, yet were super-sensitive to people staring (or what they took to be a stare which wasn't); OR they did not believe in themselves and needed psychiatric help that was gonna get in the way of actually getting to know them
D) some realized what they had and only responded to others who were just as hot or hotter, in other words you were treated like you didn't exist or were wasting their time (the 'you're out of my league' look)
E) the remaining 5% normal ones were so rare you couldn't believe they were normal (more like you couldn't trust that they actually were), so you, after all the other bad experiences, walked away without saying hi to save yourself emotional turmoil, some of which might be self-created by your own issue of wondering whether they could remain satisfied in a relationship with you, the guy who has 7.5 looks.

That's my personal experience.

Old 10-20-2011, 05:12 AM

268 posts, read 817,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doctor Blues View Post
OK, when young I had thin skin so approaching anoyone who turned me down hurt, but after living a few years I can state that my personal experience has been:

A) some 10's used that against other people to control them/play with their emotions (c*cteasings-putdowns-humiliations)
B) some had an attitude that you're only interacting because they're hot (i.e. the typical man-hater or woman hater)
C) some honestly had low-self opinion, yet were super-sensitive to people staring (or what they took to be a stare which wasn't); OR they did not believe in themselves and needed psychiatric help that was gonna get in the way of actually getting to know them
D) some realized what they had and only responded to others who were just as hot or hotter, in other words you were treated like you didn't exist or were wasting their time (the 'you're out of my league' look)
E) the remaining 5% normal ones were so rare you couldn't believe they were normal (more like you couldn't trust that they actually were), so you, after all the other bad experiences, walked away without saying hi to save yourself emotional turmoil, some of which might be self-created by your own issue of wondering whether they could remain satisfied in a relationship with you, the guy who has 7.5 looks.

That's my personal experience.

True, 5% normal has been my observation too. I've often wonder how it must be to be so pretty yet waiting forever for the wealthy Brad Pitt look a like. I feel sorry for them.

Old 10-20-2011, 05:20 AM

13,026 posts, read 24,622,555 times
I have never been intimidated by looks and would have no problem approaching either male or female "perfect 10s". A human being is a human being, I don't see how their looks should inhibit me.

Brains, now that I find incredibly intimidating. I have been in the presence of super brainy people and it does make me a lot shyer ( which I am naturally to begin with) because it impresses me and makes me a feel a lot "smaller". I would still engage in conversation but would feel really quite worried about appearing like an intellectual midget to them and saying something stupid or ignorant.

Looks to me have never been anything that special. If someone who is totally gorgeous but seems like a decent human being is there I will quite happily chat to them. If they look conceited and like jerks then it's a total turn off and contact would not be something which I would desire anyway.

Brains always trump looks IMO. No contest.

Old 10-20-2011, 05:27 AM

24,544 posts, read 56,037,872 times
I freely admit that if I'm out at a club or something, I sometimes do feel intimidated by beautiful women, but only because I have that instant attraction to them and they are the ones I am eyeing up/wanting to approach. I feel less intimidated talking to less attractive women because there's less pressure on me.

Old 10-20-2011, 07:25 AM

1,904 posts, read 2,986,733 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
Is that supposed to answer the question or is it time for a commercial break?
How bout, "Looking in mirror scares me ****less." How's that?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships