Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-11-2011, 05:20 PM

8 posts, read 9,297 times

Advertisements

I have spent over 7 months on Match and finally found 2 girls that I have been casually dating but have not gotten serious with (a peck on the lips at most)... I have been going back and forth with the 2 for a couple months now but dating is at most once a week sometimes a couple weeks between, mainly my due to my choosing. They both are very interested in me but obviously I will have to choose one.

I am trying to be a gentleman about this whole ordeal but I chose to date 2 girls at once because in my 7+ months of Match I have learned not to put all eggs into a basket with one girl. I distanced myself far enough from both so they dont feel as if I have committed to them yet I still give them my attention and I am genuinely interested in both.

Problem is I think i have some sort of phobia of hurting people's feelings and I feel guilty now because I will have to break it off with one of these lovely girls. They are both so nice and sweet I don't know how to approach this situation. I have no idea if they are seeing others as well but it is entirely possible.

Please I could use some advice. I'm just trying to do the right thing as painlessly as possible.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-11-2011, 05:30 PM

1,549 posts, read 4,256,869 times
Which one has the qualities you like the most...the one you can potentially see yourself settling down with, the one that your heart cares for the most..

Old 10-12-2011, 08:17 AM

6,032 posts, read 9,210,341 times
Sounds like an expensive undertaking too......

Old 10-12-2011, 09:49 AM

1,197 posts, read 2,278,650 times
If you met them on match.com then they should have some experience in getting dumped. I don't mean that to sound harsh, but it's the truth. Leading them on is much worse than being honest with them. If there is not much separating them, and you could see yourself with either of them long-term, then I would have a talk with both of them about their feelings. You may find that one of them is not as interested in you as you think.

Old 10-12-2011, 10:23 AM

5,139 posts, read 12,710,836 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyKLO View Post
Which one has the qualities you like the most...the one you can potentially see yourself settling down with, the one that your heart cares for the most..
This.

Old 10-13-2011, 09:37 AM

13,511 posts, read 19,276,876 times
LadyKLO is right....you need to decide soon though....if you're really wanting to cause less pain/hurt.

Old 10-13-2011, 09:51 AM

2,336 posts, read 7,028,777 times
Seven months PAYING for a dating site and you've barely made it to first base? As Chris Berman and the guys say on ESPN.... "C'MON MAN!!!!!!"

I only use the free dating sites, and each time I activate a profile I consider it a failure if I haven't SCORED within a week. Forget about a peck on the lips.

My advice is to drop both of these chicks and start from scratch with a whole new mindset. Step up your game and swing at every pitch. Soon you'll have TEN chicks you're trying to choose between. That's the spot you want to be in!

Old 10-13-2011, 09:58 AM

24,544 posts, read 56,047,835 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pimpy View Post
Seven months PAYING for a dating site and you've barely made it to first base? As Chris Berman and the guys say on ESPN.... "C'MON MAN!!!!!!"

I only use the free dating sites, and each time I activate a profile I consider it a failure if I haven't SCORED within a week. Forget about a peck on the lips.

My advice is to drop both of these chicks and start from scratch with a whole new mindset. Step up your game and swing at every pitch. Soon you'll have TEN chicks you're trying to choose between. That's the spot you want to be in!
Not everyone has your good looks and charm, Romeo . It's tough going for us mere mortals.

Old 10-13-2011, 10:02 AM

2,112 posts, read 2,696,686 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pimpy View Post

I don't think the OP is looking for 10 women to choose between. He's already having enough trouble with 2. Plus, he sounds like too much of a gentleman for that sort of behavior.

LadyLKO has very helpful advice, OP. Perhaps it's time to step back and think about those qualities.

Old 10-13-2011, 10:34 AM

7,372 posts, read 14,677,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mchip86 View Post

Problem is I think i have some sort of phobia of hurting people's feelings and I feel guilty now because I will have to break it off with one of these lovely girls.
It gets easier. I dont see why you have to break it off with one though. Its not like you are proposing marriage. 2 is better than 1
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships