Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-30-2010, 01:36 PM

4,866 posts, read 5,692,182 times

Advertisements

Well, we went to our counseling and he told the therapist he was NEVER in love with me and he was sweet to me when he needed someone to talk to.

We got home and he called me a stupid b**** which didn't hurt me as much as it made me angry because I've been the breadwinner for 7 months now. He has no job.

Needless to say I feel used. If he wasn't in love with me, why did he marry me? I never put pressure on him. If he felt like we weren't right for each other why did he lead me on?

I told him to go live with his mom because I don't want him living with me. It seems to me he just wants a free ride.

So now we're getting divorced. We have no children, just some furniture we paid for together and a dog.

I don't even know where to start... I don't think I can afford a lawyer.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-30-2010, 01:38 PM

2,191 posts, read 4,817,736 times
I'm guessing you're a military couple in which case I won't tell you "I told ya so". He sounds like a big mental POS and you should be lucky you don't have any kids together.

Old 01-30-2010, 01:42 PM

16,223 posts, read 25,723,675 times
I am so sorry to hear about the end result.
On the positive side though, at least he was upfront with his feelings instead of stringing this out any longer. I know that one had to be a very hard blow, but I am glad that you told him to move on.
The "free ride" is over. Obviously, it will take time to get back on your feet, but you seem strong willed! Stay strong!

Old 01-30-2010, 01:44 PM

530 posts, read 781,481 times
I am sorry to if you are feeling upset, but I think you will see it is going to be better for you in the long run. Good luck

Old 01-30-2010, 01:45 PM

11,169 posts, read 10,668,786 times
I have no idea what motivates people to do what they do - I still cannot even figure out my own ex-husband. I am very sorry that you are in the situation. It did make me feel better, however, before I left, to screw my ex right back, I cut a few gaping holes in the crotches of his boxers and pants. I was just a bit salty at that moment. Maybe that will force your soon-to-be ex to go get a job to replenish the supply.

Old 01-30-2010, 01:46 PM

2,191 posts, read 4,817,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yankeegirl313 View Post
Stay strong!
Just make sure its not Army Strong!

Old 01-30-2010, 01:46 PM

52,417 posts, read 52,935,398 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KickAssArmyChick View Post
Well, we went to our counseling and he told the therapist he was NEVER in love with me and he was sweet to me when he needed someone to talk to.

We got home and he called me a stupid b**** which didn't hurt me as much as it made me angry because I've been the breadwinner for 7 months now. He has no job.

Needless to say I feel used. If he wasn't in love with me, why did he marry me? I never put pressure on him. If he felt like we weren't right for each other why did he lead me on?

I told him to go live with his mom because I don't want him living with me. It seems to me he just wants a free ride.

So now we're getting divorced. We have no children, just some furniture we paid for together and a dog.

Really sorry to hear this.

Breaking up is a Mo Fo.

You'll be alright... eventually.

Old 01-30-2010, 01:47 PM

4,866 posts, read 5,692,182 times
I am not sad it's over.

I just feel used because he said he has never felt anything for me. He waited 2 years to tell me this? I think it's funny that the day after I told him that I didn't like how he treats me and that maybe things just weren't meant to be, he went and enrolled in college. He never did jack sh*t up until that day. Had been sitting on his as$ for months...

I can't believe I married him. I can't believe I made so many excuses for his lack of respect and consideration towards me.

He never deserved me.

Old 01-30-2010, 01:47 PM

3,277 posts, read 3,537,072 times
Quote:

Doesn't sound like you would be in need of much legal assistance from what little you have told us.

Old 01-30-2010, 01:55 PM

52,417 posts, read 52,935,398 times
Quote:

He never deserved me.
I'm sure he didn't.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships