Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-27-2011, 05:03 PM

15,714 posts, read 21,097,044 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
Who does...?! It'll be tough tomorrow. At least I have 9 days to look forward to in less than a month.
Christmas vacation?

My husband is counting down...lol, I'm not!

Old 11-27-2011, 05:05 PM

17,869 posts, read 21,023,505 times
Quote:
Who does...?! It'll be tough tomorrow. At least I have 9 days to look forward to in less than a month.
Yup, I"m taking a few more days off at the beginning of January so I get my Bday off and the day after. I can't wait for that!

Quote:
Originally Posted by justthe6ofus View Post
Me either!

He said most of the people in there didn't even look like it was an "emergency"...no blood, no pain...just hanging out waiting their turn.
I agree, unless I"m bleeding badly or I have a broken bone, I won't even think about the ER! And I've never broken a bone before!

Old 11-27-2011, 05:06 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,243,919 times
Quote:
Me either!

He said most of the people in there didn't even look like it was an "emergency"...no blood, no pain...just hanging out waiting their turn.
What's wrong with your kid?

Old 11-27-2011, 05:11 PM

Quote:
What's wrong with your kid?
Fever, belly pain, vomiting after she eats...she was dehydrated last night but doesn't seem to be now.

They diagnosed her with a UTI because she had white blood cells spilling into her urine. They gave her meds for it and sent her home. They were going to run a cat scan to check for apendicitis but didn't want to unless absolutely necessary because of the radiation exposure. Told us to keep an eye on her and if it gets worse to come right back.

Her pain and fever have gotten a little better with motrin but comes back when it wears off. She still can't keep anything down though so she's pretty lethargic.

Old 11-27-2011, 05:30 PM

Quote:
Fever, belly pain, vomiting after she eats...she was dehydrated last night but doesn't seem to be now.

They diagnosed her with a UTI because she had white blood cells spilling into her urine. They gave her meds for it and sent her home. They were going to run a cat scan to check for apendicitis but didn't want to unless absolutely necessary because of the radiation exposure. Told us to keep an eye on her and if it gets worse to come right back.

Her pain and fever have gotten a little better with motrin but comes back when it wears off. She still can't keep anything down though so she's pretty lethargic.
That sounds more like Montezuma revenge. It'll go away.

I can't believe the idiots try every excuse to run CAT scan! Appendicitis starts with such sharp pain, there's certainly no need for a scan to detect it.

Old 11-27-2011, 05:34 PM

Quote:

I can't believe the idiots try every excuse to run CAT scan! Appendicitis starts with such sharp pain, there's certainly no need for a scan to detect it.
She was in pretty rough shape last night. She couldn't stand up straight and she didn't want anyone touching her abdomen...husband said she kicked the doctor when they did...lol

However, I'm with you. I would avoid a cat scan at all costs unless absolutely necessary.

Old 11-27-2011, 05:37 PM

9,000 posts, read 10,194,488 times
Quote:

You know that's why they call it wealthcare, not healthcare. All about the $$$. Any chance they can get to jack your bill up- they'll take it Btw, I'm not addressing this to only Sierra, for whoever left me that message; it's just a comment about anyone who goes to the e.r. to be ready for unnecessary tests

Old 11-27-2011, 05:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe007 View Post
You know that's why they call it wealthcare, not healthcare. All about the $$$. Any chance they can get to jack your bill up- they'll take it
Oh, no argument from me here. They actually call it sickcare - keeping you in a semi-alive state suitable for slaving away only. That's not just about money, though. I wouldn't do it even if it were free.

Old 11-27-2011, 05:49 PM

7,126 posts, read 8,670,330 times
Usually they can rule out the appendix by pressing on abdomen and waiting for the rebound pain that follows...when the doctor presses then removes his hand pressure the pain that follows indicates appendicitis or not!!It's awful when our kids are sick!!!Hang in there!!

Old 11-27-2011, 05:51 PM

9,000 posts, read 10,194,488 times
Quote:
Oh, no argument from me here. They actually call it sickcare - keeping you in a semi-alive state suitable for slaving away only. That's not just about money, though. I wouldn't do it even if it were free.
I absolutely agree I almost never go to the doc; only for injuries....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships