Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-10-2011, 04:58 PM

114 posts, read 191,427 times

Advertisements

I used to work with a guy who had a thing for me but I didn't want to deal with all the potential problems of the office romance. Plus we worked at a place where no one seemed to ever do anything but waste time and gossip. Long story short, I rejected him as gently as possible but he continued to pursue me and everyone in our department was generally aware of the situation. Eventually he started to hate me and blame me for rejecting him. Our department was about 90% men and he was able to make me out to be the villain, so it became very hard to get my co-worker's cooperation on work projects. This workplace was always poorly managed and still operates in the red so working there was never very rewarding, but the experience with this guy made working there so stressful, an absolute living hell.

Currently I would run from any possibility of a work romance and I would recommend documenting any interactions you have with anyone who tries to start one up. Most people aren't as vindictive as this guy and most companies aren't as poorly managed, but you never know and if you get caught in something like I experienced you will want/need the documentation.

Good luck and as others have said, "don't shyt where you eat"!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-10-2011, 05:11 PM
Ep-

2,080 posts, read 4,170,141 times
id go for it

then again i dont like my job anyways

and break ups never seem to bother me all that much. id still walk by and smile.

which would prob just **** the girl off

Old 11-10-2011, 05:30 PM

5,419 posts, read 9,197,174 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by smalltowngirl25 View Post
Recently I just started working third shift at this job I've had for over 2 yrs. It seems I have a lot of time on my hands during work. Anyway, there's a guy that works there. We've gotten to know each other. Though we don't have much in common, we get along really well. Recently he asked if I wanted to get together with him after work. Should I and does this mean he is interested or just wants to get together as friends?
Maybe you don't THINK you have much in common because you've never met up with him outside work? I'd go for it if I were you, sounds like it could be fun, even if it ends up being "just friends" (God, I hate that term....)

Old 11-10-2011, 06:10 PM

1,192 posts, read 1,810,953 times
Don't sh*t where you eat, don't do it.

Old 11-10-2011, 06:11 PM

30,253 posts, read 23,737,137 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by smalltowngirl25 View Post
I like my job, but I'm not really going to stay here forever. I'm going to school for something else and hopefully will get a job doing that. Besides, I hate the third shift hours. However I really want to keep my job right now. I wasn't necessarily thinking of romance, but perhaps just as friends.
Beware the gossiping hens.

Let's say you do this, as friends. You just hang out after work, as friends. Totally innocent, you're just friends.

Got any gossiping hens at work? Middle aged women who are bored with their lives and have no hobbies so they feel the need to talk crap about other girls there, get in their business, make **** up, flat out lie, just to stir the pot?

If you do, it doesn't matter if you go out as friends, totally innocent, just for fun. When they get done with you, you'll have "banged" the entire male staff.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships