U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-08-2011, 12:31 AM

550 posts, read 921,463 times

Advertisements

Recently I just started working third shift at this job I've had for over 2 yrs. It seems I have a lot of time on my hands during work. Anyway, there's a guy that works there. We've gotten to know each other. Though we don't have much in common, we get along really well. Recently he asked if I wanted to get together with him after work. Should I and does this mean he is interested or just wants to get together as friends?
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-08-2011, 06:33 AM

24,669 posts, read 65,448,548 times
Not sure what you mean when you say, "Though we don't have much in common, we get along really well" ... As far as his intentions are concerned, who knows? Whether you should or not is up to you and whether or not you want to. Easiest way is to say, "How about we grab a cup of coffee after work?" and then do exactly that and no more. Should add that if it heads in a more serious direction than a work friendship, it's generally a bad idea to date a coworker ...

Old 11-08-2011, 06:38 AM

19,362 posts, read 24,959,368 times
Don't shyt where you eat

Old 11-08-2011, 06:39 AM

2,495 posts, read 4,098,132 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by himain View Post
Don't shyt where you eat
A simply rule that keeps getting ignored and often results in job loss and unnecessary heartache. smh

Old 11-08-2011, 06:44 AM

4,940 posts, read 10,150,869 times
-He--like every other good old fashioned American horndog--is trying to get into your panties.
Let him in.

If it's no good, you can at least enjoy the drama you created during your normal 8 hour shift.
Makes for good water cooler talk.

Old 11-08-2011, 06:48 AM

2,495 posts, read 4,098,132 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StaggerLee22 View Post
-He--like every other good old fashioned American horndog--is trying to get into your panties.
Let him in.

If it's no good, you can at least enjoy the drama you created during your normal 8 hour shift.
Makes for good water cooler talk.
lol @ highlighted texts

Old 11-08-2011, 08:23 AM

832 posts, read 1,552,704 times
I started that drama almost two years ago. I liked a coworker very much and everyone knew about it. I made the mistake of confiding in a manager about it! Huge mistake! Should have kept my mouth shut. People enjoyed gossiping about it, which I hate because I try to be a very quiet person. As much as I liked him, I couldn't have a relationship with him. Even though we never had a relationship, not even as friends, the tension continues. I don't regret "walking away" from him, but I do regret expressing my feelings as I did at that time. Things won't be "back to normal." He's there every night.

What I mean by this is whatever you do in your situation, and however it turns out between you and your coworker, just be ready for people to talk and speculate (no matter how subtle you think you're being) and be ready for tension/uneasiness.

I hope you don't care about your job much and you can leave it without much inconvenience. Sorry to say.

Old 11-08-2011, 04:55 PM

538 posts, read 1,431,327 times
Okay, peeps, OP is talking about a job that does shift work...she isn't talking about damaging a long-time career here...

Go out with him.

Tonight...er...tomorrow morning, or whatever.

Old 11-08-2011, 04:59 PM

2,366 posts, read 3,277,331 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by smalltowngirl25 View Post
Recently I just started working third shift at this job I've had for over 2 yrs. It seems I have a lot of time on my hands during work. Anyway, there's a guy that works there. We've gotten to know each other. Though we don't have much in common, we get along really well. Recently he asked if I wanted to get together with him after work. Should I and does this mean he is interested or just wants to get together as friends?
He wants to bone you.
You could always try him out, he might be good.

Old 11-08-2011, 05:03 PM

27,357 posts, read 20,505,017 times
Do what you want but I would advise that you follow the advice given earlier...you don't sh** where you eat. Even if it isn't a long time career, it can make your job suck while you're at it. If you don't care about your job, go ahead.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships