Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-27-2007, 01:54 PM

95 posts, read 503,317 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by John stanman View Post
My wife has ADHD and she has strong changeable mood swings and another known symtoms for people with ADHD is to ignore details; makes careless mistakes.
I wonder if anyone has been experiencing this being a problem when it comes to being Faithful to your partner. Would be great if both parts could answer this question. The person with ADHD and the person that's being cheated on

-John
Huh?

ADD or ADHD has nothing to do with a lack of integrity! There is a difference between being distracted and ignoring items. If a conversation is boring after a few minutes, you will loose the full attention of someone with ADD/ADHD.

I feel that a female with Integrity as someone who has Honesty, Loyalty and Trust.

Women tend to have 'mood swings' more than men, but aunt flow is not always to reason for this either.

Faithful and flaky are not synonyms.

Seriously, this has been rationized and the plot makes little sense. Serve her with papers and get divorced. When they cheat, loyalty doesn't exist.

Alcohol can make people tired, 'calm down' to an extent. It's a depressant!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-27-2007, 06:51 PM

1,833 posts, read 6,426,109 times
I have ADHD and Dyslexia I don't abuse alcohol or cheat on my wife, I don't have mood swings as it's not a symptoms of ADHD. Your wife being female is reason enough for mood swings, however I'm not female but I have house full of them, some with ADHD too. So it doesn't sound like ADHD to me, sound more like BS. I'd have to say she is nothing more than your everyday unfaithful cheater. Just my opinion.

Old 08-28-2007, 06:43 AM

2,349 posts, read 10,654,480 times
My ex was a chronic cheater for most of his life. He abused weed, spent money like crazy, would be a total A-HOLE one minute then ask what I wanted for dinner the next. I drove me crazy and drove me away. He had NO impulse control period. 3 years after we seperated he was diagnosed ADD/ADHD. I am not saying this was the cause of his problems but it may be linked. His father was also a cheating money blowing jerk so I just can't say for sure. Nature, nurture or ADHD? lol

Old 08-28-2007, 07:24 AM

28,892 posts, read 30,262,451 times
I agree with everyone else here John...ADHD is not about cheating...if it isn't in someone to do, they wouldn't do it yanno, it's about morals and self respect...if a person does not have that, they don't have respect for anyone else. And ADHD, is not about that John....

Old 05-31-2008, 11:10 AM

13 posts, read 42,885 times
I have adhd and am 50, been suffering until 3 years ago our brains live in there own world, I am out here to give back and help. Love and natural meds helped me and am on a mission. hang in a do research

Old 05-31-2008, 12:15 PM

820 posts, read 2,868,428 times
ADHD does not equal cheating. That is not an excuse and has nothing to do with that behavior.

Old 05-31-2008, 01:28 PM

25,157 posts, read 53,940,301 times
I think you ALL are talking about irresponsible people who clearly do not value relationships. There are people that just can't be in relationships because it isn't their style to be in it. Oh well. That's too bad.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamofmonterey View Post
They dont like talking in therapy, and my dr. mentioned if they have ADHD or bipolar illness, they are more likely to drink or abuse drugs (if they never seek treatment) There is also some genetics involved-

My stbx has a brother that sounds exactly like yours (the man is 50 mind you) 2 divorces, failed marriages and kids without a father. If they get help early, take the meds they could be fine, but some just prefer to drink.

Cheating and any other negative behavior is not to be tolerated, IMO.

Old 05-31-2008, 01:50 PM

14,492 posts, read 26,591,034 times
Exclamation wow-

Quote:
Originally Posted by John stanman View Post
My wife has ADHD and she has strong changeable mood swings and another known symtoms for people with ADHD is to ignore details; makes careless mistakes.
I wonder if anyone has been experiencing this being a problem when it comes to being Faithful to your partner. Would be great if both parts could answer this question. The person with ADHD and the person that's being cheated on

-John
ADHD is no rationalization for cheating, my ex had ADHD- it is just a concentration disorder, not justification for unprotected sex-lol

Old 05-31-2008, 04:10 PM

117 posts, read 313,822 times
ADHD is not a excuse for cheating, how does not being able to concentrate or be calm justifies cheating on your spouse?

Old 05-31-2008, 06:28 PM

859 posts, read 2,148,525 times
My oldest has ADHD and he has been with his GF for 8 Month, I just asked me out right ( yeah i got some LOOKS on that one) But he said NO MOM, I am not/ nor have I thought of Cheating on Misty! Gezuz !

HA HA,,,,,,,

As stated above its all about how you raise them.....I dont think ADHD has anything to do with it
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships