Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-31-2011, 07:25 AM

24,544 posts, read 56,034,272 times

Advertisements

This isn't absolute or anything, and I hope it doesn't offend anybody. I just want to cut through the bs and find out what guys really want (or don't want).

Mine would include:

Too short
Too overweight
Too skinny (too skinny limbs, for instance, or ribs showing)
Noticeably aberrant torso/body (torso/leg) ratio - not a supermodel or a dwarf
Weird body shape (very wide bottom, very broad shoulders, too stout rotund)
Very small breasts
A very long or very round face
Too small or too big eyes (I'm talking slits or like googly eyes)
A flat nose
Weirdly proportioned facial features
Too thin or thick lips
Skin too blotchy
Extremely dark skin (I know this could come across as being racist. I'm just not used to it, I haven't tried a VERY dark girl but I'm not totally closed to the possibility of it).
Ears that clearly stick-out

I know this makes me sound very superficial but it's tongue and cheek. In reality I would overlook a lot of those features, but I'm wondering what your own opinions are regarding the opposite sex (or the same, if you're that way inclined).

Last edited by Trimac20; 10-31-2011 at 07:36 AM..

Old 10-31-2011, 07:31 AM

Location: Everybody is going to hurt you, you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for-B Marley
9,516 posts, read 20,000,387 times
Maybe if you focus on the things you do like about someone you wouldn't have to tote that cumbersome microscope around.

Old 10-31-2011, 07:53 AM

356 posts, read 829,808 times
Physical features only... well the only definate dealbreaker would be someone who appears to not be active (overweight).

Old 10-31-2011, 07:57 AM

22,284 posts, read 21,716,485 times
Bad teeth is the kicker for me

Most of your list sounds like the undeniable blessings of nature rather than something that a person has control over. Which makes this kind of a shallow and antisocial thread, really.

Old 10-31-2011, 08:13 AM

513 posts, read 896,978 times
physical turn offs, probably nothing. but folks that "judge a book by it's cover" are a huge turn off to me. you fall in love with the person, not the body, and if you overlook someone because of how they look then you may well never truly fall in love.

Old 10-31-2011, 08:20 AM

406 posts, read 770,699 times
To be honest, I have never even taken the time to think about what my 'turn offs' would be .... obviously there are men who I am attracted to as well as men who I am not attracted to, but I've never thought about it long enough to compile a list.

btw: My first husband was quite lean and constantly worried about his appearance; more so than most women. He was the one in the relationship asking how he looked in his jeans.
My husband now is a bit overweight, not slovenly so, but overweight. It's not that he doesn't care about his appearance, but he is not obsessed with how he looks, and I have to say .... it's a nice change.

Old 10-31-2011, 08:23 AM

9,000 posts, read 10,174,745 times
I think as you get older the list diminishes. We all have our flaws; so the more aware we are of our own imperfections the more we can be open to others. That being said, if I had to pick a definite turn off, it wouldn't be physical, it's an attitude that is a definite turn off. The macho, male chauvinist attitude always makes me want to run in the opposite direction.

Old 10-31-2011, 08:31 AM

3,457 posts, read 3,622,029 times
turn offs:

fat
big mouthed

Old 10-31-2011, 08:34 AM

20,797 posts, read 9,740,067 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trimac20 View Post
This isn't absolute or anything, and I hope it doesn't offend anybody. I just want to cut through the bs and find out what guys really want (or don't want).

Mine would include:

Too short
Too overweight
Too skinny (too skinny limbs, for instance, or ribs showing)
Noticeably aberrant torso/body (torso/leg) ratio - not a supermodel or a dwarf
Weird body shape (very wide bottom, very broad shoulders, too stout rotund)
Very small breasts
A very long or very round face
Too small or too big eyes (I'm talking slits or like googly eyes)
A flat nose
Weirdly proportioned facial features
Too thin or thick lips
Skin too blotchy
Extremely dark skin (I know this could come across as being racist. I'm just not used to it, I haven't tried a VERY dark girl but I'm not totally closed to the possibility of it).
Ears that clearly stick-out

I know this makes me sound very superficial but it's tongue and cheek. In reality I would overlook a lot of those features, but I'm wondering what your own opinions are regarding the opposite sex (or the same, if you're that way inclined).

really?

Old 10-31-2011, 08:41 AM

24,544 posts, read 56,034,272 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyworld View Post
really?

I know, hey .
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships