Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-14-2011, 08:02 AM

22 posts, read 26,089 times

Advertisements

I have been dating a man since March of 2010. He is 47 and I am 50 (young looking . I am in love with this man but we have had our share of issues! We broke up last March after I found out that he was having sex with another woman behind my back. In fact when I met him, he was seeing her but told me he did not have a girlfriend. They broke up a few months after I met him (I found out later) and then eventually got back together and through texts I found out he was cheating on me or her....whichever way you look at it. Apparently they had been on and off for six years. Him and I have never had sex or anything remotely close. He always had reasons, like I had to quit smoking (which I did for me), get my finances in order....etc I finally met the other woman in March and she told me she was moving out to California. She never knew about me and asked if we could be friends on Facebook. She saw the pictures of the two of us and said she was done with him. We talked on the phone and he told her that I was some crazy stalker lady. She said they had a wild sex life and that she knew he loved her! She has been in California since March and him and I got back together in July. I missed him and told him I forgave him. He still won't have sex with me and says maybe in a few more months. I know from her facebook that she is coming back east for the holidays. We don't talk on FB anymore but I am worried she will call him and they will get back together. I know looks don't have anything to do with it, but I consider myself an attractive blonde, with a professional job, own my own house...etc She is on welfare, short and dumpy-overweight, has a drinking problem and smoke alot of pot. She is definitley not attractive and hasn't had a job in years. When I asked him why he was with her, he said because she gave good "BJ's", and that was it. I really do love this guy but I feel extremely depressed. He took me out to dinner for my birthday but no present or card. He doesn't believe in them. Why am I after this guy when he doesn't want me sexually? I love him and he say's he loves me but he won't go any further than that. Is there anything I can do? I just can't fiqure out wha'ts wrong with me. He has had sex with the last 3 women he has been involved with except with me. I just feel like I don't even want to live anymore. I don't have any family and my step kids with my ex are all grown up and gone. Why do I stay with this guy? How can I get out of this depression? Life doesnt' seem worth living to me anymore.........Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-14-2011, 08:09 AM

6,032 posts, read 9,215,148 times
First problem is worrying so much about Facebook at age 47.... The non sexual relationship is quite odd and indicators of other issues. Do you guys actually "talk" about this? Sit him down and talk about it.

Old 11-14-2011, 08:14 AM

3,488 posts, read 8,223,730 times
I think it's really sad that at 50 you appear so lacking in self esteem that you would put up with this loser for half a heartbeat.

You need to rid yourself of the deadweight and open yourself up to other, more rewarding relationships.

Old 11-14-2011, 08:17 AM

3,993 posts, read 8,929,519 times
He's a cheat, and a loser, and a liar.

You must need your head examined if you think this relationship has any future.

Dump the jerk, fix your depression.

Yup, it's that simple.

Old 11-14-2011, 08:23 AM

1,818 posts, read 2,686,536 times
Is this really a "relationship?" He almost sounds more like an acquaintance then anything else.

Old 11-14-2011, 08:28 AM

865 posts, read 1,490,027 times
You really need to get away from that guy, he sounds like a user and apparently he doesn't care about anyone but himself. IT will not help you to stay with a guy like that to help get you out of your depressive slump. You need to find new friends and/or distractions. You are lonely and friends take time, I get that...however, you would be better off playing hours of online role playing games then even speaking to this individual! I found his BJ comment totally offensive, even if he was just kidding or being sarcastic!

Old 11-14-2011, 08:29 AM

19,723 posts, read 20,259,734 times
Why do this to yourself?

Why...?

Old 11-14-2011, 08:36 AM

24,665 posts, read 69,729,597 times
Can you read your post and pretend that someone other than you wrote it? It's really, really sad that a mature woman such as yourself could be so bamboozled and deluded to imagine that this relationship has anything to do with "love". Get rid of this worthless piece of nothing, hold your head up high and get into some activities where you have a chance to meet real people. All the best.

Old 11-14-2011, 08:38 AM

17,717 posts, read 13,544,998 times
[quote=STT Resident;21707221]Can you read your post and pretend that someone other than you wrote it? quote]

What the saying? It's easier to give advice then take it. But I agree with you 100%.

Old 11-14-2011, 08:42 AM

12,585 posts, read 16,959,573 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cassie24 View Post
I have been dating a man since March of 2010. He is 47 and I am 50 (young looking . I am in love with this man but we have had our share of issues! We broke up last March after I found out that he was having sex with another woman behind my back. In fact when I met him, he was seeing her but told me he did not have a girlfriend. They broke up a few months after I met him (I found out later) and then eventually got back together and through texts I found out he was cheating on me or her....whichever way you look at it. Apparently they had been on and off for six years. Him and I have never had sex or anything remotely close. He always had reasons, like I had to quit smoking (which I did for me), get my finances in order....etc I finally met the other woman in March and she told me she was moving out to California. She never knew about me and asked if we could be friends on Facebook. She saw the pictures of the two of us and said she was done with him. We talked on the phone and he told her that I was some crazy stalker lady. She said they had a wild sex life and that she knew he loved her! She has been in California since March and him and I got back together in July. I missed him and told him I forgave him. He still won't have sex with me and says maybe in a few more months. I know from her facebook that she is coming back east for the holidays. We don't talk on FB anymore but I am worried she will call him and they will get back together. I know looks don't have anything to do with it, but I consider myself an attractive blonde, with a professional job, own my own house...etc She is on welfare, short and dumpy-overweight, has a drinking problem and smoke alot of pot. She is definitley not attractive and hasn't had a job in years. When I asked him why he was with her, he said because she gave good "BJ's", and that was it. I really do love this guy but I feel extremely depressed. He took me out to dinner for my birthday but no present or card. He doesn't believe in them. Why am I after this guy when he doesn't want me sexually? I love him and he say's he loves me but he won't go any further than that. Is there anything I can do? I just can't fiqure out wha'ts wrong with me. He has had sex with the last 3 women he has been involved with except with me. I just feel like I don't even want to live anymore. I don't have any family and my step kids with my ex are all grown up and gone. Why do I stay with this guy? How can I get out of this depression? Life doesnt' seem worth living to me anymore.........Thanks!
Here is what is wrong with you...

You sell yourself short.

Why on earth would you chase after someone that cheated on you??? Seriously!

It's obvious this guy has no interest in you at all as a person. Could care less as to your feelings. Then you continue to run chasing him all over the place. Even going to the point of contacting the girlfriend he cheated on you with to get advice on what you are doing wrong or what you could do to get "some."

They don't have a "shaking head back in forth" or I would post that...so I will just put this one on here.

Read the first line you wrote and work with that. "I am 50. (young looking )"

Now...go and work your looks with someone else. This guy is a douche.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships