Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-13-2011, 04:41 PM

12,169 posts, read 17,640,761 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TVandSportsGuy View Post
Why do you think when some women get a message from a guy who compliments her but is not her type, she replies with a "Thanks" instead of ignoring his message completely?

It's not easy to ignore and delete a message from a guy who is not your type?
Whomever said, "there is no such thing as a stupid question..." never read some of the postings on city-data.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-13-2011, 04:43 PM

4,868 posts, read 8,408,034 times
Quote:
Well it sounds stupid to be polite to someone when u can just ignore and delete
perhaps YOUR impoliteness is precisely why you're perpetually single?

Old 11-13-2011, 04:45 PM
FBJ FBJ started this thread

39,605 posts, read 58,992,680 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mir86 View Post
So a person has to reply back to every single UNATTRACTIVE PERSON who sends them a message online? Is that what you are telling me?

Old 11-13-2011, 05:03 PM

15,080 posts, read 20,465,757 times
Quote:
Why do you think when some women get a message from a guy who compliments her but is not her type, she replies with a "Thanks" instead of ignoring his message completely?

It's not easy to ignore and delete a message from a guy who is not your type?
In the future, append the following to all messages you send to women so they'll know not to reply if you're not their type:

"NOTE: If I'm not your type, ignore this message and delete it. Thanks!"

[doing this will eliminate wasted electrons and save her the trouble]

Old 11-13-2011, 05:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MIKEETC View Post
In the future, append the following to all messages you send to women so they'll know not to reply if you're not their type:

Wonder would they still say THANKS if I say they look very LICKABLE?

Old 11-13-2011, 05:16 PM

19,855 posts, read 65,802,767 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zonababe View Post
Whomever said, "there is no such thing as a stupid question..." never read some of the postings on city-data.
LOL, so true.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.

Old 11-13-2011, 05:21 PM

4,868 posts, read 8,408,034 times
Quote:
So a person has to reply back to every single UNATTRACTIVE PERSON who sends them a message online? Is that what you are telling me?
no. I didn't (at least not with every message I received) when I was using online dating for like a month, mostly because I tend to attract super clingy men who don't take "no" very well and I didn't want to find out the hard way anymore. And actually a lot of the guys I didn't respond to were attractive, I just wasn't interested in what they wrote me or their profile was lame, or even a few were guys I had met in person being out and about, long before I ever signed up and I already knew I wasn't interested. I live in a moderate sized town and after living here 18 years, the only people that aren't connected to me or someone I know, are recent transplants so that's how people I had already met found me.

Regardless...what is so wrong about saying "no thanks"?? Its not necessary but its polite so if someone chooses to do that, whats wrong with that?

Old 11-13-2011, 05:23 PM

24,665 posts, read 69,673,728 times
Quote:
The number of posts he's made claiming that he's going to "be really nasty" in his responses to women who he perceives as having dissed him on free dating sites simply by nicely saying "no" would suggest that that would be a "yes".

Quote:
No. Try re-reading both your OP and the responses.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MIKEETC View Post

That would likely work.

TVSG cannot respond to a post which goes beyond two sentences. He cannot respond to a post which contains multi-quotes but only responds to the last sentence of a multi-quote. This is not a personal attack but a verifiable observation. Just saying!

Old 11-13-2011, 05:25 PM

Quote:
no. I didn't (at least not with every message I received) when I was using online dating for like a month, mostly because I tend to attract super clingy men who don't take "no" very well and I didn't want to find out the hard way anymore. And actually a lot of the guys I didn't respond to were attractive, I just wasn't interested in what they wrote me or their profile was lame, or even a few were guys I had met in person being out and about, long before I ever signed up and I already knew I wasn't interested. I live in a moderate sized town and after living here 18 years, the only people that aren't connected to me or someone I know, are recent transplants so that's how people I had already met found me.

Regardless...what is so wrong about saying "no thanks"?? Its not necessary but its polite so if someone chooses to do that, whats wrong with that?
They are not saying NO THANKS. I will send a message saying you have a very pretty smile and her reply back is THANKS.

So its obvious from that reply that she is not interested so I figure why reply at all? If i get a compliment from a ugly women I will not say THANKS. I will ignore and delete

Old 11-13-2011, 05:34 PM

24,665 posts, read 69,673,728 times
Quote:
Mod cut: personal attack.
Welcome to the world of TVSG. It's horrendously fascinating.

Last edited by PJSaturn; 11-13-2011 at 07:22 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships