Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-22-2011, 01:59 AM

4,287 posts, read 8,030,653 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkern1989 View Post
I have always asked myself whether I would rather have a girl ignore me completly or whether I would want her to reply to me with just one word messages. I still aint' sure what I prefer.
I don't like it when they ignore you completely. It's downright pathetic & disgusting.

Some girl did it to me this week after we were having a GREAT time & I blew up at her in a vituperative message. Turned out her mom was in the hospital.

Boy, did I blow it. I don't know where it's gonna go now.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-22-2011, 02:16 AM

733 posts, read 1,756,344 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soviet View Post
I don't like it when they ignore you completely. It's downright pathetic & disgusting.

Some girl did it to me this week after we were having a GREAT time & I blew up at her in a vituperative message. Turned out her mom was in the hospital.

Boy, did I blow it. I don't know where it's gonna go now.
Ouch, that had to suck.

If someone who I have been talking to for awhile ignores me, I don't worry about it because I know that something probably happened...usually being that they fell asleep. Now if they ignore me then go longer than a week without texting me, that's what I get a bit frustrated.

Old 11-22-2011, 02:45 AM

4,287 posts, read 8,030,653 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bkern1989 View Post
Ouch, that had to suck.

If someone who I have been talking to for awhile ignores me, I don't worry about it because I know that something probably happened...usually being that they fell asleep. Now if they ignore me then go longer than a week without texting me, that's what I get a bit frustrated.
Well, that's a completely different ball game, you know? I don't freaking need to talk to them THAT often, you know? LMAO.

The problem here was, we've been talking for a few weeks and finally decided to get together for lunch or dinner on Thursday. All day Thursday passes....don't hear from her. Friday....don't hear. Saturday, finally send a message "Weren't we supposed to get together Thursday." Don't hear.

All the while, I can see her OKc visiting info & login times: she's obviously online & she's obviously visiting my profile, but not responding to me. WTF? This has happened to me before.....boy, does it feel like deja vu.

So I let it go for 2 more days while messaging once a day and then tonight I blew up in that rather angry message.

I believe her when she says that her mom was in the hospital, but why couldn't she just text it quick when Thursday came & went? Just to let me know what was going on?

I can't read her messages to me because I'm at work, so I can just see that short snippet sent to my e-mail, but she sent another one to me at 2 AM stating that "she's still worked up over....." etc. So obviously I got to her. Which makes me feel bad, but seriously, WTH? Why couldn't she get to me?

And I feel that I felt more strongly about it because we had made serious plans & they fell through and then she completely dropped talking to me. If we hadn't made serious plans, I wouldn't have looked at it as such a big deal that she wasn't talking to me for a few days. But since we had, it felt that she was running away from me. (not that I'd blame her anymore, with the way I exploded) And I've been in that position so many times before, it looked like I knew what was coming & I didn't like it one bit, so I exploded.

Look how wrong I was. Ridiculous. But still, she couldn't send JUST ONE bit of info? Sheeeeesh.

I'm going to try to salvage it. See what her full messages are in the morning & then I'll respond the best I can. Whether she responds or not is up to her.

The fact that she messaged me TWICE tells me something, though. She could have easily just said "Eff you, you dirtbag" and never talked to me again, but she obviously sent 2 messages of decent length. It sounds like she really would have gone out with me had it not been for a situation with her mom.

Sigh. Funny how life works and funny how the crap of yesterday tends to turn you so darkly cynical at precisely the wrong moment.

Sigh. &

Old 11-22-2011, 05:30 AM

24,665 posts, read 69,703,004 times
Quote:
You really have to wonder about the formative proto-sexual experiences a person had in childhood to come up with a list like this.
Just for starters, an absent father and a very domineering mother. After that the complexities are endless.

Old 11-22-2011, 05:31 AM
FBJ FBJ started this thread

39,605 posts, read 59,016,245 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soviet View Post
Well, that's a completely different ball game, you know? I don't freaking need to talk to them THAT often, you know? LMAO.

The problem here was, we've been talking for a few weeks and finally decided to get together for lunch or dinner on Thursday. All day Thursday passes....don't hear from her. Friday....don't hear. Saturday, finally send a message "Weren't we supposed to get together Thursday." Don't hear.

All the while, I can see her OKc visiting info & login times: she's obviously online & she's obviously visiting my profile, but not responding to me. WTF? This has happened to me before.....boy, does it feel like deja vu.

So I let it go for 2 more days while messaging once a day and then tonight I blew up in that rather angry message.

I believe her when she says that her mom was in the hospital, but why couldn't she just text it quick when Thursday came & went? Just to let me know what was going on?

I can't read her messages to me because I'm at work, so I can just see that short snippet sent to my e-mail, but she sent another one to me at 2 AM stating that "she's still worked up over....." etc. So obviously I got to her. Which makes me feel bad, but seriously, WTH? Why couldn't she get to me?

And I feel that I felt more strongly about it because we had made serious plans & they fell through and then she completely dropped talking to me. If we hadn't made serious plans, I wouldn't have looked at it as such a big deal that she wasn't talking to me for a few days. But since we had, it felt that she was running away from me. (not that I'd blame her anymore, with the way I exploded) And I've been in that position so many times before, it looked like I knew what was coming & I didn't like it one bit, so I exploded.

Look how wrong I was. Ridiculous. But still, she couldn't send JUST ONE bit of info? Sheeeeesh.

I'm going to try to salvage it. See what her full messages are in the morning & then I'll respond the best I can. Whether she responds or not is up to her.

The fact that she messaged me TWICE tells me something, though. She could have easily just said "Eff you, you dirtbag" and never talked to me again, but she obviously sent 2 messages of decent length. It sounds like she really would have gone out with me had it not been for a situation with her mom.

Sigh. Funny how life works and funny how the crap of yesterday tends to turn you so darkly cynical at precisely the wrong moment.

Sigh. &
Using family as an excuse is always a easy way out. Her mom was never in the hospital and its a way for her to avoid confrontation. I recently had a girl tell me someone broke in her apartment. Lol

Old 11-22-2011, 05:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TVandSportsGuy View Post
I recently had a girl tell me someone broke in her apartment. Lol
Someone broke in her apartment? Gosh, did they break up slowly or shatter into pieces? Sounds like something out of the series, "Fringe".

Old 11-22-2011, 05:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by STT Resident View Post
Someone broke in her apartment? Gosh, did they break up slowly or shatter into pieces? Sounds like something out of the series, "Fringe".
All females use excuses that seem serious so that it will not be questioned. I think I will use the break in my apartment excuse in the future

Btw she was at a wedding 2 days later. Lol

Old 11-22-2011, 06:07 AM

Quote:
All females use excuses that seem serious so that it will not be questioned. I think I will use the break in my apartment excuse in the future

Btw she was at a wedding 2 days later. Lol
Reading comprehension issues are such a drag.

Old 11-22-2011, 07:56 AM

12,169 posts, read 17,647,423 times
[quote=TVandSportsGuy;21814496]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raena77 View Post

7. put your buttcheeks in my face
8. chest and neck pecking
9. neck tickling with your feet
10. face smothering with your feet
11. face smothering with your breast
Peter Pan, you can hardly consider these sophomoric activities, "adult fun." Good luck finding a grown woman who will read this list of petting games, and agree to visit your apartment.

Old 11-22-2011, 08:04 AM

[quote=zonababe;21817507]
Quote:

Peter Pan, you can hardly consider these sophomoric activities, "adult fun." Good luck finding a grown woman who will read this list of petting games, and agree to visit your apartment.
So you are criticizing me for not being freaky?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships