Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-17-2011, 04:45 PM

18,051 posts, read 15,645,534 times

Advertisements

Has it occurred to anyone here that this may be some big joke to the OP...someone who has nothing better to do than to get attention this way?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-17-2011, 04:49 PM

677 posts, read 1,538,145 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lottamoxie View Post
Has it occurred to anyone here that this may be some big joke to the OP...someone who has nothing better to do than to get attention this way?
Not one time......

Old 11-17-2011, 04:52 PM

16,077 posts, read 28,547,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yzette View Post
I swear, this has to be the same sexually inhibited, emotionally stunted man-child posting the same crap over and over again with different screen names. There can't be this many socially inept, psychologically unhealthy, limp-penised men out there. Seriously. There can't.
You got it...What amazes me are the number of intelligent posters who didn't see thru this load of crap.

Old 11-17-2011, 05:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crisan View Post
Yes, you are asking for help. However, how do you tell a person that the very thing he doesn't like in other people is the very thing he does?
Hes well aware crisan...its his method to continue to engage posters.

Old 11-17-2011, 05:23 PM

5,503 posts, read 5,568,197 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stackvar View Post
I honestly did not consider that possibility. Every time my friends asked if I got a number it always seemed to insinuate that I was getting an "in" on a date or some other awkward encounter of some kind. Their attitude about me "getting digits" always made me assume that that act had some innuendo attached to it. It's very hard for me to shake the idea that a phone number has some kind of "personal" interest in it.

To be honest, I never call anybody unless they call me for something. I try to never intrude upon another person's schedule unless it is an extreme emergency as a courtesy to my friends. Someone offering me their number is almost like asking me to be in the mood to casually call them, which is something that just doesn't happen. I keep myself busy until I'm requested.

I'm a bit worried that people here think I'm a sociopath. Just because I'm unable to comprehend certain emotions doesn't mean I feel no emotion. It's just blunted and subdued, like a muffled radio. I honestly do care about people or otherwise I wouldn't go out of my way to help/entertain my friends and family. I have never manipulated my friends, to my knowledge.

What examples would you call manipulative? If I really am doing this, I would like to know so that I can correct myself.
I don't think you are a sociopath...although, based on your posts, "asexual" comes to mind. Could it be that the thought of sexual intimacy is what's driving you to dread any personal advances from the opposite sex?

Ultimately, to each his own and I hope you "find" that someone who has the same drive as you do.

Old 11-17-2011, 06:04 PM

Yes, I'm brutally honest.

Asexuality is not a mental deficit. There is no reason for the games.

Old 11-17-2011, 06:56 PM

2,725 posts, read 5,188,467 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by virgode View Post
Hes well aware crisan...its his method to continue to engage posters.
Yes, I get that. My post was more like "how do you expect people to come out and say the obvious?"

Of course, he has a method to continue to engage. His motivation is to get information/entertainment out of people because he probably thinks that is why we exist in the first place.

Same goes with the girl. Its not okay for her to want something from him but it is okay to want something from her.

Old 11-17-2011, 09:24 PM

221 posts, read 597,691 times
Why are you posting in a relationship board, again?

To judge by your description of what you think you're after, you're looking for women who match the MBTI indicator of INTJ or INTP. They are about 1-2 percent of the population. So, good luck with that.

Actually, it seems more like you're just licking your wounds in public and trying to play the sour grapes card. I did that myself back in the day. . . before I got my ass kicked.

Peace!

Old 11-17-2011, 11:19 PM

5,503 posts, read 5,568,197 times
Quote:

I actually agree with you virgode, my comment was in jest!

Old 11-17-2011, 11:35 PM

8,011 posts, read 8,203,754 times
Quote:

I gotta agree with you there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships