Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-15-2011, 04:43 AM

7,454 posts, read 13,398,786 times

Advertisements

I'm not talking activities for this thread, but more so what you want to achieve.

For me.....getting to know that person and also enjoying their company, so its not a chore. The last first date I had, there was alot of laughing from both sides and we seemed to enjoy each others company.

If you could shorten it to a few sentences like I have done, how would you sum it up, in what you want to achieve on a first date.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-15-2011, 06:56 AM

37,483 posts, read 45,753,331 times
Well, if you have at least met the person before and found some mutually agreeable ground between you, then a longer date works for me. Something where you are both active, and doing things together. I think that gives a much better idea of your personalities, and how compatible you might be. "Dinner and a movie", sucks.

Old 11-15-2011, 08:21 AM

3,457 posts, read 3,614,549 times
chemistry with someone i find attractive.

and by chemistry i am referring to this.

Old 11-15-2011, 08:23 AM

748 posts, read 1,311,497 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cletus Awreetus-Awrightus View Post
I'll second that...

Old 11-15-2011, 09:04 AM

8,358 posts, read 25,184,170 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dave nz View Post
I'm not talking activities for this thread, but more so what you want to achieve.

For me.....getting to know that person and also enjoying their company, so its not a chore. The last first date I had, there was alot of laughing from both sides and we seemed to enjoy each others company.

If you could shorten it to a few sentences like I have done, how would you sum it up, in what you want to achieve on a first date.
For me, what I want to achieve with a first date is to draw a solid idea if I want to pursue a second date with this person. And, along that line but to a lesser extent, if she wants to pursue a second one with me.

Old 11-15-2011, 09:11 AM

677 posts, read 1,534,929 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cletus Awreetus-Awrightus View Post

and by chemistry i am referring to this.
Talk nerdy to me......

Old 11-15-2011, 09:13 AM

28,890 posts, read 30,151,707 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dave nz View Post

simply talking and listening to each other, learning if we have anything in common and if it's a good thing to continue/date again?

Old 11-15-2011, 09:23 AM

Location: Everybody is going to hurt you, you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for-B Marley
9,516 posts, read 19,969,499 times
For both of us to feel at ease...not feel like we're under a microscope...not feel pressured to entertain or afraid to say or do the wrong thing....not feel like we're being interviewed by the other...to go into it with no expectations except to relax, have fun and maybe make a new friend.

Old 11-15-2011, 09:28 AM

19,112 posts, read 30,568,841 times
My favorite first date was with a guy I worked with, and after I quit he was able to ask me out. It started around 4pm and didn't end until 6 am the next morning. We went hiking, to a concert and spent all night talking and laughing on the beach drinking homemade wine. Ended with a little smooch and we made plans to hang out later that week. We stayed in touch via phone and text, which was great. Ecause it was easy for him to tell me he met his now wife about a week after that date.

Fantastic date, amazing man, unfortunate conclusion.

Old 11-15-2011, 10:01 AM

182 posts, read 298,213 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
My favorite first date was with a guy I worked with, and after I quit he was able to ask me out. It started around 4pm and didn't end until 6 am the next morning. We went hiking, to a concert and spent all night talking and laughing on the beach drinking homemade wine. Ended with a little smooch and we made plans to hang out later that week. We stayed in touch via phone and text, which was great. Ecause it was easy for him to tell me he met his now wife about a week after that date.

Fantastic date, amazing man, unfortunate conclusion.
His loss I'm sure!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships