Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-24-2011, 10:38 AM

2,919 posts, read 5,803,781 times

Advertisements

looking for more input.....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-24-2011, 11:39 AM

8,003 posts, read 11,719,353 times
There is no harm in sending him a Happy Thanksgiving text. In fact, it is a nice thing to do. Guard your heart though and don't expect a response. If you do it in this way, it will be a wonderful surprise, if he does respond. I understand your heartbreak, but please realize this...when we're very attached to someone, we have a tendency to wear blinders, where their flaws are concerned. It's entirely possible that this guy is a sh*t...that he's always been this way and he's always going to BE this way. It's entirely possible that you just never realized what a jerk he is, because he's been wearing a disguise. That's not your fault...it's his.

Old 11-24-2011, 11:46 AM

Thanks for the words of wisdom....but when I hear you say things like "guard your heart" and dont expect a response....It makes me want to shy away from texting him....Dunno if could take the rejection or not.....

Old 11-24-2011, 01:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by westcoastbabe View Post
Thanks for the words of wisdom....but when I hear you say things like "guard your heart" and dont expect a response....It makes me want to shy away from texting him....Dunno if could take the rejection or not.....
(((((((HUGS)))))) I am so sorry that today, of all days, your heart is burdened. I meant you no angst, just wanted you to be aware that, although you are a warmhearted and kind person, he may not be so. So many guys are very different than us, you know. When they're done with you...if they're not filled with hatred and loathing, they don't think of you at all. You're gone and invisible. Mind you, not ALL guys are that way, but a good many are. They do not dwell, sentimentally, in the past.

Old 11-28-2011, 01:30 PM

As I sit and ponder what happened....Im still perplexed at this whole situation....I know most of you say..."MOVE ON"...or "FORGET 'EM"....I did not text this man a Thanksgiving greeting...even thought I wrestled with the thought over the whole holiday.....Im am hoping maybe he will reach out before Xmas...(thinking he needed a little time to himself)...If i dont hear from him...Would you reach out to him at Christmas?......Im mean Im sorry...but gotta know something.....Was it really me saving a draft from a previous conversation with you or were you j ust looking to cease the friendship all together.....Honestly i think just being up front instead of just cutting off contact all together would have been better....for im sad and just plain dumbfounded.....It has me second-guessing myself/my actions/my feelings/etc....

Old 11-28-2011, 02:58 PM

16,077 posts, read 28,545,163 times
Quote:
As I sit and ponder what happened....Im still perplexed at this whole situation....I know most of you say..."MOVE ON"...or "FORGET 'EM"....I did not text this man a Thanksgiving greeting...even thought I wrestled with the thought over the whole holiday.....Im am hoping maybe he will reach out before Xmas...(thinking he needed a little time to himself)...If i dont hear from him...Would you reach out to him at Christmas?......Im mean Im sorry...but gotta know something.....Was it really me saving a draft from a previous conversation with you or were you j ust looking to cease the friendship all together.....Honestly i think just being up front instead of just cutting off contact all together would have been better....for im sad and just plain dumbfounded.....It has me second-guessing myself/my actions/my feelings/etc....
Sorry you're still hurting....

I've posted what I think, its your life and you do whats comfortable for you.

The writings on the wall so to speak. Move forward with your life, if he reaches out to you sometime in the future great. Accept the possibility your questions may never get answered by his response. Best Wishes

Old 11-28-2011, 05:00 PM

19,697 posts, read 20,221,774 times
Quote:
I did not text this man a Thanksgiving greeting...even thought I wrestled with the thought over the whole holiday.....Im am hoping maybe he will reach out before Xmas...(thinking he needed a little time to himself)...If i dont hear from him...Would you reach out to him at Christmas?......
Um, no.

Old 11-30-2011, 06:48 AM

Quote:
In regard to the bolded text above? I seriously doubt that it was just your saving a draft from a previous conversation. It was probably the excuse he was looking for and couldn't come up with anything else. He's probably moved on and is busy with his new interest. Is it downright cruel and rude? Heck yeah it is! Please move on. Do NOT allow him to control your emotions and make you feel bad about yourself.

Some people are just jerks. Some people take longer than others to reveal that about themselves. That's the tough part of relationships, you run into some crappy people and you run into real stand up people, as in life, in general. Please don't torture yourself any further about this situation. Try to move on and don't continue to try to contact him. You've already put yourself out there and he's shut you down, very rudely! Walk away and consider yourself very fortunate that you haven't invested more time in the relationship than you already have. There are many, many fish in the sea. Don't continue to saddle yourself with someone who is clearly controlling and cold. ((((hugs)))) Take care of you and move on to find happiness elsewhere.

Old 12-04-2011, 07:15 PM

Quote:
Been seeing this guy on and off for about a year....Nothing serious between us..just good friends. Ya know someone do dinner and drinks with from time to time. Well anyway, I accidently one morning texted him something that I had saved as a draft from a previous conversation with him....(nothing incriminating)....Well to make a long story short..he got bent out of shape/ranted on and on about me saving text messages...Couldnt believe it....but then I remembered something he shared with me..(I guess sometime in his day, a female that he was messing around with saved all of his text messages and sent/showed them to his current girlfriend...My question is should I question him about it or just the let the situation go.
Im beginning to think that this was a way out for him......because the more I think about what happened...it is truly ridiculous to let something as simple as text message dissolve a friendship.....All I can say..his loss.....Not gonna reach out via text either...I mean as much as I want to...it would be just like resetting the reset button.....No how no way.Trying to stay positive though through this situation.....Just hurts like hell sometimes....

Old 12-06-2011, 12:44 AM

30,907 posts, read 32,984,452 times
Quote:
I wouldn't do it, personally. He overreacted to something that was really nothing (if that makes sense) and it's on him to apologize (briefly) and reestablish communication.

Otherwise, he be gettin' nothin' from me. I don't mean that in a sexual way...I mean, the way he acted was totally confusing, he had a weird excuse...just not anything I'd want to encourage any more of by being the one to reach out.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships