Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-16-2011, 08:28 AM

2,112 posts, read 2,696,927 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpg35223 View Post
Because it's the greatest thing in the universe.
Dumbledore seems to think so
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-16-2011, 08:29 AM

Location: Everybody is going to hurt you, you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for-B Marley
9,516 posts, read 20,004,411 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Urban Sasquatch View Post
I never get to put my tongue in anyone's cheek anymore, details or no.
O_o That's gotta leave a bad taste in your mouth

Seriously, I find you hard to argue with. Not because I agree with you but because I'm not such a great masterdebator.

Reed, I've been trying to come up with my own answer outside the quote but there are so many possible answers. Love causes so many reactions that are addictive so maybe it has a lot to do with biology...the hormones love releases...dopamine....oxytocin.... Or, maybe it's just that being in love feels so damn good.

Old 11-16-2011, 08:48 AM

1,818 posts, read 2,685,319 times
Being in love, or even in infatuation, does tend to put a smile on your face

Old 11-16-2011, 09:01 AM

42,831 posts, read 88,156,261 times
'Cause we're gluttons for punishment. I'm in recovery, though.

I think Urban is right - a time may come when you don't want to deal with it anymore. It might've come for me; I'm just not sure yet...

Old 11-16-2011, 10:03 AM

1,818 posts, read 2,685,319 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
'Cause we're gluttons for punishment. I'm in recovery, though.

I think Urban is right - a time may come when you don't want to deal with it anymore. It might've come for me; I'm just not sure yet...
I'm right behind you Sierra!

Old 11-16-2011, 10:24 AM

19,046 posts, read 25,190,600 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChessieMom View Post
Well for one thing, I've never told myself that.
Me too. I think an aspect of this issue may be physiological/neurochemical. I would bet that some have better, or clearer, emotional memories than others. Eh, maybe in my case it's a matter of memory all together, but I tend to forget negative experiences from relationships and in general.

Old 11-16-2011, 10:42 AM

1,011 posts, read 1,257,378 times
Quote:
Jooo, jooo, joooo....
Joo? Do you speak Finnish? Maybe teach me some English?

Old 11-16-2011, 10:52 AM

3,688 posts, read 5,013,192 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RiippaKiwi View Post
Joo? Do you speak Finnish? Maybe teach me some English?

Sorry, only a few words of Suomi, not much -- but I have no problem being a practice partner for you if you want to learn more English. Message me if you're interested. I can converse with you via email and if you want, correct and/or suggest. Don't be embarrassed about English, if you're worried I'll be critical. Everyone has to start somewhere, and writing is a good way to do it.

Old 11-16-2011, 11:01 AM

1,011 posts, read 1,257,378 times
Quote:
Sorry, only a few words of Suomi, not much -- but I have no problem being a practice partner for you if you want to learn more English. Message me if you're interested. I can converse with you via email and if you want, correct and/or suggest. Don't be embarrassed about English, if you're worried I'll be critical. Everyone has to start somewhere, and writing is a good way to do it.
Maybe I will, thanks .

Old 11-16-2011, 11:07 AM

2,162 posts, read 3,365,232 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by reed067 View Post
For some reason we tend to press on & hope we meet that someone else who can take away that pain of our last or lost love. Even though we run the risk of getting our hearts broken again. We tend to tell our self’s that if this relationship doesn't work out, that we won't go though it again. Yet it seems that at some point we pick our self up off the ground & dust our self off & go do it again. What drive us to keep trying again? No matter how much the last relationship hurt us, it seems we didn't learn enough from it not to try again. It doesn't matter if we were beat,cheated on, abused. Something drives us to try again. Are we all just crazy?

No,we just all are human and have natural, intrinsic desires! We are not meant to be solitary, self-contained units, so we are naturally geared to seek our "other half."
There will always be posers who say it's all about the sex, but it clearly is not. We want someone to share life with, throw a leg over while we sleep at night, have holidays with, someone to help with the trials of everyday living and heck, even help with errands.
We are desiged, by nature from God, to have a partner.
I imagine those who want kids have even more to say about the issue.

Bottom line~ we keep pressing on because love is an amazing thing, and once felt, it is a drug we want back in our system.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships