Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-16-2011, 02:00 PM

27,957 posts, read 39,779,820 times

Advertisements

Go enjoy thanksgiving with him. have fun. Really, it is okay.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-16-2011, 02:06 PM

1,489 posts, read 3,088,853 times
Girls are always too sensitive about the "ex" stuff. I get it if he is comparing good qualities, but in this case he is saying things that he DIDN'T like about her. Sort of a hint to you.

I've done similar things, mentioned things I didn't like about my ex, slyly, hoping current girl would get the hint, I was not reminiscing about the ex.

Whether you like it or not, current bf/gf will always be compared to an ex. Whether person voices it or not, thats how we naturally make decisions if we like the current person, based upon how they compare to older ones.

Old 11-16-2011, 02:17 PM

20 posts, read 34,353 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nowitsshowtime View Post
Girls are always too sensitive about the "ex" stuff. I get it if he is comparing good qualities, but in this case he is saying things that he DIDN'T like about her. Sort of a hint to you.

I've done similar things, mentioned things I didn't like about my ex, slyly, hoping current girl would get the hint, I was not reminiscing about the ex.

Whether you like it or not, current bf/gf will always be compared to an ex. Whether person voices it or not, thats how we naturally make decisions if we like the current person, based upon how they compare to older ones.
I see it now. Yeah he mentioned her on certain past things but I noticed it's only bad things...

One time, we were on his bed watching a movie, I wanted to heat up leftovers food we had earlier. So I went to get up to do it...

he commented, 'You're not lazy like 'ex name', she makes me do every little thing' ...I looked and him and was like 'HAH'..then went to do my thing.

This was in the beginning when we first started hanging out..and getting to know each other.

Old 11-16-2011, 02:20 PM

16,077 posts, read 28,557,959 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by milliongirl417 View Post

So with that, I'm not sure how to feel about this. Him & I are actually church buddies before we started liking each other...so I feel like I have the advantage but at the same time I feel like he is feeling too 'jerky' about his ex not being there for him. I know he still cares for her...but at the same time...he shouldn't be like this? I don't know...

I must add that we have known each for a year. Been talking for a month. Been on a few lunches and one real date.
If the conversations about her continue, don't waste your time, hes not over his ex.

Old 11-16-2011, 02:26 PM

45,217 posts, read 100,729,092 times
Quote:
I see it now. Yeah he mentioned her on certain past things but I noticed it's only bad things...

One time, we were on his bed watching a movie, I wanted to heat up leftovers food we had earlier. So I went to get up to do it...

he commented, 'You're not lazy like 'ex name', she makes me do every little thing' ...I looked and him and was like 'HAH'..then went to do my thing.

This was in the beginning when we first started hanging out..and getting to know each other.
That was his way of giving you a compliment dear!

Old 11-16-2011, 02:26 PM

8,262 posts, read 18,485,841 times
Quote:
So I guess things are going well between us ever since my previous post..

But then the case of the ex keeps coming up and I feel like I'm being compared...

Okay so on the car ride home, we were talking about the holidays. Thanksgiving was the first one. I told him my family don't usually do anything on that day because we have such a small family that it's not a big deal.

him: You can come over to my house. We have turkey, mash potatoes and so on...
me: How many people are usually there?

And he said he has a small family too. He started naming people and counting them...and he added '14, 15 people if you come' ...Is that an invite for me? We're not even official. I smiled at that..

Then he mentioned that his ex never came to any of them. Three years of being together and she didn't want to attend any of his family events. At least that's what he made it seem like.

me: did she have plans with her own family?
him: no

I asked him if she was ever close to his family and he said no...and that she was just known as 'the girlfriend'.

him: they knew who she is, she just didn't really talk to them.

Subject of Christmas mass came up, and he mentioned that...

him: I told her it's an important day to my religion (Catholic) but she still didn't want to come. It's christmas and I sat alone!

So with that, I'm not sure how to feel about this. Him & I are actually church buddies before we started liking each other...so I feel like I have the advantage but at the same time I feel like he is feeling too 'jerky' about his ex not being there for him. I know he still cares for her...but at the same time...he shouldn't be like this? I don't know...

I must add that we have known each for a year. Been talking for a month. Been on a few lunches and one real date.
You Bronx women wouldnt be happy even ya could do 80mph down Castle Hill Avenue!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 11-16-2011, 02:27 PM

16,077 posts, read 28,557,959 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nowitsshowtime View Post
Yeah...its all about what he wants.

Old 11-16-2011, 02:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by virgode View Post
If the conversations about her continue, don't waste your time, hes not over his ex.
Yes, you're right about that.

From the positive feedbacks, I will give it a bit more time before I kick him to the curb if anything else does happen. lol he's quite a good guy I can tell...I was just a bit worried.

THANK YOU EVERYONE FOR THE FEEDBACK!! I really appreciate it!!

Old 11-16-2011, 03:37 PM

19,712 posts, read 20,244,680 times
Oh this is the rebound relationship from church, right?

Old 11-16-2011, 07:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by D217 View Post
Oh this is the rebound relationship from church, right?
Yes, you got that right. Hopefully it has evolved from just being a 'rebound' to mutual liking!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships