Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-17-2011, 01:45 AM

44,255 posts, read 64,365,577 times

Advertisements

I don't understand the question. What's the question?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-20-2011, 03:28 PM

20 posts, read 34,353 times
UPDATE ON THE SITUATION:

I was with him after church. We went for a small lunch then back to his place to nap a bit before we both went to work. Well, I kinda regret snooping a bit but he was sleeping......Anyways, a few days ago he text his ex back saying 'i still have feelings for you but it's not the same anymore. cuz of what u did. idk what we are anymore'. I would assume that she told him something about wanting him back?

Is this bad?

Old 11-20-2011, 03:37 PM

16,077 posts, read 28,557,959 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by milliongirl417 View Post
UPDATE ON THE SITUATION:

I was with him after church. We went for a small lunch then back to his place to nap a bit before we both went to work. Well, I kinda regret snooping a bit but he was sleeping......Anyways, a few days ago he text his ex back saying 'i still have feelings for you but it's not the same anymore. cuz of what u did. idk what we are anymore'. I would assume that she told him something about wanting him back?

Is this bad?
Their relationship isn't over. The question is, what do you think?

Old 11-20-2011, 04:09 PM

5,503 posts, read 5,570,961 times
Quote:
I see it now. Yeah he mentioned her on certain past things but I noticed it's only bad things...

One time, we were on his bed watching a movie, I wanted to heat up leftovers food we had earlier. So I went to get up to do it...

he commented, 'You're not lazy like 'ex name', she makes me do every little thing' ...I looked and him and was like 'HAH'..then went to do my thing.

This was in the beginning when we first started hanging out..and getting to know each other.
I don't think it's polite for a man or woman to give a backhanded compliment aimed towards someone whose status you maybe replacing. If it were me, I would definitely be cautious. A gentleman for instance would never talk bad about a past relationship let alone manipulate anyone into doing his bidding by giving a backhanded compliment.

But...that just my opinion.

Old 11-20-2011, 04:58 PM

3,814 posts, read 6,785,076 times
Quote:
UPDATE ON THE SITUATION:

Is this bad?
Put the brakes on before you get in deeper than you already are. IMO you are a distraction for him while those two are "figuring out" where they are. If you keep going how you are going odds are he will probably get back with her, you will probably get hurt. Even if he doesn't get back with her, it doesn't look like he is emotionally available for any relationship at the moment.

Old 11-20-2011, 05:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by moonsavvy View Post
Put the brakes on before you get in deeper than you already are. IMO you are a distraction for him while those two are "figuring out" where they are. If you keep going how you are going odds are he will probably get back with her, you will probably get hurt. Even if he doesn't get back with her, it doesn't look like he is emotionally available for any relationship at the moment.
You're right. I am not ready for a relationship with him or anyone else for that matter right now. But if I were to like someone, I would expect it to have a bit of direction with just the two of us. Is that really too much to ask? I know it's not his fault for still being on his ex but I didn't expect to fall for him WHILE I was comforting him. The more I think about it, the more I want to tell him to stop talking to me until he figures it out. I don't mind 'waiting' for him nor do I mind him going back to his ex. But I'm the kind of person to have a PLAN. But then again, I somehow feels like it's too early to expect such a thing when he only admitted he liked me a few weeks ago...

Old 11-20-2011, 05:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by moonsavvy View Post
Chances are...this assessment is correct.

Old 11-20-2011, 05:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ans57 View Post
Chances are...this assessment is correct.
I just recently broke up with my ex also. I need time, so does he. Does it excuse his behavior? Or is it still iffy?

Old 11-20-2011, 06:21 PM

Quote:
I just recently broke up with my ex also. I need time, so does he. Does it excuse his behavior? Or is it still iffy?
Taking time to regroup after a break up is wise. As far as the bolded above...ultimately, only you would know what the answer to this, is. It would be presumptuous of me to say otherwise... My previous post was just MY pov.

Old 11-20-2011, 06:54 PM

3,814 posts, read 6,785,076 times
Quote:
Sounds like you both need time to recover from your previous relationships.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships