Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-19-2011, 09:51 PM

45,217 posts, read 100,729,092 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CelticViking View Post
sasquatch-thats a great informative post...she has actually been a mental hospital for a while...and i have been through hell and back trying to be strong for both of us. She actually this past summer had a very rare infection that was quite serious and spent a lot of time in the hospital with it, so she has been through a lot as well. But she is the one who can be downright nasty, and most of the times its unrealistic anger. We just started counseling...and this feeling is just something i rarely feel(about wanting her i guess to feel hurt emotionally), but i honestly wanted to know where it came from. If anyone is verbally abusive it is her not i. I guess i just didnt come across that way in the post.
I'm so sorry for how tough it must be to deal with all this.

I wish you had posted this in your original post so we could have understood what you were trying to say better.

Unfortunately, when you said you just want to hurt her some people took that to mean physically hurt her.

It can be very hard to continue loving a mentally ill person when they lash out at you constantly or cause you other grief. And you sound like you've been through the ringer with her verbally abusive behavior.

Still, wanting to hurt her back in arguments isn't good or loving behavior either. I'm glad you are seeking professional advice and hope you'll soon have the tools to better deal with all you are facing.

As to your question of "why" do you do this...I think it's simple - you've reached your limit with her and aren't handling the stress very well.

Best of luck finding some peace in your life and marriage.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-19-2011, 09:54 PM

16,077 posts, read 28,557,959 times
Quote:
I should of taken a lot more time to explain the whole situation.
Request the thread be closed thru the moderators and then explain the whole situation.

Old 11-19-2011, 10:40 PM

3,688 posts, read 5,013,641 times
Quote:
sasquatch-thats a great informative post...she has actually been a mental hospital for a while...and i have been through hell and back trying to be strong for both of us. She actually this past summer had a very rare infection that was quite serious and spent a lot of time in the hospital with it, so she has been through a lot as well. But she is the one who can be downright nasty, and most of the times its unrealistic anger. We just started counseling...and this feeling is just something i rarely feel(about wanting her i guess to feel hurt emotionally), but i honestly wanted to know where it came from. If anyone is verbally abusive it is her not i. I guess i just didnt come across that way in the post.

Not surprising everyone thought that A) YOU were automatically the abusive type, and B) you meant you wanted to physically harm her. It honestly wasn't the way you phrased it (per my response to you, clearly), it's just where the majority in here automatically go anytime there's a confrontation mentioned between a man and a woman.

It's the standard knee-jerk reaction in here, it really is.

You explained things JUST FINE in your post; everyone else just read a bunch of BS into it. Don't worry about it.

Old 11-19-2011, 11:10 PM

19,012 posts, read 29,720,562 times
Stamp a waffle iron on her booty and then you can apply vermont syrup

That's how Celts do it.

Old 11-19-2011, 11:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urban Sasquatch View Post
Not surprising everyone thought that A) YOU were automatically the abusive type, and B) you meant you wanted to physically harm her.

It honestly wasn't the way you phrased it (per my response to you, clearly), it's just where the majority in here automatically go anytime there's a confrontation mentioned between a man and a woman.

You explained things JUST FINE in your post; everyone else just read a bunch of BS into it. Don't worry about it.
Sheesh UB...

After you've said you're not surprised the impression poster got assuming abuse.

Then you go onto say he expressed himself fine and we read a bunch of BS into what he said.

Do you know what you think or like the sound of your fingers hitting the key board?

I'm shaking my head...time for the ignore feature again...

Old 11-19-2011, 11:49 PM

Location: Everybody is going to hurt you, you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for-B Marley
9,516 posts, read 20,005,830 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Urban Sasquatch View Post
Not surprising everyone thought that A) YOU were automatically the abusive type, and B) you meant you wanted to physically harm her. It honestly wasn't the way you phrased it (per my response to you, clearly), it's just where the majority in here automatically go anytime there's a confrontation mentioned between a man and a woman.

Everyone?

Old 11-19-2011, 11:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whyte Byrd View Post
Everyone?
Everyone else meaning everyone but himself.

Old 11-19-2011, 11:56 PM

Location: Everybody is going to hurt you, you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for-B Marley
9,516 posts, read 20,005,830 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by virgode View Post
Everyone else meaning everyone but himself.
That's not true though. Oh well, whatever.

Old 11-20-2011, 12:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whyte Byrd View Post
That's not true though. Oh well, whatever.
UBs perception and opinion of advice others have to offer in any thread he contributes are always below his expectations.

Old 11-20-2011, 02:05 AM

1,841 posts, read 3,173,928 times
Quote:
kinda hard to explain but...my wife and i have had troubles, arguing, nasty fights, etc...

why do i sometimes when i see that she is being sensetive(maybe i have the upper hand) which does not occur often, do i feel like i really want to make her hurt, but at the end want to be the one to comfort her?

does that make sense?...its like i want to hurt her and for her to hurt...but in the end i want to be the one to hug her and comfort her...

dont know what that is or where that comes from...and i know its wrong.
It is a paradox..
You know what you are saying but you cannot seem to help your self..you know her best and know what buttons to push...even though this is not your intention at the time it makes sense, but once the words are out..you feel horrible..
I will state this is typical human behavior..you need to zip the lip..because we often hurt the ones we love the most.
It is common practice in a loving and trusting relationship often times we know our SO weaknesses and this should never be used as a weapon..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships