Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-20-2011, 06:50 PM

45,218 posts, read 100,495,521 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lamplight View Post
I hate seeing things like this in articles. Does this ever actually happen in real life? It just seems like the author isn't living in the real world, but a romantic comedy. Either that or I'm living in a movie where nothing like that ever happens.
I know! Sounds like a plot in a bad Harlequin romance novel doesn't it?

And yet, some guys want so badly to justify their disdain for women that they latch on to it like it's the gospel truth
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-20-2011, 07:09 PM

479 posts, read 834,302 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdrop93 View Post
Anybody can say anything - that doesn't make it true. There is no way to make that sort of estimate.
Think men are the unfaithful sex? A study shows WOMEN are the biggest cheats - they're just better at lying about it | Mail Online

Well, I suppose the woman who wrote the article could be lying.

Old 11-20-2011, 07:15 PM

9,726 posts, read 16,704,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TaoistDude View Post
You may not be sufficiently clumsy - unintentionally or intentionally!
I guess not! Next time I go to the grocery store I'll try to knock over some shelves or fall through the glass display cooler in the deli and act all awkward and cute. Of course, since I'm just some guy and not a quirky 20-something girl in a movie, it'll probably just wind up being painful and expensive.

Old 11-20-2011, 07:16 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,116,307 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tegota View Post

I thought you thought most women were liars already?

Any statistics about infidelity, illegitimate children, etc. - should be taken with a grain of salt. Any time you look for statistics on these things on the web - you'll come up with a bunch of different articles with a bunch of different statistics. I could look and find an article about how men cheat more than women. Actually - I did - and there were a bunch of articles. Point being - there is no way to get an accurate estimate. And who really cares anyway. And more to the point - why do YOU care since you don't ever want to have a relationship with a woman anyway.

All that I care about is that I haven't cheated and neither has my husband. Everyone else can do whatever they would like.

Old 11-20-2011, 07:19 PM

2,495 posts, read 4,349,351 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdrop93 View Post
I thought you thought most women were liars already?

Any statistics about infidelity, illegitimate children, etc. - should be taken with a grain of salt. Any time you look for statistics on these things on the web - you'll come up with a bunch of different articles with a bunch of different statistics. I could look and find an article about how men cheat more than women. Actually - I did - and there were a bunch of articles. Point being - there is no way to get an accurate estimate. And who really cares anyway. And more to the point - why do YOU care since you don't ever want to have a relationship with a woman anyway.
OUCH!!!

Quote:
All that I care about is that I haven't cheated and neither has my husband. Everyone else can do whatever they would like.

Old 11-20-2011, 07:23 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,116,307 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Percentage View Post
OUCH!!!
Hey - he's the one that keeps saying it every thread! I just wonder why someone who says that have no interest in relationships spends so much time researching as much negative things about women as he can - and then starts threads about them… I just don't get it!

Old 11-20-2011, 07:23 PM

479 posts, read 834,302 times
I think Chris Rock says it best.

Chris Rock - moment #3 (Women are liars) - YouTube

Old 11-20-2011, 09:00 PM

4,098 posts, read 7,096,034 times
Default Wives Reveal Their Secret Sex Lives

Quote:
Originally Posted by darrensmooth View Post
so your ok with your husband having an emotional affair, where he dreams about her, about being with her, looking forward to seeing her all while ignoring you and distancing himself from you, in other words giving affection that should be to you, to someone else?...interesting
How did you read all this crap into Ulysses61's post? She didn't say that, she said simply an emotional affair, she also said she wouldn't be happy about it. I think you are trying to make a mountain out of a mole hill. She said she wouldn't call it cheating, and it's not cheating.

Old 11-21-2011, 03:08 AM

24,620 posts, read 28,239,057 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HurricaneDC View Post
I'm not at all surprised by that number.

I was watching a special on the History channel about Vietnam the other week. At one point there was this elderly couple. They were married before the war. At one point, the husband had been taken prisoner by the NVA. He was missing for a year or two if I'm not mistaken. Then he was finally rescued and came back stateside, and guess who was there at the air force base waiting for him... his wife. And they're still together today. Ya just don't see that kind of commitment and dedication to another person any more.
What makes you say that?
What proof or stats do you have to back up your opinion.
You're saying that no one would stick with a spouse?
Perhaps you're talking about your own relationships, but that's a pretty broad mop you're using to paint everyone.

Old 11-21-2011, 04:41 AM

24,620 posts, read 28,239,057 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tegota View Post
Yeah, the mail is considered the best on-line source of information evah.
Glad you could help us out here.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships