Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-21-2011, 02:36 PM

3,083 posts, read 4,869,027 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nite Ryder View Post
How did you read all this crap into Ulysses61's post? She didn't say that, she said simply an emotional affair, she also said she wouldn't be happy about it. I think you are trying to make a mountain out of a mole hill. She said she wouldn't call it cheating, and it's not cheating.
to me it is cheating...if anything it could be WORSE to have feelings for someone else than some drunken fling.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-21-2011, 02:48 PM

28,896 posts, read 54,045,943 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Braunwyn View Post
First of all that is not a study. It's a book is it not? Now, lets see if you can figure out why you didn't produce a study.

eta: btw, a study is to be found in a journal not a publishing house.
Maybe. But I certainly don't like being accused of lying.

Old 11-21-2011, 02:58 PM

19,045 posts, read 25,151,745 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpg35223 View Post
Maybe. But I certainly don't like being accused of lying.
Hey, I didn't accuse you of lying. My assumptions were that you, as with others, were being careless. If you're going purport loaded stats you should not only understand what you're saying, but have the curtousey to back it up. And it's not a maybe. It is a book and you should know that.

Old 11-21-2011, 02:59 PM

3,083 posts, read 4,869,027 times
OP, the facts are this: women cheat, men cheat, why the % matters I don't know. Even if 95% of women cheated, as long as yours is not it doesnt matter, and you have to look at your own prejudices, past experiences to determine why you suspect most (65%..thats almost 7/10) of women are cheaters...

Old 11-21-2011, 05:55 PM

28,896 posts, read 54,045,943 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Braunwyn View Post
Hey, I didn't accuse you of lying. My assumptions were that you, as with others, were being careless. If you're going purport loaded stats you should not only understand what you're saying, but have the curtousey to back it up. And it's not a maybe. It is a book and you should know that.
Actually, I simply said that I had read it somewhere a few years ago and quoted from memory. And, as it turns out, my memory of the authors' contentions were pretty close.

Old 11-21-2011, 06:11 PM

19,045 posts, read 25,151,745 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpg35223 View Post
Actually, I simply said that I had read it somewhere a few years ago and quoted from memory. And, as it turns out, my memory of the authors' contentions were pretty close.
Who knows what the authors' contentions were. It's unlikely any of us, including you, will read that book. I posted earlier and provided a study to shed some light on how data is collected and stats interpreted. Your assertions of 10% in the US and 15% in Europe as a sampling of the gen pop is simply wrong. And it's a heavy charge to make and intellectually insulting to both of us. Any how, I never thought you were intentionally lying (either sitting on information or making up information), only that it's likely you do not understand the sampling of the data and what the stats actually tell. I was hoping you would come to realize this on your own.

Old 11-21-2011, 08:02 PM

479 posts, read 834,302 times
The legal system needs to address the issue; like they have in Australian.

Paternity Fraud = 2 to 6 years in Prison.
The Courts reverse the Child Support judgment; collect all of the money back and return it to the male victim. Plus there are additional penalties and fines.

Old 11-21-2011, 08:04 PM

61,289 posts, read 87,253,323 times
cheating is a crime not of gender but of opportunity. it is so very strange the the mind set on the feminist threads is that the cheater is a male.
remember that no fault divorce made cheating a freebie. no penalty.

Old 11-21-2011, 08:53 PM

2,472 posts, read 3,191,902 times
What a surprise: women are human. This isn't news, this is common sense. People need to stop denying biology and stop pretending to be puritans. Expecting to have sex with one person for decades is absolutely ridiculous and is one of the biggest lies next to religion.

Old 11-21-2011, 09:19 PM

479 posts, read 834,302 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aganusn View Post
what a surprise: Women are human. This isn't news, this is common sense. People need to stop denying biology and stop pretending to be puritans. Expecting to have sex with one person for decades is absolutely ridiculous and is one of the biggest lies next to religion.
Indeed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships